One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-10 22:59:24

Eve Troll

Gas powered stoves and forges

Its no question oil is the life blood of late game. The introduction of trucks was a huge step forward in tech progression. Getting a step up from horses has proved to make a difference and advance the game as a whole. Its time we saw the same love be given to our ovens and forges.

Something like a dual oven and stove that runs for an hour. Things could be baked in the oven and the stove can be used for things that typically required hot coals.

Forges are pretty self explanatory. All the same functionality with an extended life. Coal would still be essential for steel but it would remove the cost of cycling kilns for uses. A gas powered hammer, roller, bore, and lathe would also be a huge step up.

Obviously these should not be easy to make but once they are built they would propel the town into further stability. It would give a tech hurdle that would make mid to late game towns far more interesting.

Last edited by Eve Troll (2020-12-10 23:00:18)

#2 2020-12-11 16:08:30

gamatron332

Re: Gas powered stoves and forges

Eve Troll wrote:

A gas powered hammer, roller, bore, and lathe would also be a huge step up.

Ah you too have seen the need... if I may direct you to one of my pipe dreams the workbench?

I’m Gama I flaunt my ideas, and I’m fabulous
But I’ve allready said too much.

#3 2020-12-11 16:30:20

DestinyCall

I would also recommend an intermediate step, that does not rely on kero.    I talked about ideas for upgraded oven/kiln/forge way back in 2019.  Along with ideas for more early tool options to flesh out early to mid-game tech progression.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8079

#4 2020-12-11 16:53:07

DestinyCall

And here is another thread that talks about iron industrialization.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9374

If only it was possible ...

#5 2020-12-11 20:49:10

Coconut Fruit

This game needs something that will keep players entertained. No offense, but I don't think that more items will make playerbase grow up.

I mean, new items could be cool, but it's not what this game needs.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#6 2020-12-11 21:05:37

Eve Troll

Coconut Fruit wrote:

This game needs something that will keep players entertained. No offense, but I don't think that more items will make playerbase grow up.

I mean, new items could be cool, but it's not what this game needs.

What does the game need? As i see it, the addition of sprinklers, plows, pavers, the engine oil pump, trucks, and race cars has added a lot of entertainment to the game. Things to strive for and enable for more tech growth and stability. That enables people to have more room to teach, role play, or experiment with projects that would have been considered wasteful in the past. Adding a higher tier for other elements will only further that stability, making the game more accessible to new players and veterans alike.

#7 2020-12-13 01:14:44

schmloo

Gas-powered stoves would give a reason to allow better crude oil distilling tech, amongst the other benefits.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#8 2020-12-13 18:16:09

gamatron332

I dream of a world where we make computers the size of a room. Then use that computer to make a smaller computer. Then use that one to make a cell phone. Then give cellphones to all the tribes giving effortless translation and comunication. Or we could be reborn 20 times.

I’m Gama I flaunt my ideas, and I’m fabulous
But I’ve allready said too much.

Board footer