One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-20 20:49:42

mamadou

The story of the treachery and a dying fam

When I was born into this fam, I had two sisters, one older, one younger. I thought there was nothing to worry about, there were enough people and plenty of resources. So I set about building a giant forest, to provide our family with all the wood we would need for a long time.
After a while I started to notice that the majority of people around were men. I then inherited leadership and asked for any fertile women to stay in the nursery for a while. No one turned up. I honestly thought the family was dead. I was not too bothered about this, as it seemed quite a natural end, it was just a shame that a great number of trees were probably going to die.
Then it happened. A new baby! Yes, brilliant! I went to see and my niece was working as a grave keeper. The baby was miscarried, but she was still fertile so there was hope. I didn't want to interrupt her so I didn't ask her to stay warm. Another baby came and was miscarried, but there's nothing you can do about that, just luck.
I carried on looking at my trees, watering when a few grew up. Then I saw that someone was being attacked. I ran, terrified they had attacked her. And I was right, there she was, shot with an arrow. I told her to come, get to the nursery. I ran for a knife, took out the arrow, sterilised the knife, but I just could seal her wound. I kept trying again and again, but I just couldn't figure it out. I was panicking, the hope of this family was bleeding out and I was struggling to hold a knife to her wound. Then she was gone. Her mother, my older sister next to me.
I was frantic, crazed, I had to blame someone. There was a man with her at that time, he had a bow and some arrows. I picked up the knife that I had tried to heal her with, exiled him and stabbed him. He objected, told me he had been hunting turkeys, but surely, surely that wasn't the case, it was too suspicious. The cook believed him though, and stabbed me as soon as I was vulnerable. I accepted death, I didn't have any idea if the supposed hunter was telling the truth, I was just taking out my anger on him. I apologised to my family for my mistake, but before I bled out a faithful follower nursed me back to health.
I was far from happy. I realised I wanted to die, I wanted to be punished for my failure and possible injustice. I didn't care about living anymore. But I couldn't mope, at this point I had to comfort my dying sister, who wished to sing with her daughter soon.
I wandered around town. Helplessly. Knowing I had failed my family, possibly killed an innocent man and all my saplings would die. There was nothing I could do. In my dying moments I took my niece and her mother into the graveyard that my niece had carefully taken care of and died apologising to my family.

Also, apologies for writing this in this forum, not sure which one it fits in.

#2 2021-04-20 21:55:27

Gremlynn

Re: The story of the treachery and a dying fam

Typical story of ohol. Its depressing but things are more often like this than they are not. Its also not surprising people were siding on the family consider planting trees and "gravekeeping" were  the highlighted profession in this story.

Dont feel bad, males are disposable after all, so removing one only increases spawn weight for you family.

Most experienced players play with a strong sense of bias. Often outing to resume a project they had started in lives past, check in on a family they're invested in, or pick a family of the race they wish to play as.

It is what it is.

Eventually you will grow hardened to these elements and feel next to nothing when it happens. Depressing as it is its the way of the game.

#3 2021-04-20 22:08:25

Starknight_One

Re: The story of the treachery and a dying fam

Gremlynn wrote:

Typical story of ohol. Its depressing but things are more often like this than they are not. Its also not surprising people were siding on the family consider planting trees and "gravekeeping" were  the highlighted profession in this story.

Dont feel bad, males are disposable after all, so removing one only increases spawn weight for you family.

Most experienced players play with a strong sense of bias. Often outing to resume a project they had started in lives past, check in on a family they're invested in, or pick a family of the race they wish to play as.

It is what it is.

Eventually you will grow hardened to these elements and feel next to nothing when it happens. Depressing as it is its the way of the game.

A tale so full of crime
A life ever so brief
A story told in rhyme
A once upon a time
Anger and the grief

... eh, thought that was going somewhere. The muse is fickle.

Board footer