One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-19 14:45:43

Bellium

How do you handle your new player bbs?

There's been a lot of sales with the game recently, and I'm noticing that a fair few of my new player kids don't know yum despite them saying they're not new. I assume this is because while they've played a few lives, their mothers and people around them didn't seem to take the time out of whatever they were doing to teach them. So I just wanted to get some more insight on how people at large treat the bb's that are accompanied by a little ding.

#2 2021-02-19 20:29:23

TheRubyCart

Re: How do you handle your new player bbs?

I try to teach new players, better to get rid of the noob-i-ness in dem, make them atleast good at farming / cooking and yum

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#3 2021-02-19 21:52:55

QuirkySmirkyIan

I tell them about yum if I get a ding then if I am in the mood I usually start by teaching pies, or farming, when do I teach farming I love to include compost making as without soil you can't farm and they can get c o n f u s e d

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#4 2021-02-19 23:17:46

prier

My approach to teaching yum is to show the kids what I eat. Each time I need food, I find a kiddo and show them how to eat what I am eating. It's all well and good to tell kids to eat diverse food but truly new players usually don't know what food looks like or how to interact with it.
Show then how to use a bowl on a crock or a plate kn turkey. How to make popcorn or harvest green beans.
When teaching them basics I like to start with corn. Corn is the food of the gods. Once they've learnt how to farm it, eat it fresh or make popcorn I show them pigs geese or cows. Gives them a more complex set of tasks to have fun with.

#5 2021-02-20 10:48:55

Roblor

"Sorry bby"
And run like the wind

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#6 2021-02-20 11:03:47

Berry High Priest

Either if im in a good mood or not i teach them how to make a pie from scratch.
Or i dump them in the nursery and continue my work like every mommy should.
Or i tell them "Hi baby, could you do mommy a favour and slash die?"

Kind regards,
Your friendly gooseberry gentleman neighbor.

#7 2021-02-20 15:31:47

prier

Fuck? seriously? you just dump the bb? have you thouhgt about how that affects the game long term?

#8 2021-02-20 21:28:24

Caprys

I throw them at a fire and watch them burn.

#9 2021-02-20 22:08:28

DestinyCall

It is better to roast and eat them.     Baby back ribs are better than pork tacos.

Why teach noobs how to yum when you can turn them INTO yum?

#10 2021-02-21 07:29:56

darkdemon23

prier wrote:

Fuck? seriously? you just dump the bb? have you thouhgt about how that affects the game long term?

wont affect the game as much as months with no new content

#11 2021-02-23 06:13:03

Aureolin

if theres someone in the nursery or kitchen drop them there and be like "hey can you take care of my bb they're a noob and I'm v busy ok tyyy byeee" without letting them respond with the amount of stuff I've had to do in recent lives and the amount of my bbs that I actually cared for that turned out to be griefers i'd rather have a designated team in the nursery to take care of all bbs especially if I'm focused on making an engine or equally important thing

joe earnest the sheep keeper

#12 2021-02-24 07:06:10

arkajalka

Sometimes i just dump the bb to nursery like any other kid.

If i decide to teach the kiddo, i usually teach the full compost cycle. It pretty much covers most of the necesitys on how to survive.

Berry watering/picking, carrot growing, sheep  breeding, shit slinging, watering with bowls/buckets, managing the soil piles with bowl/basket.

Also you hang around the farms so yum chain is ready at hand. And when you beat the straws out of the wheat you can tell the kiddo about its usage in making pies too. Farming is the corner stone for any civilization to stick its roots to one place, farming is life and sustainability.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

Board footer