One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-02 07:36:20

NiGB0

Reposting my really old suggestion (originally made on Reddit Page)

I don't play OHOL anymore due to some updates made by Jason, but I'm reposting this suggestion made by me long time ago in Reddit to at least have a hope of returning if it is accepted or at least taken it as a prototype.

Fatherhood and Marriages

Why?
This would encourage rp and trade between different families.

To get married you would need to make two rings, one for you and one for your wife, then both of you put on the ring, this would give fertility to your wife (this can be changed). To make the rings you need to click on stakes with a sharped stone/mallet in a wooden shoe.

After a baby is born the person who names the kid will give him his surname, for example: Jane Chips and Henry Soap had a child, if Jane names the baby, the baby will be called [name] Chips-Soap, then if this child gets married with a girl from Coke family their children will be called [name] Chips-Coke (if he names the child) or [name] Coke-Chips (if she names the child).

Suggestion

(I'm not good at Photoshop) This image explains my suggestion. Please look at all the details.

If your child gets named by your husband/wife, the decendence of your child will have the lastname of your husband/wife, so they won't be part of your family. (You can see how it would look in the image).

Eve Gomez

#2 2020-09-02 13:30:23

Villas

Re: Reposting my really old suggestion (originally made on Reddit Page)

That's how would like to see (as a player):

- If a white man marries a black woman, their kids will be 50/50 black white.

The kids could have their traits swapped, like white boy with an affro, or black boy with a blond affro, swap their mouths, beards, eyes and whatnot.

- A multifamily girl will be fertile at her father and mother's homeland.

- After the divorce, the wife won't be fertile at the husband's homeland anymore, the kids keep both homelands though.

- If a person doesn't marry anyone, she can only have babies at their hometown and will share genes with the predominant race on her radius.

Ex.: I am a 50/50 ginger brown at ginger village, if I don't marry anyone I will share genes with gingers, then my baby will be 75/25 ginger brown. If a 75/25 ginger brown doesn't marry and have children at ginger town, their kids will be 100% ginger.

- A person can only have 2 family genes (for simplicity).

- A person can only do biome-specific activities if they have 50% or more genes from that specific family. If they have only 25% they can walk through those biomes without dropping their stuff (like when you a chasing someone), but they can't interact with anything on the floor nor drop anything there. For whites, they can understand anything with 50% or more white genes, but only understand a half if they have 25%.

If a 75/25 brown ginger marries a 50/50 white black, the first one has 75% chance of sharing ginger traits and 25% chance of sharing brown traits, while the second one has 50/50 chance of sharing any of the traits.

- You can't marry close relatives (this is not Alabama).

- Man/Man and Woman/Woman marriages wouldn't share genes nor homelands (for anti-exploit's sake).

- Rings should be made of gold.

- Gold should be mined on mountains.

- The family name should be mixed, for example Honey + Tarr = Honarr or Taney (I think that would be the hardest thing), the name of the parents should be changed as well, but go back to normal if divorced.

- Of course, the husband the wife have to say "I marry XXX" near each other, holding the golden rings.

- The rings should disappear if they divorce (to avoid spams, exploits and bugs), but could be recovered if they died while married.

As I said, I would like to see this as a player. But I'm not a game designer and I don't know if it is on his vision for the game, I don't know the effect on the long run nor the work needed for this, perhaps it would take 2 months making him stopping doing more essential stuff. I don't know, but I would like to see something similar.

#3 2020-09-03 01:09:30

Spoonwood

Re: Reposting my really old suggestion (originally made on Reddit Page)

Of course marriages and fatherhood would be better.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer