One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-08 16:55:25

fug

To Ha aa

I seen you when you were still much too small smacking your mallet on firewood trying to help out our little village so I took you under my wing. Since you seemed a natural to woodworking I taught you how to shape the things you whacked. First a box, rather simple then a sledge, and next a wheelbarrow that soon became a full fledge cart. Next we grabbed a couple logs, quickly changed to brand new clogs. Last we made your very first bucket, and before you knew it I said fu-

Just like a mouse and a cookie, if you give a new player a bucket you have to teach them how to use it. If you help a new player milk a cow you need to teach them what to do with cream. If you teach a new player how to use cream, you have to show them how to use butter, and if you give a new player a bowl of butter, you need to teach them bread. This means you learned to milk, cream, whip, churn, bake, and slice bread. All because you made a bucket you got to learn a little bit about animals and how a kitchen works.

But now that we learned what to do in a kitchen we revisited what brought us together. You learned what was easy to cut, you learned that boards do more than make a box. With the table you made with me we learned more foods and made some friends along the way. With our joint effort we taught you burritos, we taught you tacos, we taught you carnitas, and even learned beans. But like all things there came a chime, I look down and see those numbers - fifty eight, soon fifty nine. We said goodbyes and exchanged good wills but there you taught me something I hadn't noticed.

Cheers Mate you exclaimed as fairwells ended, then I noticed what was fated. My mother named me Mate and I hadn't noticed it. Seemed quite eerie how everyone was friendly and called me their mate, but not one to be leery it seems our life turned out quite cheery.

Anyways, the moral of the story is that its important to try to teach new people and not just dumping them after a single lesson. The best lives are those spent with someone eager to learn anything and everything.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#2 2021-01-08 19:25:57

DestinyCall

Re: To Ha aa

Hear, hear.  I couldn't agree more.   

Some of my very best lives involved sharing the joy of discovery with a new player who was eager to learn about the wonderful world of OHOL.

#3 2021-01-09 01:39:56

Bakafeck

Re: To Ha aa

Beautiful, man. I like the lives and stories that make a person feel fulfilled or inspired at the end. Those who take the time to teach give opportunity and wonder to those willing to learn. It's really cool

Board footer