One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-26 07:51:50

Arcurus

Did some one try out the new ally gates?

Seems like there is a small bug.

I build one (and got cursed for it, lol), but was not the leader. And in the beginning no ally could enter.

Only if i added them manually. Then auto open worked quite well.

Through being exiled the auto open stopped working for me, but i could still manually open it.

What needs still to be tested is if it works with a third person (auto open if allied and auto close if not allied).

What needs also to be tested if a non owner can make the gate to an ally gate.

Also it needs to be tested what happens when the leader dies.

I think by default the leader should get ownership of the ally gate, so that all can access it.

Also i think the open state should go back after one minute in the normal spring open / close state.

Nice to have would also be if you can make normal spring doors ally spring doors.

Design wise i think it would be good to have one fenced entrance where visitors can come close to a place where people are working, so they can give easy access.

Nice to have would also be if you can mark it as an ally gate from beginning, so that at least in theory allies get less annoyed that you are building one and could use it as soon as it becomes an gate.\

Disclaimer:
no one baby got harmed in this process. Sorry who you ever have been!

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-09-26 12:27:19)

#2 2020-09-26 07:59:40

fug

Re: Did some one try out the new ally gates?

You made the original gate therefore you own it which is why you can manually open and close the thing.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2020-09-26 11:03:54

Twisted

Arcurus wrote:

I build one (and got cursed for it, lol), but was not the leader. And in the beginning no ally could enter.

Through being exiled the auto open stopped working for me, but i could still manually open it.

You built the gate so you and all your followers could use the gate. Since you had no followers, only you could use it until you added other people to it manually. (at least that's how I assumed the gate would works/works)

#4 2020-09-26 12:03:18

Arcurus

Twisted wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

You built the gate so you and all your followers could use the gate. Since you had no followers, only you could use it until you added other people to it manually. (at least that's how I assumed the gate would works/works)

looks like the followers of the the owner can use it.  Not very practical if leadership changes. Also dont know yet how it is inherited.

UPDATE:
Actual in the github description it says:

>Support for special gates that only block non-allies passing through

So if it works only for your followers, its a bug, should work for all your allies.

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-09-26 12:24:32)

#5 2020-09-26 13:30:39

Twisted

I'm 99% sure it's supposed to only work for followers and that the description saying 'allies' is just awkward wording. After all, your followers are your allies and I think that's what Jason was going for.

#6 2020-09-26 13:33:41

Gogo
Banned

Can we destroy gates that was made by outsiders in our homelands? If not can someone report it on github?

Board footer