One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-12 13:29:31

Dodge

Too many eves = too many dying villages [Eve spawning mechanic]

Towns usually end up dying because not enough babies and not because players fuck up.

An eve should be something special, "A new eve is born every millenia".

If you are banned from every area you shouldn't start as Eve unless an "Eve slot" is available, one eve slot would be unlocked every 1000 years or wathever.

Instead if you are banned from every area, all the bans should reset (all the bans where you lived less than 30 minutes).

You could spawn as Eve either if a slot is available or if there is less than x lineage on server.

#2 2019-05-12 13:51:53

futurebird

Re: Too many eves = too many dying villages [Eve spawning mechanic]

I strongly agree. It's too easy to abuse /die to become Eve. And frankly I have a hard time resisting the temptation myself. But instead the game should trying to keep... say x/12 families on the server at any given time where x is the server population. So an new Eve would only come in to being if the server population were rather high. The rest of the kids get sent to existing towns. This would stop birth droughts and give each family a fighting chance. And we could get to know different families over a course of hours and days.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-05-13 01:11:35

pein

people on forum said that they suicide mainly because bad camps, not everyone wants to be eve

there is a phase when people try to be eves, and try to learn it and is good for them
it's quite bad to have bad eves and someone else needs to make all the things for them

but then there is the fact that some people don't want to be eve, but if they are one wont suicide
maybe people would need to buy eve runs with a token, similar to curse would generate one in every 6 hours play time, or such, and if they live until 30 as eve the token is used up

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-05-13 01:24:29

BladeWoods

Yeah, maybe some limit on eves would be good.

#5 2019-05-13 19:24:31

Dodge

Current number of eve's seems like a lot:

springs_spawn2-1.gif

#6 2019-05-13 19:53:18

lychee

I'm in agreement with @futurebird I think

#7 2019-05-13 20:21:23

JonySky
Website

pein wrote:

people on forum said that they suicide mainly because bad camps, not everyone wants to be eve

that is not right...
Most of the suicide babies that I have seen do not wait for 3 seconds to commit suicide .. there is no time to see the cities correctly
/ die is being used for 2 things:

1.- travel to another city
2.- to appear as EVE

I rarely see babies looking around and then committing suicide ... that almost never happens

#8 2019-05-13 21:54:09

pein

they can see family name quite fast, sometimes they want to go back even if isn't possible

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2019-05-14 00:34:58

Greep

JonySky wrote:
pein wrote:

that is not right...
Most of the suicide babies that I have seen do not wait for 3 seconds to commit suicide .. there is no time to see the cities correctly
/ die is being used for 2 things:

1.- travel to another city
2.- to appear as EVE

I rarely see babies looking around and then committing suicide ... that almost never happens

It can still be used to escape a bad camp if you want simply because /die has no price tag.  Accidentally miss a decent town because you /died too fast?  Just do it again.  Less useful if you're playing all night due to lineage ban, though.

That said, the sheer volume of /dies needed to get to Eve means most /dies are people trying to eve, even if most people /dieing are probably not trying to Eve.

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#10 2019-05-14 01:56:28

futurebird

Greep wrote:

That said, the sheer volume of /dies needed to get to Eve means most /dies are people trying to eve, even if most people /dieing are probably not trying to Eve.

THIS. Most people might use /die once or twice but the people who want to be Eve have to use it 10 times or so. So they are most of the dead babies.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#11 2019-05-14 02:49:24

GreatShawn

+1

#12 2019-05-14 05:53:33

pein

i die as eve when no good spot and i get back to family, sometimes is just no females off cooldown

Board footer