One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-12 15:33:21

QuirkySmirkyIan

Fix genetic fitness please

I should always be leader because I know how to do everything in the game. It's not fair that leader system is based off of meme score and its luck based not skill. If I can't be leader I require all leaders to let me use a truck when I want to because I really want to drive a truck.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2020-09-12 16:06:09

Spoonwood

Re: Fix genetic fitness please

QuirkySmirkyIan wrote:

I should always be leader because I know how to do everything in the game.

You aren't better than some other vets.  That said, I'm sure that those other vets have problems with their "genetic" score also, as everyone I've ever heard talk about it describes it as luck-based.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2020-09-12 17:07:05

DestinyCall

But Spoon, he wants to drive the truck.  I don't think you understand how important this is.

#4 2020-09-12 18:34:19

fug

>troll isn't allowed to play with shiny new toy.

As fucked up as meme score is at least it's doing something.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-09-12 20:10:00

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

But Spoon, he wants to drive the truck.  I don't think you understand how important this is.

He's more than capable of playing on servers other than bs2, having done so in the past.  So, I'm sure that's not what he's talking about here.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2020-09-12 20:24:38

Rookwood

I think he's trolling.

#7 2020-09-13 15:58:59

Villas

Quirk was my daughter once and I can say he would be a good leader.

That said, I don't think gene score is not luck based. I mean, it has luck involved like our lives and our real life genes, but you can consistently grow your score by living till 60, showing your kids you love them and giving extra attention to the newbies. There are some other stuff that may or may not help, like giving a second chance instead of sending your drug dealer son to jail, leading your annoying exiled niece to another town before your townfolks kill them, killing nearby animals so the chances of an accident will be smaller. Cooking food and making some deliveries and force feed will help a lot as well.

So it is not completely luck based, but you gonna need dedicate half of your life or more to take care of your offspring lives and you wont have much time to do things you like (building buildings in my case).

My experience is, your score will increase if you are in a established town (If you are in an Eve town, you should sid, because losing 1 point will be nothing compared to lose 10 points if you live to sixty).

If it is luck based, at least you can make sure you you'll most of the time and eventually you'll have a big loss, but it's profitable long term. The cost is being obligated to be a good parent, taking care of your family, giving a second chance to sinners, babysitting your grandchildren. Well sacrifice yourself so ypur family can live and the newbies can learn and have will to live, what might not be the funniest or most interesting game style.

What I gotta say I like it. Only dislike the fact that I can't play in Eve camps, perhaps an update halving your score loss in generations below 7 or only counting you below gen 7 so you won't loss/gain score because of other people. I know nothing is perfect and even the gene score has fails and will get better with the pass a of time. I am sure Jason will think a creative way of making it more balanced.

#8 2020-09-13 16:40:03

QuirkySmirkyIan

sorry for being a clown

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#9 2020-09-13 17:18:26

Arcurus

Villas wrote:

What I gotta say I like it. Only dislike the fact that I can't play in Eve camps, perhaps an update halving your score loss in generations below 7 or only counting you below gen 7 so you won't loss/gain score because of other people. I know nothing is perfect and even the gene score has fails and will get better with the pass a of time. I am sure Jason will think a creative way of making it more balanced.

yes, eve camps score should be fixed, please suggest that on github!

Board footer