One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-21 15:12:44

Spoonwood

Too Far Away Spoon Family

I had an Eve run before the recent arc restart where on reincarnation I learned my family was like 15k away from blacks and very far from other families: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=7196502  We found a place that had a reset dry well site (9 stones on the natural spring and developed farm nearby).  So, it looked like a short generation camp that had died out, because I guess no one wanted to improve it or bad luck on new players or game mechanics.  If I recall correctly I had seen one or two fully picked iron veins (stripped iron vein) before I got there, so when the other person was smithing and I think was making a shovel (and something else... I think we didn't have a hammer and only a few iron in town?), so I literally said PICK and I think made that instead, and then made the shovel with the one iron left before using the mining pick later.

I did end up seeing a pump in that place later on, so I guess that someone scavenged for some rubber tires or sulfur somewhere without getting anything from blacks.  I don't know how far the later Spoons got through that pump, and I doubt they ever even ran a diesel water pump, though maybe they did.  I also didn't play late generations iirc in that family, so I could have missed a diesel water pump.

What I do know is that on the second life there, iirc, I dug up a well 200 or 240 tiles south of the primary well.  I emptied it out after getting it to deep well stage iirc.  Later on 40 tiles south of the primary well/pump, there was a deep well, which I think had been a dry site with stakes before (maybe it got dug up?).  I dug up another spring I think 40 tiles south of where I had dug up before.

The evolve or die post says:

jasonrohrer wrote:

If they're not developing the next level of survival technology, they are dooming their village in the future.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=63

Let's say that we modify that to say

"If they're not trying to obtain resources to make or use or trade for or steal the next level of survival technology, they are dooming their village in the future."

But 80 generations on questionable scavenging I guess (getting rubber tires before anyone in your family or who you spoke to had figured out how to make rubber tires... maybe finding crude oil or kerosene without seeing a ginger???), and well water importation.  Or did people actually coordinate that I missed to get that Spoon family kerosene and maybe sulfur?  Less water in wells and ponds also won't make for a good "solution" to force the "issue" of needing to do the next level of survival technology, since that won't scale, and server1 hasn't gotten used for overflow in months.

This isn't an argument that such a family was fun (though importing water from a well is chill if you ask me) or that bs2 at the time was fun.  Not having any way to access resources or your family soon running out of the ability to make rubber and running out of the ability to make kerosene and no one in your family ever having the ability to make crude oil isn't fun either and worse not even having the ability to do prep work for someone else to make crude oil isn't fun.  And other families not having the ability to cook or grow certain foods soon enough I also don't think enjoyable.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer