One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-27 20:32:52

arkady

Objects randomly switching visuals

So,started a new game today after a few weeks. As players interacted with objects they changed - picked a berry, bush turned into a rock. Sliced bread moving around a sheep pen (assuming it  was a sheep?).
Happened on a couple of games, and never ate a mushroom.  Very odd.

I'll try reinstalling a game (playing on linux so it is build from source), but I was wondering if anyone knows why that might happen?

#2 2020-09-27 21:42:55

Grim_Arbiter

Re: Objects randomly switching visuals

Object cache problem if i had to guess, but I'm a script kiddie not a programer.. So really I have no idea.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2020-09-28 16:31:51

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Re: Objects randomly switching visuals

Make sure you let the game download the update on vanilla before installing any mods. You can check this by going into the tutorial first before downloading a mod.

When you uninstall the game it leaves files behind. You have to make sure you delete the entire game folder when you want to uninstall it.

Try deleting your cache files. Search "cache.fcz" and delete anything labeled "cache.fcz" and relaunch the game to recache it.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

Board footer