One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-12-02 20:48:04

ahead

Re: Coming soon: get reborn to your descendants after living to old age

I dislike the idea of this change, it takes away from the game's foundation "One hour one life" it's one life, which ends after an hour
I wan't interested in this game because i thought:
"Wow, i sure do like playing in the same situation again and again, doing something that games like don't starve and/or minecraft do better, but much clunkier"
What pulled me in was the idea of each situation i'm born into being different, while you could once implemented ignore this feature, the way this is being put, i'll have to actively alter my playstyle, dying before 60 OR having to /die as a baby and lose gene score, i don't like being punished mechanically, or by boredom.

Sorry, nothing

#52 2020-12-02 21:11:38

Spoonwood

Starmatrix wrote:

Just my quick two cents here. Playing for a few days I've really enjoyed learning and exploring. I would definitely like to keep working on projects that I have started learning but haven't had a chance to see to the finish yet.

Perhaps if people make it to 60 they could have the choice at their next life of whether they want to be reborn in their old town (if the family still exists) or in a new location? By making it to 60 you get that "privilege" to make the choice? And to avoid having too many people in one location, cap family size?

I agree with this.  I've heard that there exist some complications with making such a button before the upcoming update.  One would want that SHORTLY after the upcoming update, we get a choice button to enable or disable this system after each life.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#53 2020-12-02 21:13:44

Mr.XIX

I'd suggest there should be a way to opt-out of this feature in your settings.

I mean, some people like it, others don't. Let's give them their own preferences.

EDIT: Looks like we all think the same way

Last edited by Mr.XIX (2020-12-02 21:14:42)

#54 2020-12-02 22:53:13

fug

Mr.XIX wrote:

I'd suggest there should be a way to opt-out of this feature in your settings.

I mean, some people like it, others don't. Let's give them their own preferences.

EDIT: Looks like we all think the same way

This really should have been the choice when originally adding life tokens instead of choice. It seems weird to have to /die to opt out but it also seems weird to need to /die 8+ times to return somewhere.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#55 2020-12-03 21:08:19

Kinrany

Reminds me of the old suggestion to isolate all families and to only let one spawn once in each family, plus once for each child.

That way having children would be the only way to come back and continue your project later.

Last edited by Kinrany (2020-12-03 21:08:34)

#56 2020-12-03 21:46:58

wondible

A little thought:

One of the old ideas was that of people sacrificing everything to help their kids survive. But if you sacrifice yourself, you won't live long enough to enjoy the benefits of your child surviving.

This has already taking a small hit - the new player bonus, while a great advance in keeping new players alive and stabilizing the game as a whole, has removed one touching moment - we used to give our clothes to our new kids because they *needed* it "OMG mom just gave me the clothes off her back!". Now a vetern player needs the insulation more than a new child.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

Board footer