One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-23 03:20:21

TheRubyCart

How to improve Gooseberries

I am confused why the berries pink / red in-game, I mean, in real life they are orange and mildly bigger

I also think that they grow far too often compared to real life and should be made rarer

Ideas
-
Make them Orange
Make them hold only 6 or 5 berries at a time
Give 2-3 pips instead of 1
And make it rarer and can't be fed to sheep (instead just feed a carrot to a sheep to something idk)

This would make them better in-game and a bit more realistic

ty for listening

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#2 2021-02-23 05:45:37

DestinyCall

Re: How to improve Gooseberries

The common gooseberry is closely related to currants.  It is indigenous to many parts of Europe and western Asia, growing naturally in alpine thickets and rocky woods in the lower country, from France eastward, well into the Himalayas and peninsular India.

1518211146828.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gooseberry

Gooseberries come in many varieties and various colors, including green, red, purple, yellow, pink, white, or black.   

104-pcs-pack-Fresh-Perennial-Physalis-Cape-Gooseberry-bonsai-Potted-fruit-garden-Nutrient-rich-Decorative-balconies.jpg

But not orange.

You might be thinking of the cape gooseberry or golden berry.   It is a different plant entirely.  The cape gooseberries is a South American plant native to Peru and Colombia.  It is in the nightshade family, and has bright orange-yellow fruit.  The fruit ripens inside green pods that dry into a papery husk.  The berries resemble tiny tomatoes.  Despite its name, the cape gooseberry is not botanically related to other gooseberries, such as those of the genus Ribes.  They are more closely related to tomatillos and Chinese Lantern plants.

Uchuva_2005.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physalis_peruviana

Both types of gooseberries are very fruitful and produce plenty of berries.   Not just a handful on each bush.   If that's all your getting from your gooseberries, there might be something wrong with your soil.

#3 2021-02-23 06:26:47

TheRubyCart

DestinyCall wrote:

You might be thinking of the cape gooseberry or golden berry.   It is a different plant entirely.  The cape gooseberries is a South American plant native to Peru and Colombia.  It is in the nightshade family, and has bright orange-yellow fruit.  The fruit ripens inside green pods that dry into a papery husk.  The berries resemble tiny tomatoes.  Despite its name, the cape gooseberry is not botanically related to other gooseberries, such as those of the genus Ribes.  They are more closely related to tomatillos and Chinese Lantern plants.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … a_2005.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physalis_peruviana

Both types of gooseberries are very fruitful and produce plenty of berries.   Not just a handful on each bush.   If that's all your getting from your gooseberries, there might be something wrong with your soil.

Ok I didn't know that, and my parents grow alot more then 5 or six lol, just saying, I mean, in-game you only get 5-6 carrots when you get alot more irl

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#4 2021-02-23 06:40:30

DestinyCall

I don't know about that.  When I plant one carrot seed in real life, I usually only get one carrot, not five or six of them.   I think the game is pretty generous with the carrot harvest.

#5 2021-02-23 06:42:41

TheRubyCart

DestinyCall wrote:

I don't know about that.  When I plant one carrot seed in real life, I usually only get one carrot, not five or six of them.   I think the game is pretty generous with the carrot harvest.

i dont know much about carrots

#6 2021-02-23 19:35:56

Eboy

Remove them entirely or just make them non-food. Alternatively, a chance of every berry being poisoned would be fun.

Last edited by Eboy (2021-02-23 19:36:50)

#7 2021-02-23 21:17:37

DestinyCall

Just make them a powerful contraceptive.   If you eat a gooseberry, no babies for fifteen minutes.

Noobs and berry-munchers would self-sterilize until they learned better.  Veterans could choose to abstain from motherhood when appropriate.

#8 2021-02-24 06:25:53

TheRubyCart

Eboy wrote:

Remove them entirely or just make them non-food. Alternatively, a chance of every berry being poisoned would be fun.

they taste good irl tho

Board footer