One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-15 10:44:31

Smetig

Spawned inside tutorial?

I just played a very weird game.

I spawned as Eve inside a tutorial.
I ran around for a while with my baby, gathering the clothes inside and realised that We could not get out. My daughter then went to play in the snake pit..

When my second child grew up we decided to make a pickaxe and break out of there, because it seemed like we had enough resources. We managed and when we came out there was a sign that said, go north or south. We went south, and there was another tutorial, identical to the one we had just broken out of.

We broke through it and found another south of it, and another and another.. I went past at least 12 almost identical tutorials. Some had corpses in them, one had a kiln and others where untouched.

I had no more girls, otherwise, I would have attempted to build a town on these grounds.
But has anyone ever spawned in the tutorial? I know I read a post ages ago about someone who had. And does anyone know how far the tutorials go, how many of them are there?
It all was just so weird. 
If you ever spawn there and see a sign that says HOT OR SNOT, then you know it was me!

Last edited by Smetig (2018-12-15 10:45:05)

If your name is Erika, Sebastian or Lukas, Im your mum

#2 2018-12-15 13:03:20

Starknight_One

Re: Spawned inside tutorial?

I was born to Eve Port inside a tutorial zone once. We pushed on to the end, smithed up an axe and shovel, and escaped. Started a small farm near a pond. Unfortunately, the area immediately outside our zone was mostly snow, and my daughter despaired and let herself starve. No other kids that life. :sadpanda:

This was, oh, almost two months ago when I first started. It was interesting, to say the least. smile

#3 2018-12-15 18:33:49

CrazyEddie

It is possible, though rare, to spawn as an Eve in a tutorial area. At first this was a surprise to Jason, but he decided it was fun so he didn't fix it.

found another south of it, and another and another..

You have discovered the Hideous Secret Of The Tutorials! Playing the tutorial actually puts you in the real game just like everyone else... but you spawn into a special location on the map which is tiled from top to bottom, north to south, with newbie prisons!

If you play through the tutorial normally (i.e. click on "Play Tutorial" rather than accidentally spawn there as an Eve), and if you discover the challenge room and learn how to beat the challenge, you can escape your prison... and then go on to break other newbies out of their own prisons!

This actually happened to me once. I was working on the challenge when all of a sudden another character came running across my screen, carrying a wooden cart, dropping tools on the floor, bouncing around the area with words floating near her. I wasn't sure what was going on... I thought this was some kind of NPC that I had triggered by attempting the challenge three times or something like that. It wasn't until later when I started playing the game "for real" that I realized that wasn't an NPC. There are no NPCs. There is no single-player tutorial mode. I was live on the server and that was another player!

a sign that says HOT OR SNOT

Brilliant!

Last edited by CrazyEddie (2018-12-15 18:37:27)

#4 2018-12-15 19:09:50

Psykout

The thing that can trigger it is dying of old age in the tutorial with a home marker down. A new eve has a chance to appear in your base, which as the eve can be confusing, as you experienced.

I've always thought it would be funny to have a successful town out of the tutorial areas. There is a good deal of resources in those things, many boxes to convert to carts, full sets of clothes, iron, rabbits. Might have to do that one of these days...

#5 2018-12-15 19:32:36

CrazyEddie

Psykout wrote:

The thing that can trigger it is dying of old age in the tutorial with a home marker down. A new eve has a chance to appear in your base, which as the eve can be confusing, as you experienced.

So what's needed is a concerted effort by a lot of players to die in the tutorial of old age with a home marker, as many as possible, so that random other Eves start spawning there, and one of them eventually founds a successful line.

#6 2018-12-16 02:17:52

Monolith_Rans

I was born to a family that lived in the tutorials.  All of a sudden, the adobe started to collapse from age and all the snakes got out!

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#7 2018-12-16 11:16:34

Psykout

Monolith_Rans wrote:

I was born to a family that lived in the tutorials.  All of a sudden, the adobe started to collapse from age and all the snakes got out!

Note to self, Make knife early and kill all the snakes. Every child I have will wear snake boots. I am StateFarm and you are all jake. Together we will outlive the boots line, because ours are made of snakes.

Board footer