One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-18 17:07:04

QuirkySmirkyIan

Yes I was the one who produced hundreds of beans.

Yes, I was the one who farmed hundreds of beans. The reasons I have done this are to "enrich gameplay experiences for players" as the game itself is not being updated. I also have "griefed" because I wanted to change how I play the game and explore new ways of life in One Hour One Life. I am trying a different approach in game. I will not be doing traditional griefs such as sheep killing, bear armies, mass exiling, or diesel scrapping. Instead I will be doing "exotic" griefs to "further enhance" player replayability. This is to ensure the game does not die out and to make awkward encounters in game. This is a "social experiment" game and therefore I am testing different things in this "experiment of mine." One of the rules I will do my best to adhere to when I am "griefing" is to not harass users or use excessive profanity. This is so players can still have an "enriched experience" while not feeling extremely negative emotions.

EDIT: Remember that I am a human being behind the screen.

Last edited by QuirkySmirkyIan (2021-04-18 17:08:20)

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2021-04-18 17:11:23

Cogito

Re: Yes I was the one who produced hundreds of beans.

Best troll ever is to grow as much milkweed as you can. I once grew so much I could stand in middle of the field and all you could see was milkweed. Fields of milkweed to the horizon! They will never see it coming.

#3 2021-04-18 17:13:05

QuirkySmirkyIan

Cogito wrote:

Best troll ever is to grow as much milkweed as you can. I once grew so much I could stand in middle of the field and all you could see was milkweed. Fields of milkweed to the horizon! They will never see it coming.

Good idea after I eat lunch and depending on how many of you guys who cursed me are still onlinem, I will do just that! smile

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#4 2021-04-18 18:15:37

DestinyCall

Cogito wrote:

I did that once during the Rift.   I found a cozy little spot with a lot of natural dirt piles when I was a young boy, wandering alone without a village. I decided that it would be the perfect spot for a milkweed farm.  I just grew milkweed and more milkweed and more milkweed all by myself until I died of old age.   When I ran out of saplings, I used the milkweed to make stone hoes so I could grow more milkweed.  By the time I was done, there was a field of milkweed as far as the eye could see in all directions.   

It was magnificent.

Of course, that was back before we were limited to one well per family, so that kind of solo adventure was possible.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2021-04-18 18:18:27)

#5 2021-04-18 18:58:51

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I'mma need screenshots thank you

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#6 2021-04-19 00:05:36

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

Of course, that was back before we were limited to one well per family, so that kind of solo adventure was possible.

Families *can* and often enough do have more than one well these days.  If the secondary well goes empty and that part of the lineage dies out, it can even reset to 9 stones on a natural spring.

Tapout exists though, unlike during The Rift.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2021-04-19 00:29:32

DestinyCall

How do you make a second well?    I haven't kept up with the current mechanics, so I just don't do water/iron/oil anymore.

#8 2021-04-19 01:15:56

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

How do you make a second well?    I haven't kept up with the current mechanics, so I just don't do water/iron/oil anymore.

It's no different than any other well.  Just put 10 stones on a *natural* spring and dig up what gets called a 'ready well site': https://onetech.info/3963-Ready-Well-Si … 0-40-160-0.  It won't unlock iron though.  There exists only one iron unlock per family.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2021-04-19 01:16:42)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#9 2021-04-19 01:45:59

DestinyCall

Oh gotcha.   I must have been thinking of iron.

#10 2021-04-19 16:50:55

Morti

DestinyCall wrote:

nOuFAZO.gif

#11 2021-04-19 17:03:34

Morti

Morti wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/nOuFAZO.gif

I said "All these other well sites become dry" What I meant to say is "all other natural springs in this area dry out"

Feel free to correct this post if things change/have changed, and let me know what you think of my gif making skills. Are any slides poorly timed? Is there a slide where you would have liked more time to read or look at the image? It's important to me.

As to how this A.I. scenario might go on forever? Simple, someone in a new Eve camp makes a landingstrip, plane shows up, fertile girl goes back, she's showered with warmth and food giving her better fertility, and the old camp is used as an outpost for toxic resources like Iron, Oil, Uranium; take your pick.

Board footer