One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-05-14 21:37:26

Cantface

Re: Lord Family Griefed

Just bring back the old killing system ffs. This problem wouldn't be so difficult to solve. Jason wants you to play kings and queens and shitty little war games with fences and maybe even swords soon. You could defend yourself better before all this bullshite it takes the absolute piss.

Breasticles

#27 2020-05-14 21:59:39

tocal

Brans wrote:

This just doesn't work. Most people (especially the new ones, but even some vets) don't pay attention to the hierarchy thing. It's confusing for new players, and I'm just too busy doing something to keep the town alive to roleplay kings and queens. I've actually been the leader before and didn't even realize it. Griefers are killing indiscriminately in towns like the old days... EXCEPT, now, no one can fight back.

People don't know how to unfollow, or are too young, or are trying to mind their own business and stay out of the "drama." So, now it takes just two people to wall off wells and oil and kill everyone. I tried to warn the Berg family, but I was exiled and an order went out to kill me for griefing. I cursed the queen and fled to the Gay family and warned them, but apparently, the same thing happened there. The griefers grow up within the family, so it's hard to rally a rebellion against them, especially when it takes 3 secs for them to kill you.

This is how I feel exactly. I've only been playing for a couple of months, but I know enough to know how the core game works. The new parts that aren't documented well are super arcane for me and I don't really care to know them. Role play isn't why I play the game. The whole well/mine/homeland thing is very unintuitive. As for killing, I don't know why we can't have a simple kill mechanic where you don't have to have played the game for years to understand it. At least have a guide on how it works and detailed documentation on it!

How killing should work to keep it simple: You can only kill someone through 'eye for eye' death. They die, but you die too. That way towns can only be griefed through killing if all the fertile females are killed. This is much harder to do than the current system. You'd need a whole team of griefers or an almost dead town already to kill it. Also, it allows griefers who are jailing people and stealing stuff to be dealt with by people who feel strongly enough about it. Also, carrying engines makes you slow, and breaking an engine freezes you for 30 secs or something.

#28 2020-05-14 22:30:02

Crumpaloo

Read as much as i could about the most recent update and to best summarize it:

Jason doesn't know how to solve some issues in the game, so he experiments on the player-base with ideas he gets from said players. After making killing impossible he looked towards the community for a solution as he had none. One of those ideas being the current killing system today which was suggested by Strong-force.

I think for the foreseeable future well see small fixes, more experiments to the killing system, and little to no big content for the game.

Thats based off what ive seen in the past two months for updates, as well as quotes Jason has made himself on the forums. If you wanna see those quotes i can link em just ask.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#29 2020-05-14 23:42:19

Caiaphus Tarwater

Bobo Bill,  you talk about Jason like he's your boyfriend.

"Jason never listens!"

Listens to what?  You have no message, which makes you a pointless fraud.

I wonder how old you are in real life, and whether you realize that your behavior... repeatedly delighting in violent anti-social scenarios... is quite similar to torturing small animals and abusing younger children in the real world.  You may still be naive enough to think that mental illness is cool.  Life will teach you otherwise, despite your energetic (desperate) and time-consuming attempts at avoidance.

Last edited by Caiaphus Tarwater (2020-05-14 23:49:03)

#30 2020-05-15 00:04:59

Catfive

Caiaphus Tarwater wrote:

Bobo Bill,  you talk about Jason like he's your boyfriend.

"Jason never listens!"

Listens to what?  You have no message, which makes you a pointless fraud.

I wonder how old you are in real life, and whether you realize that your behavior... repeatedly delighting in violent anti-social scenarios... is quite similar to torturing small animals and abusing younger children in the real world.  You may still be naive enough to think that mental illness is cool.  Life will teach you otherwise, despite your energetic (desperate) and time-consuming attempts at avoidance.

he's desperate for attention quite simply and threads like this give it.

#31 2020-05-15 00:19:45

Alontae Balasa

Crumpaloo wrote:

Read as much as i could about the most recent update and to best summarize it:

Jason doesn't know how to solve some issues in the game, so he experiments on the player-base with ideas he gets from said players. After making killing impossible he looked towards the community for a solution as he had none. One of those ideas being the current killing system today which was suggested by Strong-force.

I think for the foreseeable future well see small fixes, more experiments to the killing system, and little to no big content for the game.

Thats based off what ive seen in the past two months for updates, as well as quotes Jason has made himself on the forums. If you wanna see those quotes i can link em just ask.

I would like to see some more content. I started playing last year in December, and there has been pretty much nothing since then. (almost 6 months!) There was the leadership system, feast table, pumpkin pie, and wine, but after that, mostly fixes and quality of life changes (bottle storage, table fixes, curved tracks, painted walls, killing changes, food changes, family iron/well/homeland system, etc.)

These changes were good, but I'd like to see a balance between content and fixes/tweaks in the future (too much content and it might be buggy, too many fixes and the game does not really progress).

When are we gonna get that atomic-powered robot? tongue

I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for answering them!

.-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / .-- .. - .... / --- - .... . .-. / ..-. .- -- .. .-.. .. . ...

Board footer