One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-13 16:39:44

Villas

Keys for trucks and cars

I think we need something like keys for trucks and cars, so they won't get jacked when we park them to deliver. Not the ordinary keys though, I was thinking something like temporary keys.

It would work like that:
When you make a truck, it is a keyless truck, so anyone can drive it.
Once you park a truck, you get a truck key, a temporary one, that will last a specific amoun of time (Ex.: 3 minutes), for those 3 minutes only people with that key (you can give it to someone or drop on the floor) can drive the truck, you can reset the timer by touching the truck, if no one drives the truck for 3 min, then it becomes a keyless truck again and anyone can drive it.

I say that because a couple of days ago, I was in an early camp and went to a big town and borrowed some seeds, they gave me 3 bps and some clothes as well, even let me get the rubber cart horse as long as I brought it back and then I went back to my camp. As soon as I dropped the horse to give the backpacks to my family and plant the seeds, my brother grabbed the horse with all stuff inside and bailed, we never saw him again.

Having temporary keys for trucks would solve this problem, so if they wanted to steal the truck, they would have to be more creative like trying to kill me or distracting me for 3 minutes, even getting the keys if I put them on a table. The same should stand for cars, that would make them more private. If you want to park them for more time, then you can make a property fence.
At least it will be more hard to grief, since griefers can always steal them and drive far away from town letting the truck 6k tiles north. Having keys will make it harder to steal.

Board footer