One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-04 07:55:46

NoTruePunk

Actual spontaneous translation earlier

So I was working on my road and when I made a return trip for another shovel I just happened to see a ginger and a dessert guy "chatting" through paper. I offered my only family trait to translate for them so they wouldn't have to use the paper.

They didn't really say anything significant, just stuff like "I'll get you cactus fruit" and "why are you here?", etc. They talked about the ginger fam's low population and the guy offered to stick around and help out.

Literally the first time translating for people. Has anyone else actually made use of this feature? It seems so improbable just happening across these two from different families than my own and they just happened to be trying to communicate and I just happened to have the patience and WPM to translate for them and we were all old enough to fit more than 3 words into our chat.

#2 2020-11-04 08:16:08

DestinyCall

Re: Actual spontaneous translation earlier

I went through a phase a while back where I was building roads a lot.  I find it strangely soothing. 

Anyways, as a road-builder, I tend to ditch my birth family and follow the call of the road.  Being white is handy, because I can more easily return to old villages to work on nearby road sections and borrow tools.    Being black is also nice, because horses.   Other colors are useful for filling in the special biomes. 

At one point, I was a random white dude in a black town.  A ginger lady was in town when I arrived so I asked her if she needed any help communicating.  I ended up helping her coordinate some trade with the village, which was nice.  It was a little hard to juggle the two conversations, since both sides were asking questions and talking at the same time.  But it was kind of amusing to actually use my "ability".

I'd say that I actually use my translator ability to help other people communicate one out of every hundred white lives.  It is quite rare.   Mostly I just use it to make life easier for me, when traveling outside my  village.

#3 2020-11-13 10:54:19

Morti

Re: Actual spontaneous translation earlier

DestinyCall wrote:

I went through a phase a while back where I was building roads a lot.  I find it strangely soothing.

I know you've been doing it awhile now, but let me just say "Welcome to the club." smile

These guys knew what was up.
yhwAxKA.png

Board footer