One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-06 02:11:48

Morti

What do you love most, about being alive?

Do not rush to post a comment.

I want you to think about this for a good amount of time, unless it is something you have spent a large amount of your life thinking about, and now, you see this as an opportunity, and invitation, to share your most important, most heartfelt observation.

Why am I asking you all this, here?
I want you to consider what it is that you enjoy most about having lived on this planet, during life's evolution, in THIS very time period that we are sharing, right now. I want you to think, about as much as you possibly can; that you love, that you admire, that you strive for and that you do, as a member of our species and as a sample of life on planet Earth.

Your answer, is the most valuable thing you have experienced or reflected upon. It could be how far we have come, over the last 1, 100, or 1000 million years. It could be your grandmother's smile. It could be humanity's exploration of sound and the music we have made across time. Maybe it is the feeling you get, when you look upon the face of the most beautiful person, you have ever gotten to know. It could be all the beautiful people, and how good it feels, to know they are all around the surface of the Earth with you, right this moment.

Maybe, it is a spiritual belief that you hold. Maybe it is a religious belief that you could not imagine existing without. Perhaps, it is a political or philosophical ideology, that you are proud that human beings have pondered or put into action. Whatever it is, I want it to be the thing you are most positive about, that life has managed to add, to every-single-thing that is a part of being, what we are, past-to-present, at this moment.
Something that you love.
Something that makes you feel good.
Something you could not imagine, existing, without.

--

This is not necessarily a game related question, though it could be used to add something, to the world we share with each other, via One Hour One Life, and the time together it affords us.

It's not just for that.
It's for you - to share with the rest of us, an insight into what it is that you love most, about what you have experienced, in your lifetime. It is the most personal, yet simultaneously, the most public, question and answer possible. No answer is wrong. You can say, anything. No one but you, has the correct answer to this question.

It can be an effect of a chemical you have ingested.
It can be a day you woke up, with a ray of sunlight on your face.
It can be, the best orgasm you've ever had.
It could be the smell of your first son's scalp, after you carried him inside your home, for the first time.

It can be anything.
It can be everything.
It can be, time itself.
It can be waking up.
It can be the feeling of a clean, hotel pillow, on your face, at your final destination, after 100 hours of changeover flights.
Or the smell of one of those little bottles of shampoo in the bathroom basket.

It can be, ANYTHING.

Something you felt, something you saw, something you smelled, something you tasted. It can be something you thought, dreamed or hallucinated. You could make it up, right now, or it could have been beside your bed, on the nightstand, when you were eight years old.

Anything, anything, anything.
THE THING, YOU LOVED, the most in your past.
The thing you love the most right now.

What, do you love most, about being alive?

Take any time you need, to give your most satisfying reply.

--

May you have more of such things in your future,
for as long as your window is open.

#2 2020-12-06 02:51:01

Eve Troll

Re: What do you love most, about being alive?

Drugs

#3 2020-12-06 03:26:33

Morti

Eve Troll wrote:

Drugs

A poignant yet homunculous reply.

And you, reader?
What do you love most about being alive?

#4 2020-12-06 03:35:08

Spoonwood

Breathing.  Without it I would be dead.  And controlled breathing can help with relaxation.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2020-12-06 03:37:56

Cogito

Knowledge.

#6 2020-12-06 03:50:53

antking:]#

Art and Religion, and in a weird way the limitation of life

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#7 2020-12-06 04:22:56

Morti

Spoonwood wrote:

Breathing.

Ah, a breath of fresh air.

My apologies for the delayed response, I was going to leave a link behind the word breath in that last sentence, but I did this exercise (same link) just now, and I feel like a different being.

Growing up on Lake Huron for nearly my entire life, I swam a lot. I especially loved to swim underwater; eyes open, chest loaded with oxygen, fighting the viscosity of fluid while struggling with my buoyant tendency, I would slowly let out CO2 as it accumulated in my lungs, while the soft mud, tickling sand and smooth silt brushed against my chest. I learned to breathe in new ways, thanks to a story I'd read in school, called The Black Pearl and I was always eager to find new ways to keep my body underwater for longer and longer, so that I, could perhaps, find a mermaid girlfriend, someday.

Alas, I had to conclude, no mermaids had made it up Niagara Falls into the four upper Great Lakes.

#8 2020-12-06 04:40:48

karltown_veteran

I was feeling for the longest time like no one in my friend group liked me because that’s just a difficulty of mine, getting caught up in my own head and obsessing about saying the wrong thing or whether people like me. Today (just an hour ago actually) I talked for hours about it and was really vulnerable with one of my friends and she talked about her problems as well and reassured me and I felt so understood and it was such a relief you have no idea. Like I could never imagine connecting to my friends like that. It has taken me so long to be able to be that comfortable around someone, not because I had suffered or anything but because I was just really really really shy. I feel really great right now, that’s a nice part of life.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#9 2020-12-06 07:25:10

PeaGirl

When you achieve something in life.
I remember walking to the middle of ballroom to receive my final grades in front of audience, while hearing by surprise of having a fund from university of hefty sum (in teen perspective.). Parents didn't know how to sit after it, because in our families any support or regards for grades was not common. Months after I began to question this fund. I was not supposed to be in high school after all. I was supposed to sit in special school with no hopes of learning more, having low grade books and being belittled with this bittersweet word of "special", leaving out the "needs" to hide the wound.
I had great teachers, don't get me wrong. Some of them though didn't have interest in listening to my word, assuming I can't yet talk and understand what I said after all. Parents conflict with my future was making conversation with the staff even harder. I remember eating dinner with mom and stepfather's family and saying "I want to normal school!", and table going silent. I was about to be sent to normal school three times but was rejected in various situations, which lead my childhood to be rather monotone and depressing.

Years passed, I was routing myself in half empty hallways of normal school. I was still excited of the old teacher's rebellious attitude of letting me go to psychiatrist test after days of conversation with the headmaster in special school. Wandered in rather unfamiliar and scary corridors and tried to figure the system that was already known for many local students. I felt like a baby that has just learned to walk once again, but with cruel consciousness that baby's lack in that milestone. I made humane mistakes and was in wrong class couple of times, forgetting homework and getting friends with bullies unknowingly.

Years have gone by past the high school near the present, I'm awake outside in the cold autumn in Germany. I haven't taken a shower for a whole week and was about to run out of money. I had been left alone by two different people consecutively. I met strange Middle-Eastern folk with marihuana odour and friendly locals who gave me some fast food although I said I have eaten. I was carrying my heavy duffel bag and laptop case which I had brought as my most valuable asset and backup in case things went south, and it had... but I was yet unable to admit it. I was afraid to face the wrath of my family, albeit through social media. I knew I did this before and they caught me red handed in past before, yet I went for it again because of my foolhardy attitude.

The present, the end of my reckless life and a new start for something new. Having a warm home in city I was born, dating a humble, smart and blunt young man from neighbouring country, replanning my studies to suit with taking care of future children, and practicing violin, drawing with wacom and occasionally getting little tipsy in VRchat. 

Life changed me in a way, but it also taught me something.
Not only our trophies shape us, but our scars too.
Sometimes you need to be proud of both of them that you got through it despite all odds.

Also, off topic XD

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#10 2020-12-06 09:05:16

NoTruePunk

tl;dr

#11 2020-12-06 10:23:11

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Ice cold milke

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#12 2020-12-06 15:56:33

Gomez

Laughter...faces and dictionaries

laugh-ter - Laughter is a physical reaction in humans consisting usually of rhythmical, often audible contractions of the diaphragm and other parts of the respiratory system resulting most commonly in forms of "hee-hee" or "ha-ha". It is a response to certain external or internal stimuli

tee-hee smile we even put faces in text to add meaning across our digital divides.

commas and most punctuation i can live without ;P

Last edited by Gomez (2020-12-06 16:00:19)

#13 2020-12-07 03:58:38

Morti

Gomez wrote:

Laughter...faces and dictionaries

laugh-ter - Laughter is a physical reaction in humans consisting usually of rhythmical, often audible contractions of the diaphragm and other parts of the respiratory system resulting most commonly in forms of "hee-hee" or "ha-ha". It is a response to certain external or internal stimuli

tee-hee smile we even put faces in text to add meaning across our digital divides.

commas and most punctuation i can live without ;P

I want you to hear me laugh https://www.twitch.tv/videos/827853801

I will try to reply to every other post in this thread, with something, but for now, enjoy that highlight of my last stream and, if you are the woman in the tutorial... MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES!

I can almost certainly say I have only done anything like that one, maybe two, times in my entire life, and never in the tutorial area.

You can watch more of the stream before or after that moment as long as it's available on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/826058714 and judge for yourself, if you are wondering whether I am a bad person or not, when playing.

It was a rare moment, spurred on by a few different physical pains, and, a desire to just give in.
I'm not proud or ashamed of it, it was a humorous thought.

I wish I could fully explain the last 3 years of my life to the person in this video to make them understand, and I do hope the are not scarred for life.

Consider this a confession if you like, but I always try to be transparent about who I am, what I think and how I feel.

--

May you enjoy the laughter, despite the wrong doing.

#14 2020-12-07 10:59:47

HeyABlueJay

That was a nice laugh. Yeah, griefing is bad and I don't approve, but...it was just the tutorial, and not a whole city with a long family line. I guess we all have inner demons. You seemed to be having fun, which is good.

I guess my answer would be my dreams and ambitions. The fact that someday I could be a super successful game developer-selling millions of copies and earning rewards, seeing my worlds and characters come to life...and the fact that someday I could start a family...

Not much I can do about the family part right now, but right now I'm doing what I can about the game dev part. I've managed to learn music and get a small team this past year. I've managed to make hundreds of songs, hundred of assets/sprites, thousands of lines of dialogue, and I'm hoping to start learning C# soon, starting later this month. All while I'm in college. Dammit, I'm proud of myself and how far I've come. I think I've managed to accomplish a decent amount in this past year-especially for my age.

And I can only dream of what the final product is gonna be. And if it's super successful...that would make me real happy. Just dreaming about the future makes me happy.

It's also kinda killing me, too-physically and mentally. My health has definitely gone down the drain over the years, I feel like a zombie at this point. So, hopefully that everything I've done, everything I'm doing, and everything that I will do...hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Last edited by HeyABlueJay (2020-12-07 11:06:26)

#15 2020-12-07 18:20:40

Caprys

Watching my daughter grow up. Getting to know her better. It is scary sometimes. She grows up so fast. She is almost a teenager. That freaks me out. I'll have to give her more freedom, more resposibility.
I'm just so glad that she still sees boy's as being icky. Thank god for that.

As a kid I really loved to take care of animals. Kittens I found, injured animals, spending time with my pets. I still like it, but it's not the same now I'm older and have less energy for it. I also loved reading books.

Board footer