One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-08 21:38:06

Caprys

Why don't we have...

Bacon.

A flat rock on some hot coals, add butter and then pigs meat. Tada, you have bacon. And you can add it to eggs to get bacon and eggs. How can we even call ourselfs a civilization if we don't even have bacon.

#2 2020-10-08 22:35:45

Uncreative Guy

Re: Why don't we have...

The same reason we don’t have beef, garlic bread, sandwiches, cheese, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, dill flavored chips, flour tortillas, salads, ice cream flavors, banana pies, corn bread... Jason pls

I’m not creative enough to make a creative signature which explains my noncreative nickname of Uncreative Guy.

#3 2020-10-08 22:59:21

Caprys

Uncreative Guy wrote:

The same reason we don’t have beef, garlic bread, sandwiches, cheese, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, dill flavored chips, flour tortillas, salads, ice cream flavors, banana pies, corn bread... Jason pls

It's a crime against humanity. Fix this Jason. And I want coffee. Some people play this game in the morning, but we don't have coffee. We are nothing more then barbarians without coffee.

#4 2020-10-08 23:18:35

Spoonwood

I thought about this, and I don't think I want bacon.  More foods that require a domestic boar to make, doesn't sound all that great.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2020-10-09 00:18:07

DestinyCall

Sacrifices are necessary, if it means we get bacon.

Blood for the blood god.  Skulls for the skull throne!

Also, we need skull thrones.   Just saying.

#6 2020-10-09 03:32:54

The_Anabaptist

Why don't we have each ethnicity be able to domesticate only one specific animal type.  Then when you are thirsty for milk, you can jog over the the "nearby" white village for some.  Want some mutton based products?  Then clearly you need to visit the highlands and find some of them ginger shepherds.  Hankering for some carnitas to go with some huevos?  You get the idea.

This could be the greatest "walking sim" ever!  Forget that other guy's game...

The_Anabaptist

#7 2020-10-09 04:55:15

Spoonwood

The_Anabaptist wrote:

Why don't we have each ethnicity be able to domesticate only one specific animal type.  Then when you are thirsty for milk, you can jog over the the "nearby" white village for some.  Want some mutton based products?  Then clearly you need to visit the highlands and find some of them ginger shepherds.  Hankering for some carnitas to go with some huevos?  You get the idea.

This could be the greatest "walking sim" ever!  Forget that other guy's game...

The_Anabaptist

Things are kind of strange when you think about it.  Jason has said that he doesn't want people wandering around.  He did the iron change, as I understand it, because he wanted more control of how iron worked, and so people wouldn't spend time wandering about for iron.  Expert waystones give you the location of other races by who knows what magic?  So, wouldn't it make sense to have rather simply and easily constructed teleportation devices (which don't cost something like oil) to have one person in one location teleport to another location where an expert or "expert" may be?  It's not like planes don't already exist which can teleport.  It's just that cost kero, a bunch of iron, and navigating with them isn't easy if multiple landing pads existed.  But, teleportation is and has been a part of the OHOL world for a long time, so why not just have that easier, so the "walking simulator" stuff goes down the drain.

Danish Clinch.

#8 2020-10-09 12:27:41

Caprys

Spoonwood wrote:

I thought about this, and I don't think I want bacon.  More foods that require a domestic boar to make, doesn't sound all that great.

But it would be a great teaching opportunity. A pen full of boars. You dare your child to go in. Child goes in, child dies. It's the circle of darwin. Tough love. We'll eat bacon afterwarts in memory of the dumb ones lost.

#9 2020-10-09 12:34:31

DestinyCall

Think of it as a coming of age ritual.   You must survival the boar pit to become an adult.

#10 2020-10-09 13:31:01

Spoonwood

Caprys wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

But it would be a great teaching opportunity. A pen full of boars. You dare your child to go in. Child goes in, child dies. It's the circle of darwin. Tough love. We'll eat bacon afterwarts in memory of the dumb ones lost.

Teaching your child that you're a jerk perhaps.

Danish Clinch.

#11 2020-10-09 14:23:27

Caprys

Spoonwood wrote:
Caprys wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Teaching your child that you're a jerk perhaps.

That is hardly a jerk move. If I wanted to be a jerk I would suggest a large stretched out pen filled with boars and a gate on either side so we could forcefully let the bb's race against eachother to the oter side. The winner gets to live. The loser dies or has to race again against the next bb. We could gamble on who wins. Bacon and games, that is all we need for a succesfull society. It would make the next noobapocalypse so much more entertaining.

#12 2020-10-09 14:40:31

Spoonwood

Caprys wrote:

If I wanted to be a jerk I would suggest a large stretched out pen filled with boars and a gate on either side so we could forcefully let the bb's race against eachother to the oter side.

Both are jerk moves.  Don't throw your children in harms way.  Also, daring your child to go into a pit with domestic boars, and them doing so and dying, wouldn't be good for *your* gene score.

Danish Clinch.

#13 2020-10-10 16:15:08

Caprys

Spoonwood wrote:
Caprys wrote:

If I wanted to be a jerk I would suggest a large stretched out pen filled with boars and a gate on either side so we could forcefully let the bb's race against eachother to the oter side.

Both are jerk moves.  Don't throw your children in harms way.  Also, daring your child to go into a pit with domestic boars, and them doing so and dying, wouldn't be good for *your* gene score.

Don't worry, no virtual bb's where harmed in the making of this joke. You're adorable when you take things to serious. That's what I love about you.

Board footer