One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-24 19:50:51

ollj

dumb game for dumb people

cursing someone who cursed you should take a much longer cool-down.
bears should only take 2 arrows.
arrows should only take 1 rope-weed.

currently:

cursing is broken, bears are too deadly (against the dumber half of 80 players), and people are too dumb to fight back bears, to a point, where a winning strategy (short term) is to RANDOMOLY curse anyone, who exhibits skill, and kill off cities with bears as fast as possible.
So, you preemptively curse people with a phex name, to dumb down the population, and then bring in bears, and then harvest the goods.
grieving hoarders primarily attack ginger towns, most likely to have kerosene.

this seems to have happened for the last 4 days, where cities moved 10000 tiles away from the origin in 3 daya, and i constantly witness my mother and siblings to die from bears, while i am age 7, and se no one picks up any of the 3 bows nearby for 4 minutes, till i manage to kill 3 of 6 bears alone in 2 minutes.
by then, half of my town suicided.

I keep planning a road, but guess what, i get randomly cursed, and am forced to (randomly) curse back.
I keep getting born by moms, running away from bears.
I keep getting cursed, stalked and killed, just for building roads.

This was just as boring 2 years ago, but then it mattered less, because more people played.

#2 2020-12-24 20:16:53

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Re: dumb game for dumb people

Being bear griefed is annoying huh? I seem to remember someone releasing hundreds and hundred of bears about a year ago

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#3 2020-12-24 20:49:55

Spoonwood

Game would be better if bears just didn't exist.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-12-24 21:02:13

fug

I cannot fathom why someone who leads bears to town would then come and complain others do it to him.

You get cursed for griefing towns via stealing all the flat rocks to make the world's ugliest roads. You get cursed for leading bears into towns, and cursed for being an overall rude dude.

If there are any real issues with cursing it would be you not constantly being in DT for all the shenanigans.

This is a you problem which isn't at any fault of the game.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-12-24 23:04:05

Spoonwood

fug wrote:

I cannot fathom why someone who leads bears to town would then come and complain others do it to him.

You get cursed for griefing towns via stealing all the flat rocks to make the world's ugliest roads. You get cursed for leading bears into towns, and cursed for being an overall rude dude.

If there are any real issues with cursing it would be you not constantly being in DT for all the shenanigans.

This is a you problem which isn't at any fault of the game.

Not quite.  There exists fewer reasonable spots due to bears.  Bears also result in fewer one hour one life experiences for players overall.  Bears existing simply isn't useful to survival at all.  Bears show like some other things that there is no vision for this game.

Danish Clinch.

#6 2020-12-25 01:48:59

WumboJumbo

ollj wrote:

cursing someone who cursed you should take a much longer cool-down.
bears should only take 2 arrows.
arrows should only take 1 rope-weed.

currently:

cursing is broken, bears are too deadly (against the dumber half of 80 players), and people are too dumb to fight back bears, to a point, where a winning strategy (short term) is to RANDOMOLY curse anyone, who exhibits skill, and kill off cities with bears as fast as possible.
So, you preemptively curse people with a phex name, to dumb down the population, and then bring in bears, and then harvest the goods.
grieving hoarders primarily attack ginger towns, most likely to have kerosene.

this seems to have happened for the last 4 days, where cities moved 10000 tiles away from the origin in 3 daya, and i constantly witness my mother and siblings to die from bears, while i am age 7, and se no one picks up any of the 3 bows nearby for 4 minutes, till i manage to kill 3 of 6 bears alone in 2 minutes.
by then, half of my town suicided.

I keep planning a road, but guess what, i get randomly cursed, and am forced to (randomly) curse back.
I keep getting born by moms, running away from bears.
I keep getting cursed, stalked and killed, just for building roads.

This was just as boring 2 years ago, but then it mattered less, because more people played.

The game would be better if murder/weapons didn't exist. How about removing the ability to die too? We should be able to live forever and maximize playtime! There should be no challenges! This game needs to feel fun again! /s

#7 2020-12-25 03:34:49

Spoonwood

WumboJumbo wrote:

The game would be better if murder/weapons didn't exist. How about removing the ability to die too? We should be able to live forever and maximize playtime! There should be no challenges! This game needs to feel fun again! /s

Bears aren't a challenge that the game provides, since bears don't roam free.  This game also isn't about making it so that pixels are inactive with respect to players.  You didn't state a counterargument here and I don't believe you have a counterargument here also.  You almost surely speak sarcastically, because it upsets you to imagine that it would be more likely for players to survive longer, and you don't want them to survive longer.  The game is a multiplayer survival game.  That implies that the spirit of the game involves playing for players to survive for as long as they can.  The game is hollow at its core without such a spirit.

Bears only pose a problem, because someone did NOT want other players to survive or their own self to survive.  In other words, bears signal people not playing for survival reasons.  They also don't reflect anything family like perhaps killing oneself because one's parent died would reflect.  If the game had a solid core, it would not encourage players to kill their self via a bear or to kill other players via bears.  Or it would have a way that works such that bears could enhance players survival prospects *by them getting released from their dens* in general, like bearskin based clothing to decrease pip drain rate of players, or edible bear meat.

Danish Clinch.

#8 2020-12-25 04:17:32

PeaGirl

Nothing new under the sun, brother. People who play this may be lot younger at this game than you might expect.
We learn over time, adapt and understand the aspect of game at out own pace. 
Besides, if you can't even handle getting a couple threads, you're not worth the arrows. Preparing is one thing, but people taking away arrows out in the open ground just to make it harder for villagers to fight back is perhaps one of the main reasons why some villages fell even with promising setting.
Some of us have forgotten to be vigilant, but I wouldn't be really surprised if a griefer is packed with a horsecart to sustain their livelihood while destroying village with boar and bear spawns.
If horsecarts would become vinsible again for bear and boar attacks, it would perhaps help deal with griefers that make the game hard already. It would of course destroy only safe haven that players have, but for treating poison you need a poison for curse, sometimes it's not the best option but it would be only viable solution. It would make trading harder as well, but that is where hunters become really important when keeping trade roads safe from harm.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#9 2020-12-25 12:21:02

Starknight_One

Spoonwood wrote:
WumboJumbo wrote:

Bears aren't a challenge that the game provides, since bears don't roam free.  This game also isn't about making it so that pixels are inactive with respect to players.  You didn't state a counterargument here and I don't believe you have a counterargument here also.  You almost surely speak sarcastically, because it upsets you to imagine that it would be more likely for players to survive longer, and you don't want them to survive longer.  The game is a multiplayer survival game.  That implies that the spirit of the game involves playing for players to survive for as long as they can.  The game is hollow at its core without such a spirit.

Bears only pose a problem, because someone did NOT want other players to survive or their own self to survive.  In other words, bears signal people not playing for survival reasons.  They also don't reflect anything family like perhaps killing oneself because one's parent died would reflect.  If the game had a solid core, it would not encourage players to kill their self via a bear or to kill other players via bears.  Or it would have a way that works such that bears could enhance players survival prospects *by them getting released from their dens* in general, like bearskin based clothing to decrease pip drain rate of players, or edible bear meat.

Spoon, he quite literally tagged it as sarcasm. That's what the '/s' at the end is, a 'closing tag' for the sarcastic words that precede them. Like so:

<sarcasm>If only there were a way in text to indicate when someone was speaking non-literally!</s>

He just left off the opening tag, assuming it would be understood by implication.

While I normally don't have an issue with your extremely precise attention to language, in this case you're simply in the wrong to try and call out Wumbo Jumbo. There's no need for a detailed takedown of sarcasm - just enjoy it when it occurs.

#10 2020-12-25 16:50:01

QuirkySmirkyIan

here we go with the college essay debates again

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#11 2020-12-25 17:06:06

Spoonwood

QuirkySmirkyIan wrote:

I do have a college degree.  Another philosophy major had one semester where he didn't have any finals where he needed to take an exam, he just had 5 term papers to write.  Two or three paragraphs is likely not sufficient for a college essay, unless we're talking about homework that is expected before class.

Danish Clinch.

#12 2020-12-25 17:27:24

WumboJumbo

QuirkySmirkyIan wrote:

Oh, my favorite! What is the theme this time? roll

Spoonwood wrote:

I do have a college degree.  Another philosophy major had one semester where he didn't have any finals where he needed to take an exam, he just had 5 term papers to write.  Two or three paragraphs is likely not sufficient for a college essay, unless we're talking about homework that is expected before class.

Did they not teach you about sarcasm?

#13 2021-01-04 12:17:24

MistressZues

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Being bear griefed is annoying huh? I seem to remember someone releasing hundreds and hundred of bears about a year ago

The bear rift was a nightmare that still haunts my soul.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer