One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-25 14:55:35

Joeeee

When is it acceptable to curse a /die baby?

Sometimes I see people cursing their /die babies, while other people are against it.
Is it ever acceptable to curse a /die baby? If so, when?
I don't usually curse my /die babies, usually when I do they're the kind that get born and instantly die and this goes on for 2-3 minutes. Is that acceptable?

#2 2020-10-25 15:07:47

Uncreative Guy

Re: When is it acceptable to curse a /die baby?

Don’t curse any random baby for /dying.  It’s likely that they just want to reach another family.  You could be cursing a good person and forcing them away from you for 90 days.

If a bb has been born to you and is /dying for over a minute, then it’s up to you whether to curse or not.  Others will understand because the bb was probably repeatedly born to them, too.  You may also be helping the bb because you are kicking them out of your town, and they can go to the one they want, or there is a reason that they can’t go to another town, and you sent them to DT.

I’m not creative enough to make a creative signature which explains my noncreative nickname of Uncreative Guy.

#3 2020-10-25 15:50:49

antking:]#

It is your choice I understand if you curse them and I understand if you don't, the only time I thing you should curse a baby if they are spamming /Die and you get  them 5 times (exaggeration but you get my point)

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#4 2020-10-25 15:53:59

DestinyCall

Curse who you want.   It is a free country.

Personally, I never curse die babies.   They are annoying, but they are not destructive.   They just don't want to live in their current situation  and the game gives them no better option for selecting their family.   When you have a chain-death die baby, that is the spawn algorithm forcing them back to you again and again. 

I save my curses for people who are actively harming the village or intentionally making the game worse by their existence -   Griefers, assholes, racists, that sort of thing.

#5 2020-10-26 07:46:13

arkajalka

Cursing for using game mechanic is idiotic imo. Now dayes i dont care at all about the memerscore and when i have my few runs i usually have few big projects in two family lines. So i just SID on the other two families to keep on whatever my project is at that run.

People curse too easily anyways. But whatever do what you want. Just saying that if you curse a sid baby you just potentially curse a player with big ideas and thousand of hours of gameplay experience XD.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#6 2020-10-26 13:15:05

Eve Troll

Remove sid bones, remove curse my baby.

Tada

#7 2020-10-26 13:32:59

NoTruePunk

While they're still alive.

If it's not a /die baby then they'll stay and be like wtf. If it is a /die baby then they have to deal with that curse.

#8 2020-10-26 19:45:30

fug

It's pretty dumb to curse /die babies in the first place as you don't even know it's the same repeat person dying on you.

Can't really blame people not wanting to be white as being s leech race is pretty lame.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#9 2020-10-26 20:47:49

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I only curse a /die baby when it's obviously the same person over and over and over and over. It's just obnoxious at that point.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#10 2020-10-27 10:07:05

Tea

I curse my baby when I know it's the same person being born to me and constantly /die on me. Easier for both of us.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#11 2020-10-27 12:35:38

arkajalka

Whats the whole crime in using /die as a baby. This is just a ridiculous reason to curse anyone. So a baby dies repeatedly, so what? The baby doesnt obviously want to stay. Forcing people to play where they dont want to is more shitty than /die.

I didnt even know you can "curse my baby". So now when im being born to a place where i dont want to stay i just eat up the nutrients that my mother has to feed to me for me to grow up and then summon and run into a bear.  Instead of just /die.

Get your bear kill sets up.

Imo this mechanic should be removed, especially taking in note how freaking strong curses are nowdayes.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#12 2020-10-27 14:00:04

Spoonwood

arkajalka wrote:

Whats the whole crime in using /die as a baby.

It's not a crime, of course.  But, the baby bones are annoying.  I don't usually pick my children immediately after they spawn, but I still end up with bones in my arms.  Also, looking at baby bones is gruesome.  I'm often not in the mood to try to enjoy gruesome/goth/dark thoughts, though I've had some moments in life where they *sometimes* can work.  Also, I had an Eve run a while back, where I didn't keep children for a bit.  I ended up with a sizeable graveyard at one point, from /die bones.  One may chuckle a bit at that.  But, even with shovels not breaking these days, more graves means less space, or more to clean up.

Also, the sound made when /die gets used is grating.  The bones wiggling when /die bones get carried is unrealistic and immersion breaking to some extent.  People simply can't play the character when things end up too out of bounds/too inconsistent, and baby bones wiggling is one of those things that leads in the direction of things feeling to out of bounds for the characters to feel real.

arkajalka wrote:

So now when im being born to a place where i dont want to stay i just eat up the nutrients that my mother has to feed to me for me to grow up and then summon and run into a bear.  Instead of just /die.

Get your bear kill sets up.

Some of us here aren't arguing against players using /die since it exists.  /die bones have always been dumb, mainly because /die always was and remains an awful way of having players go about selecting/restarting their initial conditions.  The bones make for worse conditions for the mother/other villagers because the child choosing to die, not because of something that the mother or other villagers did. 

I did say in some other thread that I'd rather have a runner baby than a /die baby.  I mean that the runner baby annoys me less.  There's less to clean up or to have in sight before bones decay.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-10-27 14:01:37)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#13 2020-10-28 19:47:53

CastleRat

arkajalka wrote:

Cursing for using game mechanic is idiotic imo. Now dayes i dont care at all about the memerscore and when i have my few runs i usually have few big projects in two family lines. So i just SID on the other two families to keep on whatever my project is at that run.

People curse too easily anyways. But whatever do what you want. Just saying that if you curse a sid baby you just potentially curse a player with big ideas and thousand of hours of gameplay experience XD.

I agree. I know someone else mentioned this, but Jason should make it so that curses for SID BBs, should only last a few hours, not 90 days. It is too harsh a punishment for some poor player, just trying to spawn in a particular town, and I agree that people curse too easily. Karens.

Board footer