One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-03-31 21:41:38

w0wma

Re: OPEN QUESTION TO GRIEFERS ON THE FORUM

Bob 101 wrote:
w0wma wrote:

it's hard to believe that griefers can be above the age of 12... it's almost as if they're mentally **stuck** at the age 12, where they're still asshole intermediate kids. i'm baffled.

It's not personal man, Just a bit of fun. I'm not hard core trying to ruin towns every single life.

But sometimes I just feel like role playing, Others certainty get a rush from it. It gives people a break from endless food production, Let's them experiment with combat, and gives them more of a common goal.

Any self respecting griefer mostly targets the cities, Most of them are stagnant by the time I get to them anyway.

Majority of "good' griefers are adults. A child griefer will simply go on a stabbing rampage but get killed quickly and have no long term effects.

An adult will have more patience and better plan. Slowly starving them out by hiding the food supply and critical tools. Using bears and pitbulls over direct murder.

It's like the contrast between berry munchers and engine makers.

i don't care about your bullshit 'reasoning' as to why you grief. you're a griefer. nothing more, nothing less.

#27 2019-03-31 22:39:22

honikker

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

Even a life where you are murdered can be a fun one.

While I can't speak for everyone, I have yet to have a fun life that ended in getting murdered. It's usually an obnoxious and annoying inconvenience that makes me want to stop playing.

Of course, griefers tend to murder me when I'm a kid. Every time I've been murdered thus far has been before I could pick up a weapon of my own. Every time some freak running amok with a knife has followed me thus far has also been while I'm a kid.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm one of those spoopy roleplayers your mothers warn you about before they tuck you in at night.

#28 2019-03-31 22:55:18

GreatShawn

bob i wish u get fired from your walmart janitor job

#29 2019-03-31 23:01:56

OminousBladeBlank

honikker wrote:
OminousBladeBlank wrote:

While I can't speak for everyone, I have yet to have a fun life that ended in getting murdered. It's usually an obnoxious and annoying inconvenience that makes me want to stop playing.

Of course, griefers tend to murder me when I'm a kid. Every time I've been murdered thus far has been before I could pick up a weapon of my own. Every time some freak running amok with a knife has followed me thus far has also been while I'm a kid.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, getting griefed isn't fun, but having a conflict that ends in murder can be fun. But being a child is no fun for sure.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#30 2019-03-31 23:15:37

hmrka

GreatShawn wrote:

same, then he wouldnt have monei for the internet and his son toxic would stop playing too tongue

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#31 2019-03-31 23:26:57

DestinyCall

honikker wrote:
OminousBladeBlank wrote:

This has been my experience as well.  I have never felt like my life was improved by murder.   Even when I'm not the one dying, murders create stress and drama.   Most of the time, I would much rather be doing something else instead of dealing with getting killed or figuring out who is doing the killing or deciding if the person who just killed someone is a griefer or a vigilante.

My favorite lives tend to involve some degree of roleplay and positive player interaction, like the life where I kept a "braindead" daughter alive for forty years and passed on her care to one of my other kids or the time I married a pie seller who had a son who baked the pies for his dad, or the time I was a shrine priestess and spent my life tending the holy flames and making fire-based foods.    None of those lives would have been improved by adding murder drama to the mix.

#32 2019-04-01 01:26:53

OminousBladeBlank

DestinyCall wrote:

This has been my experience as well.  I have never felt like my life was improved by murder.   Even when I'm not the one dying, murders create stress and drama.   Most of the time, I would much rather be doing something else instead of dealing with getting killed or figuring out who is doing the killing or deciding if the person who just killed someone is a griefer or a vigilante.

My favorite lives tend to involve some degree of roleplay and positive player interaction, like the life where I kept a "braindead" daughter alive for forty years and passed on her care to one of my other kids or the time I married a pie seller who had a son who baked the pies for his dad, or the time I was a shrine priestess and spent my life tending the holy flames and making fire-based foods.    None of those lives would have been improved by adding murder drama to the mix.

Your roleplay is fine, but like mine it doesn't always help develop the city. I like drama. You like that.

Last edited by OminousBladeBlank (2019-04-01 01:27:26)

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#33 2019-04-01 01:33:25

Turnipseed

What i wonder is how these people think its a good idea to grief and be public about it... have some shame. Being a jerk isnt something to be proud of

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#34 2019-04-01 02:11:52

Bob 101

GreatShawn wrote:

You seem more qualified for that position given your poor grammar.

You suck at this game and probably suck at real life. Stop crying because people keep killing you in video games.

#35 2019-04-01 02:21:25

DestinyCall

Turnipseed wrote:

What i wonder is how these people think its a good idea to grief and be public about it... have some shame. Being a jerk isnt something to be proud of

I think they honestly don't understand that they are doing wrong.   In their minds, the griefing is always justified in one way or another.   So they don't feel any remorse or shame for their bad behavior.  Like spoiled children, they lack the necessary empathy to appreciate that their actions impact the experience of other players in a negative way. 

In fact, I bet they feel like we are being too mean to them by judging their actions so harshly.   Poor poor griefers.  So unloved.  So misunderstood.  Alone against the world.  Might as well release another bear for company.   The bears will never judge them and make them feel bad about occassionally murdering a few babies for fun.

#36 2019-04-01 02:23:04

antking:]#

Bob 101 wrote:
GreatShawn wrote:

You seem more qualified for that position given your poor grammar.

You suck at this game and probably suck at real life. Stop crying because people keep killing you in video games.

well being a janitor is very difficult! not only is it labor intensive, but it usually doesn't pay that much, you have to do all sorts of nasty things... or I think their nasty and its monotonies! its hard to do the things that most people don't want to do!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#37 2019-04-01 05:17:53

OminousBladeBlank

Turnipseed wrote:

I don't think I'm a jerk, I think I'm an expected dynamic of the game which Jason empowered with tools that can destroy. I am a pretty nice guy though. smile

#38 2019-04-01 08:52:22

Potjeh

No, you're not a nice guy. And it's not an unexpected dynamic. This game is supposed to be a coop MMO, which is an entirely unique concept, but you are ruining it for everyone. Not only that, you're ruining the livelihood of an indie dev just because he doesn't have resources to admin the game.

#39 2019-04-01 10:11:48

MultiLife

My sibling almost bought OHOL, they wanted to twin with me; if alone I am a hurricane of productivity for my digital family, with my sibling it would've been double the achievements we would've reached together. At the best times, I praised the game to my friends, one wanted to join me too. But in the end, I realized this game isn't (for me) worth more than the half year I spent in it. Jason's vision is still unclear to me and things like apocalypse and thirst for drama between players are signs that this game won't be what I'd love it to be. One dev can only do so much, but inconsistencies, broken features (multiples and curses/lineage bans) and old things left useless (pork still only for tacos right?) are just left untouched for crazy long times.

And again, I don't start up the game to be a villain hunter hero of a town. I start the game to help out developing the place I am born into, and try something new from time to time. This is hindered by griefers and Jason's wish to constrict towns from developing fast and killing towns to slow down players. I want towns to die due to people leaving it or mismanaging it, not because of a continuous attempt to bring it down by players.

In the end, me and my sibling bought Overwatch instead. At least I can avoid certain players who want to have fun in a way which diminishes mine. My friend went on to play other games.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#40 2019-04-02 07:44:30

OminousBladeBlank

Potjeh wrote:

No, you're not a nice guy. And it's not an unexpected dynamic. This game is supposed to be a coop MMO, which is an entirely unique concept, but you are ruining it for everyone. Not only that, you're ruining the livelihood of an indie dev just because he doesn't have resources to admin the game.

Yo, Jason wants there to be war. Your point is invalid. Yikers.

#41 2019-04-02 12:12:12

MultiLife

It's not that black and white. I heard Jason hesitated adding weapon PvP to the game at first and it was simply to get rid of griefers. Now he talks about wars. I feel like his vision keeps changing as he gets new ideas or sees/experiences something.
But I never checked sources, maybe it wasn't like that with the weapons after all.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

Board footer