One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-14 20:58:29

lovearino

why do i keep getting born as an eve..

is nobody playing the game??? i dont find eve gameplay fun at all and i just end up killing myself. i've tried multiple times and im still getting born as an eve. i haven't seen a single other person in the game either whats up with that is the game just dead

#2 2021-04-14 20:59:56

lovearino

Re: why do i keep getting born as an eve..

i've played this game for like 2 years on and off its never been this bad LOL

#3 2021-04-14 21:01:35

Spoonwood

Do you see black letters above your name?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2021-04-14 22:39:24

Uncreative Guy

Spoonwood wrote:

The only black letters that show up above one’s name would be waypoints on the UI such as after someone uses the command “/leader”, gives an order to their followers, touches a way stone, sets a home marker, or a bell is rung somewhere in the world.  However, these possibilities are more than likely not what you mean by “black letters above your name”.  This is because, while they may indicate that other players are in the world somewhere, none of these are easy reference points to go off of to determine if one is in Donkey Town.  There are many other easy reference points to use, such as as black text box appearing above one’s head with white letters, saying something similar to “X GHOST WOMAN X”.  This is because this text above your head is a curse name, which will only show up above your own character while you are in Donkey Town.  As stated by the official One Hour One Life wiki: “It is not possible to curse yourself, even in another life.”  This means that it is physically impossible to see a curse name above your own character, due to the fact that you need to curse someone to see their curse name outside of Donkey Town.  Viewing your own curse name would be an easy sign to check if you are in Donkey Town, and much more efficient of your time than to wait for someone else in the world to possibly ring a bell, due to the fact that way stones do not exist near Donkey Town.  Also because this player is confused as to if there are even other players on currently, it shouldn’t be expected of them to wait for a bell to ring.  Therefore, I am not sure why you would wait for coordinates to appear in Donkey Town, when the much faster and easier option is to look for a curse name.

I’m not creative enough to make a creative signature which explains my noncreative nickname of Uncreative Guy.

#5 2021-04-14 22:50:54

sigmen4020

Do you see white text on a black background when you say something in game?

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#6 2021-04-14 23:13:47

Spoonwood

Uncreative Guy wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

The only black letters that show up above one’s name would be waypoints on the UI such as after someone uses the command “/leader”, gives an order to their followers, touches a way stone, sets a home marker, or a bell is rung somewhere in the world.  However, these possibilities are more than likely not what you mean by “black letters above your name”.  This is because, while they may indicate that other players are in the world somewhere, none of these are easy reference points to go off of to determine if one is in Donkey Town.  There are many other easy reference points to use, such as as black text box appearing above one’s head with white letters, saying something similar to “X GHOST WOMAN X”.  This is because this text above your head is a curse name, which will only show up above your own character while you are in Donkey Town.  As stated by the official One Hour One Life wiki: “It is not possible to curse yourself, even in another life.”  This means that it is physically impossible to see a curse name above your own character, due to the fact that you need to curse someone to see their curse name outside of Donkey Town.  Viewing your own curse name would be an easy sign to check if you are in Donkey Town, and much more efficient of your time than to wait for someone else in the world to possibly ring a bell, due to the fact that way stones do not exist near Donkey Town.  Also because this player is confused as to if there are even other players on currently, it shouldn’t be expected of them to wait for a bell to ring.  Therefore, I am not sure why you would wait for coordinates to appear in Donkey Town, when the much faster and easier option is to look for a curse name.

I asked the wrong question.

I think sigmen asked the correct question above.

sigmen4020 wrote:

Do you see white text on a black background when you say something in game?

Last edited by Spoonwood (2021-04-15 00:45:14)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2021-04-17 13:12:29

Caprys

I'm guessing you are stuck in the second tutorial. When you are born go straight west. If you are in the second tutorial then you should find a building with snakes and a torch not far away. Light the torch and then kill yourself with the snakes or you live out your life until you're sixty. That's how you complete the second tutorial and after you done that you can enter the game.

#8 2021-04-19 17:30:06

Morti

Caprys wrote:

I'm guessing you are stuck in the second tutorial. When you are born go straight west. If you are in the second tutorial then you should find a building with snakes and a torch not far away. Light the torch and then kill yourself with the snakes or you live out your life until you're sixty. That's how you complete the second tutorial and after you done that you can enter the game.

I'm guessing they checked "USE CUSTOM SERVER" and never unchecked it, so they are being born to server7 or server11 and no one is on there, yet they don't know why.

#9 2021-04-19 23:28:07

DestinyCall

It amuses me how many different ways this game can trap people in Eve Hell.

#10 2021-04-20 00:11:52

Morti

DestinyCall wrote:

It amuses me how many different ways this game can trap people in Eve Hell.

Every life I wish to be an Eve, like we so often were two and a half years ago.
But it's not the same on custom servers and it's not the same on BS2, less we get a rush of new players and are swamped with work feeding them, lest we find ourselves in a rapid succession of new towns. Most of which I wouldn't even classify as towns because they never even manage to enclose a single area into and indoor structure. But, that's where the fun is. That is where the challenge is. You can either work or teach, and if you stand around talking, and not working, you're pretty sure you will die, at least, that that town; that hodge podge of rapid deployment resources half accomplished because you weren't sure you'd make it back to them.

But that was interesting.

You were everywhere in an evening, and you left a mark in each place, the way it needed it. You had your choice between education and work, or, I suppose for some there was a third choice 'whatever else people do when they don't feel it best to do either'.
Eyeing the place up as a baby, especially with either a mother working who's eyes have already trained on a highly valuable line of work, which, you could lovingly assist her in. Or, with a mother who searched the landscape piecing together clothes for you from bodies scattered across the landscape. The ladder might give you an even greater perspective into the area so you could see, whats available, whats needed, and decide which task(s) you'd most enjoy tackling. Town need a walled nursery? What's the tool situation like? Are we starving? Are people dying of hunger? Gathering this sort of information for the first time, felt really important, and finding your niche under those conditions, mattered.

#11 2021-04-22 09:23:21

Roblor

JASON WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US?!?!

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#12 2021-04-22 09:25:26

Roblor

Don't answer that. It's rhetorical

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#13 2021-04-22 17:03:36

DestinyCall

Don't worry.  He isn't going to answer.

#14 2021-04-22 21:51:59

Gremlynn

I think its funny how the eve mechanics were added because too many people wanted to be eve and abused the /die mechanic to be one. Now the people who dont want to be eve are being picked against their will and nobody wins. Grade A stuff.

Board footer