One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-02 18:56:43

Caprys

for towns that resemble a pigsty, there is a surprising lack of pigs

Why can't we have clean towns. Or a hoover to suck up all the junk and dump it at the border of the town so you can sort that shit out. If only we had something to store all that stuff in, like a box. Or could stack it all in neat piles. That would be great.

#2 2020-10-02 21:00:33

DestinyCall

Re: for towns that resemble a pigsty, there is a surprising lack of pigs

Have you considered ... tables?

#3 2020-10-02 21:36:52

Caprys

DestinyCall wrote:

Have you considered ... tables?

Brilliant.

#4 2020-10-02 23:12:28

Matbat

Clothes, corpses, and junk. (other than seed bowls and other bowls holding other stuff)

When a town becomes old enough clothing pileup sometimes becomes a problem, people need to adopt minecart storage in order to combat this.
When people feed too many sheep mutton clutter becomes a problem, baskets in minecarts fix this.
When seed bowls are around every corner they could instead be put on tables or in mincarts.
When corpses become a problem try not to hesitate defacing them to haul them to the bone yard.
When infrastructure is taking over the village's space compact it with higher tech or more infrastructure (Things called.. stockpile zones.. or minecarts that works too.)
When farm supplies pile up you better hope you had made a farm stockpile beforehand.

But when all is said, nothing is done because cleaning requires knowledge of what things are and where they should go, that is the greatest hurdle that not all are willing to jump.

#5 2020-10-02 23:34:27

DestinyCall

We need easier signage.

"Dump stuff here ->"

#6 2020-10-03 00:15:42

OneOfMany

Over production can be as much as a problem as under production. That's why when I play, I try to do as little as possible. wink

If something is missing it's easy enough to make it. There's no real need to stock pile things for generations with the open tool slots.

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

Board footer