One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-25 22:34:19

ElKoalito

To the dude that came to server 15

Idk if you hang in this forum but pls leave my stuff I don't wanna lose 10 minuts every life reorganizing everything every time I leave to live real life pls

Don't eat the berry bushes of sheep pen and if you exhaust a bush put soil and water it back PLS

#2 2020-12-26 23:12:48

StrongForce

Re: To the dude that came to server 15

I woudnt advise talking about your low pop server. It attracts griefers.

Baby dance!!

#3 2020-12-26 23:32:47

Spoonwood

StrongForce wrote:

Of course, they are public server.  Yes, it's a risk to do so, but I do think it can be worth it sometimes.  There's no way to play with random people who you don't know much about (even if some people were ban able) without the risk of some destructive player coming along at some point in time.

But again, it's a risk.  The question in my mind involve, is it worth the potential rewards?  And how likely are the potential rewards?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-12-27 00:52:13

ElKoalito

StrongForce wrote:

Even before talking about it I already had people coming when I was offline taking tools and food ............ Like bruh bake pies with the raw food I stored if you want but don't take away a whole cart + 4 baskets of pies.. Or replant when you take milkweed.

I don't think it was done with bad intents or malice but it's really annoying when I spent some time preparing stuff for time consuming projects and having to do the basics over and over.

I can always lock up a perimeter with stone walls and a lock + key but I don't know if it would be worth the time. Can someone just take away a locked door with an adze ?

I want to build a beautifull town and train complicated crafts all on my own. First in the long run I want to build a sport car.

I already did it on a custom server with no food nor aging thus I didn't needed to do anything but rush the components to build it. On a public server I have to manage with care ressources I use and food + it's actually reposing to build nice path and city plan + if I die i have to start from scratch or look around for some time so it's more challenging.

Last edited by ElKoalito (2020-12-27 00:58:37)

#5 2020-12-27 02:12:48

Spoonwood

Elkoalito wrote:

I can always lock up a perimeter with stone walls and a lock + key but I don't know if it would be worth the time. Can someone just take away a locked door with an adze ?

The doors can get blocked fairly easily.  A stronger design is a townurrounded diagonally like this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … _door1.PNG with something , courtesy of Eve Troll, where the yew branches are also something to block an exit.  A door can work.  So can trees.  The idea lies in making too many possible exits for the area to get blocked off, with none of them being possible entrances if say a door is shut.  The first place I saw such was in a town by Eve Frazier, though the concept might have multiple origins.

2HOL has a seed spawn system where you can respawn to a spot according to a code you give it no matter when you die.  You can also turn fertility off or on by voice command.  There does exist hunger, but no hungry work.  It doesn't have pip overflow, but that doesn't bother some people.  You can't make a sports car or truck or paver in 2HOL, but there exists more varieties of clothing, more food types, more types of walls and floors, and copper pipes to move water around.  Iron also appears naturally on the ground, and springs don't dry out other springs (though wells don't have as much water in them, and pumps bust usually faster, I think 2HOL has more water locally).  Also, tarry spots don't deplete, so as soon as you have an oil rig up, water won't run out even on a diesel water pump.  In OHOL, wells can reset in low pop, so if you don't upgrade a deep well to a pump, you can get as much water as you want over time in a single spot (can always dig up more wells, can always get more iron as a new Eve, which you are even when Eve chaining). 

Do you know about mods?

Danish Clinch.

#6 2020-12-27 02:40:16

ElKoalito

Spoonwood wrote:
Elkoalito wrote:

The doors can get blocked fairly easily.  A stronger design is a townurrounded diagonally like this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … _door1.PNG with something , courtesy of Eve Troll, where the yew branches are also something to block an exit.  A door can work.  So can trees.  The idea lies in making too many possible exits for the area to get blocked off, with none of them being possible entrances if say a door is shut.  The first place I saw such was in a town by Eve Frazier, though the concept might have multiple origins.

2HOL has a seed spawn system where you can respawn to a spot according to a code you give it no matter when you die.  You can also turn fertility off or on by voice command.  There does exist hunger, but no hungry work.  It doesn't have pip overflow, but that doesn't bother some people.  You can't make a sports car or truck or paver in 2HOL, but there exists more varieties of clothing, more food types, more types of walls and floors, and copper pipes to move water around.  Iron also appears naturally on the ground, and springs don't dry out other springs (though wells don't have as much water in them, and pumps bust usually faster, I think 2HOL has more water locally).  Also, tarry spots don't deplete, so as soon as you have an oil rig up, water won't run out even on a diesel water pump.  In OHOL, wells can reset in low pop, so if you don't upgrade a deep well to a pump, you can get as much water as you want over time in a single spot (can always dig up more wells, can always get more iron as a new Eve, which you are even when Eve chaining). 

Do you know about mods?

Ohh I didn't tought of what could happen if someone decided to, say, build some walls in front of my only exit lol
I like this layout with walls placed diagonally but as it does prevent someone blocking inside me my town wouldn't also be fairly easy to breach in ?

I originally tought of using walls because after a certain time they turn into ancient wall and if the wiki is correct no one can destroy them. With this design say I put a mapple three as an exit -> axe and shovel
A table -> bow saw
A box -> shaft and fly the box

Also in your screen wouldn't a player outside of the walls be able to pull out the Yew branches ?

Idk about 2HOL at first I was interested in giving it a try for it's feats making it much easier to play solo play but after some researches I saw that some crafts are different than in the original game. Can you confirm that ? And I don't use mods I considered using hetuw but I've read that it also changes a lot of the IG controls and I don't want to spend more time re-learning what I already know.

#7 2020-12-27 02:54:10

Spoonwood

Elkoalito wrote:

I like this layout with walls placed diagonally but as it does prevent someone blocking inside me my town wouldn't also be fairly easy to breach in ?

Nope.  You can't interact with a table or tree diagonally from the outside. 

Yes, ancient stone walls can't get destroyed.

You can place a door at one spot as an exit for when you leave town, and then close it when you're back in, instead of destroying a table or tree each time you leave.

Elkoalito wrote:

Also in your screen wouldn't a player outside of the walls be able to pull out the Yew branches ?

I don't know on this one.

A skewer plus a piece of straw I don't think makes a basket in 2HOL.  Though, two straws make a basket in 2HOL.  Wild berry bushes regrow a berry if not full of berries every 10 minutes.  There exist other differences in some recipes also or how things get used as charcoal pumps don't require a rubber tire or tank to use every time, though I think there's far more overlap than difference overall.  Horses on carts don't run away from where they got placed (horses on carts though do run away).

Hetuw allows one to use the default controls.  One can use keyboard controls, but the same basic controls can get used only.  Also, Awbz mod only has the basic controls.

Here are the links:

https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife/releases

https://github.com/hetuw/OneLife/releases

Danish Clinch.

#8 2020-12-27 05:45:24

ElKoalito

Spoonwood wrote:
Elkoalito wrote:

Nope.  You can't interact with a table or tree diagonally from the outside. 

Yes, ancient stone walls can't get destroyed.

You can place a door at one spot as an exit for when you leave town, and then close it when you're back in, instead of destroying a table or tree each time you leave.

Elkoalito wrote:

I don't know on this one.

Hmmm I will think about all of this I might go for the diagonal walls altough it looks like it would take a lot of space.. Unless I only use this template for the entry giving me like 16 possible exits with an actual door and building up the rest with straights lines of stone walls.
The question is would a griefer take the time to block 17 exits just to annoy ONE guy ?

I will stay on the official game for now I still have lots of stuff to do and discover but a quick glance on https://twotech.twohoursonelife.com/ made me really wanna try out someday there's really many new content compared to the original (just a fireplace omg why we don't have this)

Last edited by ElKoalito (2020-12-27 05:48:29)

#9 2020-12-27 06:14:29

Eve Troll

You gain more space than the walls take up if you use tables.

Board footer