One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-26 01:33:07

GamingDorito

why do i keep being reborn in the fink family?

I dont know if the family is around, but chances are it is.

Today i was playing and was born like 4 times in a row in the same family. I literally had to get shot to not be born there.

anyways, i don't have anything against that town, but its just too small once you've played for four lives there.

one hour one life warmonger because ingame violence is funny most of the time (unless its family murder)

you are a chad of chads if you read this

#2 2021-03-26 02:23:03

Spoonwood

Re: why do i keep being reborn in the fink family?

There are two Fink families currently.  One is Ginger, one is Tan.  The Tan Eve named herself Fink.  The Ginger Eve didn't name herself (at least not before having children).  Someone in the Tan Finks came into contact with the Ginger family, and the gingers became Finks.

Also, if you live to 60 and you have a living descendant, you should get born into the same family.  A descendant is someone who is one of your daughters, or their descendants if female.  If male, a descendant is one of your sisters children or their children.

You can nullify the relevant reborn mechanic by going through both tutorial areas.  Other people have confirmed that on discord, and as you can see here I was a black Eve: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=7218607  However, my next life (without using /die, only dying in tutorial areas), I was not a descendant of any of my children.  So, unless none of my descendants were fertile at the time I logged in (which seems unlikely), dying in both tutorial areas nullified the reincarnation mechanic.

The update for this gets discussed here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … p?id=10324  I definitely enjoy it better and think it an improvement, because on some other ocassions I've just gotten reborn into my family as Eve especially, and I can see how the place builds up over time and how it changes, and be part of that process.  I would guess people trying to take on large scale projects have enjoyed this change also.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2021-03-26 02:47:58

Uncreative Guy

Re: why do i keep being reborn in the fink family?

If you had children, you will be born to one of them, or their descendants in your next life.  If you were male or a childless woman, then you will be born to a niece or one of their descendants next life.

/die or live a tutorial life to break the chain.  There is a chance you will spawn in the family again, so just keep /dying until you are out of it.

I’m not creative enough to make a creative signature which explains my noncreative nickname of Uncreative Guy.

Board footer