One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-07 23:55:57

NoTruePunk

Merged leadership of arctic and translator people today

I got my gene score up into the top 50s, maybe higher. I was pretty consistently getting assigned leader when the old leader died, but the villages were so far apart that it was usually while I was well into adulthood. Anyway, some old geezer in the arctic village followed me randomly and gave me the lead while I was 12! So I grabbed a horse as soon as I could and skedadled on over to find some trade. LONG VOYAGE. We had paved roads but it didn't nearly cover the distance between the villages. I'm thinking the eve spawn shape is a little too short because all the villages are basically in a straight line from east to west. I finally find a waymarker and get to the white people village only to find it's really underpopulated. Two adult women and 3 children were all I saw, and I followed their leader after grabbing some sulfur.

That gave me the "baron" title. I'm a little confused though because baron should be above lady/lord, right? Are there no longer lady/lord roles now? If I followed her shouldn't that have made her the baroness and granted her governance over my people? Hopefully the two families will be able to preserve the title and keep passing it on, however the heck that works.

And yeah, the only reason it was even possible is because they are able to communicate. So the game mechanics are basically rigged to put the white family on top of the hierarchy, otherwise I probably would have followed some random peasant and the title wouldn't advance.

#2 2020-10-08 19:18:14

DestinyCall

Re: Merged leadership of arctic and translator people today

Gotta love posse mechanics.

I am thinking that leadership should not be inherited across family lines.      The next leader will be automatically chosen from the best option available among followers in the same family as the leader, skipping over any outsiders that joined the hierarchy. So you can choose to follow a foreign king, but you cannot steal the crown without an election.

Thoughts?

Last edited by DestinyCall (2020-10-08 19:22:41)

#3 2020-10-08 22:20:45

NoTruePunk

cordy wrote:

NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.

Guess what happened?

There were people trying to kill each other in Coronel Town for over 40 minutes.

Griefers trying to kill. Fed up people trying to stop the griefers. The leader was a white man around 2000 tiles away.

Until finally, the family line died.

Not with a murder but with baby girl June saying F trying to drop herself from her just turned 40 year old mother's arms.

But no one noticed the girl in time, with 10 people in the kitchen shouting about the griefers who could not be killed.

I don't understand, shouldn't the coronel town still have had a lord or lady to look over it? Before I died the Smith leader died and I was promoted to Baron, which seems wrong for some reason. How I expected it to work was the coronel family would all follow the Smiths, allowing their leader to issue orders to our people and allowing their leader to kill our leader if needed. I didn't think that it would leave the coronels leaderless. This seems wrong for some reason, is this intended behavior?

#4 2020-10-09 00:20:46

DestinyCall

They were not leaderless.  That might have been better.  They had a leader.   He was just too far away to be useful.

#5 2020-10-09 07:51:27

erinaceus

cordy wrote:

NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.
But no one noticed the girl in time, with 10 people in the kitchen shouting about the griefers who could not be killed.

They always had possibility to elect new leader among them! Yes, they would lost access to vault temporarily (until some of them reach age to destroy fence using paper), but they would not have issues with griefers anymore.
Am I wrong?

#6 2020-10-09 10:39:55

NoTruePunk

erinaceus wrote:
cordy wrote:

NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.

They always had possibility to elect new leader among them! Yes, they would lost access to vault temporarily (until some of them reach age to destroy fence using paper), but they would not have issues with griefers anymore.
Am I wrong?

That doesn't come with a title. Only titles get passed on automatically.

Board footer