One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-08 21:47:02

Caprys

I miss nursing

I miss the time that nursing whas still usefull. It's still good to have it, but it doesn't seem to matter that much anymore. Stabbings and arrow wounds are rare. Same with animal attacks. In the old times I would dropkick a toddler to get that nursing apron, but now it just doesn't matter.

I wished that nursing became usefull again. Maybe some deseases, a plague (with a cool new plague doctor mask), malnutrition, a STD. Something that needs treatment. And more wounds that needs treatment. We have 8 year old kids running around with knives, for god sake can't they trip and loose an eye. Or an axe injury that makes you loose an arm. A tattoo that gives you an infection, alcoholism, drug addiction, postnatal depression.

I want sickness and despair. I want people to suffer, so I can heal them.

#2 2020-08-08 23:28:27

Cantface

Re: I miss nursing

I think the players have already suffered enough tbh.

Breasticles

#3 2020-08-09 00:50:29

fug

It would be dumb as anything else forced upon us.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#4 2020-08-10 15:17:16

karltown_veteran

Caprys wrote:

for god sake can't they trip and loose an eye.

^^ My reaction when someone kills all the sheep

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2020-08-11 01:56:38

Guy

I don't, I hated cities being murder holes and always having to make pads. Adding plague now would be pretty insensitive. I think some more mundane workplace accidents might be interesting. Perhaps from trying to use a tool without any tool slots could have a 50/50 chance of hurting yourself.

Last edited by Guy (2020-08-11 01:57:49)

#6 2020-08-11 13:15:41

JonySky
Website

For this and for many other reasons, the game is losing players ... There is nothing new, no challenge, no tension ...
If you solve the problem with the water, everything is done!
Extreme weather, pests, natural disasters, etc ... create new challenges and new objectives, but currently OHOL does not have that.
that is why OHOL cannot be considered a survival game

Sin-t-tulo-1.jpg

It seems that many players on these forums have not yet realized that this style of play will end the game itself
When I wrote about the death of animals in the other post, I was referring to just that: creating new challenges!
but it seems that the 50 OHOL players prefer to live and die in a dull cycle without many changes in the mechanics of the game

Last edited by JonySky (2020-08-11 13:19:46)

#7 2020-08-12 14:45:17

Morti

JonySky wrote:

Sin-t-tulo-1.jpg

Can you share a link to this data, in this thread?

#8 2020-08-12 15:09:22

JonySky
Website

Morti wrote:

Can you share a link to this data, in this thread?

https://steamcharts.com/app/595690

#9 2020-08-12 22:05:21

Cantface

It's not that I think the game shouldn't have new things added. Yes mechanics have been changing some for better and some for worse but we're far from the point where adding more diseases would be fair to the playerbase.

The game is heading towards automation, farming and mining are shifting to automatic machinery. In time maybe even clothing will be more than just fashion, maybe we'll get some armour or practical gear for different terrain and hostile lands. Who knows what's going to happen with anything? I'm just waiting to see.

Maybe once the in game 'future' advances some more, diseases will be fairer and balanced then.

Breasticles

#10 2020-08-15 15:01:48

Morti

Thank you, JonySky

#11 2020-08-23 21:25:50

Caprys

Guy wrote:

I don't, I hated cities being murder holes and always having to make pads. Adding plague now would be pretty insensitive. I think some more mundane workplace accidents might be interesting. Perhaps from trying to use a tool without any tool slots could have a 50/50 chance of hurting yourself.

I also don't really miss the murder holes, but on the other hand it did sometimes bring some excitement and memorable stories.

About the plague I was thinking more of a medieval style of plague, may be caused by the corpses that are littering the towns to long. It would make gravedigging an actual job that needs to be done or people will get sick.

#12 2020-08-23 21:40:40

mrbah

keep in mind that these are only the steam stats, and people using external clients won't show up there.
I for instance switched from steam to a custom client, indicating a user decline when the way the users interact just changed.

#13 2020-08-23 21:41:13

Caprys

JonySky wrote:

For this and for many other reasons, the game is losing players ... There is nothing new, no challenge, no tension ...
If you solve the problem with the water, everything is done!
Extreme weather, pests, natural disasters, etc ... create new challenges and new objectives, but currently OHOL does not have that.
that is why OHOL cannot be considered a survival game

It seems that many players on these forums have not yet realized that this style of play will end the game itself
When I wrote about the death of animals in the other post, I was referring to just that: creating new challenges!
but it seems that the 50 OHOL players prefer to live and die in a dull cycle without many changes in the mechanics of the game

It is kinda boring. I feel like the game is more restricted now in playstyles and challenges. It's always the same repetitive cycle of water and food.

#14 2020-08-23 23:53:55

Melonaise

Guy wrote:

That'd be interesting... different tools could have different risk factors.

#15 2020-08-24 06:29:41

fug

Guy wrote:

This idea was actually one of the possibilities when discussing using tools when they have no slots left. I personally felt it was always better to just let the person die instead of wasting resources on the person.

Example: Trying to start a fire with maxed out slots gave you a chance of catching on fire and requiring a bucket of water from someone else to save you. People aren't valuable unless it's the last girl so why waste the water saving the village idiot?

While it adds benefits to having people who are nurses it is just plain better to let the person die and respawn back as it extends their time with a new life + wastes less resources getting reborn.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#16 2020-08-24 13:31:30

JonySky
Website

mrbah wrote:

keep in mind that these are only the steam stats, and people using external clients won't show up there.
I for instance switched from steam to a custom client, indicating a user decline when the way the users interact just changed.

The difference between the Steamcharts statistics and the player load on the OHOL servers is 10 players ...

Sin-t-tulo-1.jpg

50 players on vacation (Europe) and with a pandemic that has forced many people to stay at home, it is not a good number ...

but if you want to believe that OHOL is evolving correctly ... go ahead! go on with your idea!

#17 2020-08-24 17:14:56

Cantface

Again, a lot of us don't 'agree with' or 'like' most of the changes or how the game is progressing, which is most likely why my and many other accounts are gathering dust right now but we know we can't do anything about it. We can't change it.

Only a handful of special chosen favourites have ever gotten anything to change. Someone made a troll suggestion to limit iron or oil or some shit and it got implemented.

What do you want us as players to do when you know most of us are not listened to? It's not our game and not our responsibility, these are the vibes I get from the forums;
You can make suggestions but someone comes along saying "You know this is Jason's game right???He doesn't have to listen to you!" And then we mind our own damn business and watch as OHOL's playerbase gets smaller with every update.

We literally can't do shit, is all I'm saying.

Breasticles

#18 2020-08-24 21:18:56

Caprys

fug wrote:
Guy wrote:

This idea was actually one of the possibilities when discussing using tools when they have no slots left. I personally felt it was always better to just let the person die instead of wasting resources on the person.

Example: Trying to start a fire with maxed out slots gave you a chance of catching on fire and requiring a bucket of water from someone else to save you. People aren't valuable unless it's the last girl so why waste the water saving the village idiot?

While it adds benefits to having people who are nurses it is just plain better to let the person die and respawn back as it extends their time with a new life + wastes less resources getting reborn.

But people are resources too (sorry for sounding like a communist). Their time and knowledge can be very valuable and there is no garenty that they will respawn in your village. Even when it is the village idiot, that person can still be someone that does a minor task and that can be very helpfull and timesaving.  Like bringing kindling to the smith so that the smith can consentrate on smithing.
I wouldn't waste a full bucket, maybe a bowl of water. That wouldn't be a big loss.

Board footer