One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-05 03:18:46

Bakafeck

User Story: Ch.3 Bitha Full - The Life of a Mother

Nika, Ria, Bia, Ron, Reagan… six babies! Of those six I reared five - three girls and two boys. Wow, did I ever pump them out!

Er… anyways, I suppose life isn’t measured by children. I don’t even like the things, and I have no idea if they survived. Only watched them become old enough to feed themselves and let them to their own devices. To the youngest went all my belongings, and before my death, my next belongings went to another’s child. Here’s how the life went:

That life was as long as the rest, though it felt longer, and far more exciting.

Once again born to a black family called Full, my mother was Chancee - and she had to chase me! Haha! As it turned out, that kind man who picked me up was actually a local baby snatcher! I thought I was just born to the wrong place and was being relocated! I thought the man so kind for helping move me somewhere, too. I had no idea I was being stolen!

With heavy breaths, my mother told me to jump, so I did. The man kept going, and mother picked me up, and I swear she stared at me with murder in her eyes. She told me sternly, “next time someone picks you up and runs, jump and run back to the nursery.” She told the others about the man who stole me. I have never seen a room so full of people curse the same man so much. His name? Luffy Full. Only after looking at the generations afterwards did I see that he was actually my uncle - something I learned after I died.

She didn’t stop there, either. She was a good mom. She slapped my hand for eating too many carrots, and taught me how to make the dirt I used in the previous life. She stuck with me until I dropped my first child, and even then, she was never far. I got such a good start in life, and laughs, too.

I went right into farm life, working as a kid right into adulthood. It would be easy to take a break from farm work, so it seemed like a good choice. It was a good idea I did that too, because I never saw the triplets coming. Yeah. My first batch that life was triplets. I was walking around a corner with another woman, getting a new basket, when it happened. At first, I assumed one was hers and one was mine, and stumped about the third… but when we got them all to the nursery, sure enough, I realized all three were mine. I named them, fed them, and dreaded the future.

I learned that, if I was too hungry, I could not breastfeed. Good to know. Luckily, the kitchen was attached to the nursery, so I was able to eat well and keep the kids fed. Eventually they sort of scurried off as they got bigger, so I never got to see them grow. The fourth child was the same way, but the fifth stuck around for a bit. When he was born, I held him close. I stripped my own clothes off and put them on him, and when he got old enough to help out, I gave him my backpack. I showed him to the farm, and he thanked me many times. What a good kid. He listened to his tired mother, and helped with the farm. That was Reagan, and I’m sure he helped others afterwards, as that was the kind of boy he was.

Eventually I acquired more clothes and a new backpack - off of a dead body I found. I moved any bodies I found to the graveyard, but with no shovel, I could not bury them. I left the burying to another. I noticed some were infants - grandchildren of mine, but I tried not to dwell. I hard focused farm and social life this time, and I’m glad I did.

Plus, I made so much dirt! The previous maker used to haul wheat and make the dirt, but because I took over the dirt processing, she just grabbed a cart and brought over tons of wheat. Each time, I would shave cabbage into kraut, mix it with the hay, then water it, barely getting them done before the next shipment. We were so efficient, and my life helped so many others. I was always moving. Always working.

Finally, old age came for me, and my body began to weaken. I knew it was time, and stood in the graveyard for a moment before realizing something. I could be more help if I gave my stuff to a new child, just like I did with Reagan. I went to the nursery, where a new mom placed her child down, and stripped myself. I placed every item, even my backpack-basket, on the child. Then, I told the child, “you be good to your mom now”. I overestimated myself. Not a second past by after my last words left my lips, and I was a body on the floor. I hope I didn’t scare them.

That was when I found out that I can go back and see lineages. My poor daughter Ria… she lost three children to sudden infant death. That explains the grandchildren I left in the graveyard. I wish her better luck next time.

---

Previous Life: Maple Full - Graveyard Girl: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … p?id=10418

Last edited by Bakafeck (2021-01-05 05:01:29)

#2 2021-01-05 10:19:21

Cogito

Re: User Story: Ch.3 Bitha Full - The Life of a Mother

Love the stories, thank you.

If you don't know, every time you pick a kid up you use one pip of your own hunger bar, regardless of if the child is fed or not.

The child is only ever fed if they have two or less pips in their hunger bar - if they are hungry. Picking them up while they have three or more pips will not feed them, but will drain a pip from you.

Experienced players with say 'F' when they are at two or less pips, but they will also get a hungry emote so you can see they are hungry.

#3 2021-01-05 13:45:57

DestinyCall

Excellent lives.    Thank you for sharing!

#4 2021-01-05 15:29:33

Bakafeck

Cogito wrote:

Love the stories, thank you.

If you don't know, every time you pick a kid up you use one pip of your own hunger bar, regardless of if the child is fed or not.

Thank you! I'm glad some are enjoying them.
I did figure that out, actually. And holding them keeps the baby fed without draining and such. I have two more lives written up and notes from the 6th to write it with, and it's in one of those that I learned that, so the soul for the stories learns it too.

DestinyCall wrote:

Excellent lives.    Thank you for sharing!

Thanks! I’m sure they’ll get less interesting the more I know, but so far every life has offered something new. I’ll keep writing until they stop being worth sharing.

#5 2021-01-06 21:56:16

antking:]#

well these were fun, I hope I mete you in the danger zone, you seem like a fun person

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#6 2021-01-07 02:33:55

Bakafeck

antking:]# wrote:

well these were fun, I hope I mete you in the danger zone, you seem like a fun person

Danger zone? Shit man, I'm a puss as wimp, you don't want that haha. Thank you though! You and quite a few others seem to be like great people. I'm glad I'm here

Board footer