One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-20 12:26:12

Tizzy

Why is still being alive in game when you quit playing a thing?

I recently found out that when you quit the game because you have to go for some reason, even though you’ve stopped you appear as an afk person. I found this out because someone killed me saying they had me cursed in a previous life for being afk. Why doesn’t it have the same affect as /die or something? I feel really guilty that every time I’ve exited the game midway my character is just stood there being a useless drain on the village and that I’ve done that multiple times none the wiser. I know now in future that I need to dedicate an hour for certain. I’ve been playing for ages and didn’t know this. sad

Last edited by Tizzy (2020-07-20 12:29:22)

#2 2020-07-20 12:43:57

Eve Troll

Re: Why is still being alive in game when you quit playing a thing?

This is a great feature. You can switch mods or update your mod by shutting down and reopening in the middle of the game. Also if your game crashes its easy to recover your existing life.

#3 2020-07-20 15:27:19

DestinyCall

If you need to quit mid-life, just walk away from the village and exit the game as normal.    Your body will die naturally of starvation in a few minutes without intervention.  As long as you are not AFKing in the middle of the village or next to the fire, you are unlikely to be noticed or kept alive by good samaritans.

Personally, I don't mind afk players.   They are not doing anything wrong.   Life happens sometimes and you can't always stay in the game.   But some people get their panties in a twist over gene score and food resources, so they will curse people for being AFK in busy areas.

If you want to be 100% sure that your body will die when you leave, you can step on a wild animal (wolf, boar, snake, bugs, bear) before logging out.   You will definitely be dead shortly.   But simply leaving highly populated areas is typically enough to avoid trouble.   

Hope that helps!

#4 2020-07-20 17:50:42

Tizzy

DestinyCall wrote:

If you want to be 100% sure that your body will die when you leave, you can step on a wild animal (wolf, boar, snake, bugs, bear) before logging out.   You will definitely be dead shortly.   But simply leaving highly populated areas is typically enough to avoid trouble.   

Hope that helps!

Yes that helps a lot especially this bit, I’ll just be mindful of where I am and maybe making myself die in future.  I just wish I’d known sooner, it isn’t really said anywhere and possibly why there are more afks when there’s a surge of new players and otherwise just dumb ones like me. big_smile Thanks.

#5 2020-07-20 18:57:35

happynova

A couple of additional tips here:

Yes, only playing when you've got a full hour to spend really is the best thing to do, so as not to end up being a burden on others or a detriment to their gene score.  And not usually too hard, I would think, since you do have that hard upper time limit and no need to guess how much time a game is going to take.  But if something comes up IRL and you do feel the need to wander out into the wilderness to die, please take your clothes off first and leave them in town!  There is no point in taking valuable resources out of town with you.

Also, if the town is very low on fertile women and you happen to be one, you can still be an asset, even AFK, because you might still get babies.  Take off your clothes so others can use them, and stand next to the fire so you require less food.  If you can, tell someone what you're doing.  And be apologetic about it, maybe, because it kind of does suck to make someone else have to take care of your babies.  But it's probably still better than letting your family die out because you had to go take a phone call or something.

#6 2020-07-20 19:55:08

Gogo
Banned

I would instead tell people I'm sorry, but I must leave and stand in fire, then quit. I never died on purpouse if I wanted to quit.

#7 2020-07-20 20:36:47

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

It's understandable that you didn't know. Walk away from town and quit the game. I personally curse afk players at a fire if they've been there for over 10 mins because I hate the drain of resources on them. Plus IMO if they're afk at a fire they know what they're doing.

The time needed is in the title of the game. If you're quitting early every life maybe its not the game for you? Life happens but you said you do it a lot so..

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#8 2020-07-21 01:23:55

Tizzy

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

It's understandable that you didn't know. Walk away from town and quit the game. I personally curse afk players at a fire if they've been there for over 10 mins because I hate the drain of resources on them. Plus IMO if they're afk at a fire they know what they're doing.

The time needed is in the title of the game. If you're quitting early every life maybe its not the game for you? Life happens but you said you do it a lot so..

I’m not doing it every life, I said I had done it multiple lives. Multiple does not equal every. I’d say I’d done it 4 times this month and I play every few days, I love this game. smile Which is why I was a bit upset I’d been unknowingly afk!

#9 2020-07-21 05:26:12

miskas

Yesterday I gone afk from 12 years old. I was tired and got sleepy so I ate my last craved food and gone by the fire.
I logged in today and I died at 44 ! Mom probably forced feeded me as I died a little after her.
I also had a lot of bbs .
But the most unexpected was that Even if my gene score was already high up. at 49.6 it didn't fell at all but also got raised to 50

If my high gene score got baff think of low score /die player, This is clearly an exploit to farm gene score.

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#10 2020-07-21 10:12:47

Twisted

miskas wrote:

Yesterday I gone afk from 12 years old. I was tired and got sleepy so I ate my last craved food and gone by the fire.
I logged in today and I died at 44 ! Mom probably forced feeded me as I died a little after her.
I also had a lot of bbs .
But the most unexpected was that Even if my gene score was already high up. at 49.6 it didn't fell at all but also got raised to 50

If my high gene score got baff think of low score /die player, This is clearly an exploit to farm gene score.

The reason your gene score went up was probably because your mother cared about gene score, so she spent her life taking care of you and any babies that might have popped out of you.
This might work to 'farm' gene score, but it also works to farm curses - if you were my kid I would have fed you until I died and taken care of all your kids, but I also would have cursed you as I had to spend my life taking care of your lifeless body instead of actually playing the game. Just to be clear I wouldn't have cursed because I think this is some horrible thing to do, I would have cursed because I don't want you to spawn as my kid and do this again.

#11 2020-09-26 23:46:56

Spoonwood

If you're still wondering Tizzy,

I made a thread commenting about this issue a while back: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5411

CrazyEddie made a link to here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5381

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-09-27 04:32:20)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#12 2020-09-27 00:27:05

sigmen4020

Spoonwood wrote:

If you're still wondering Tipy,

I made a thread commenting about this issue a while back: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5411

CrazyEddie made a link to here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5381

Why are you addressing Tipy? He's not even in this thread. Pro necro btw.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-09-27 00:27:44)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#13 2020-09-27 04:32:49

Spoonwood

sigmen4020 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Thanks for the correction.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#14 2020-09-27 05:32:13

fug

Spoonwood wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Thanks for the correction.

Stop necroing threads. We haven't seen tippy in months and you're out here necroing threads.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#15 2020-09-29 05:21:43

Guy

Spoonwood is a pretty cool guy. Everyone says they hate him but can you imagine these forums without them.

Board footer