One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-03-24 16:52:02

testo

Re: are curses bugged?

Legs wrote:

Yes. Innocent players that carry towns being banned by a broken system is this game working as intended. Great job everyone.

You're not very bright are you tarr?

Have you ever thought you may not be innocent? Just asking because you refused to answer my last question.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#27 2020-03-24 18:41:08

Legs

testo wrote:

What is the objective of the curse system?

It's an anti-griefing system. It completely fails at this.
Curses are rarely merited and griefers are rarely cursed.
In practice, it's overwhelmingly abused by petty people for petty reasons.

Loco Motion

#28 2020-03-24 21:11:56

GivePEASachance

The cursing system is for the triggered snowflakes that get all in their feelings.  Cursing should be for griefing game mechanics, not because you're butthurt someone called your tattoo ugly.

Gretta <-----

#29 2020-03-24 21:28:21

DestinyCall

GivePEASachance wrote:

The cursing system is for the triggered snowflakes that get all in their feelings.  Cursing should be for griefing game mechanics, not because you're butthurt someone called your tattoo ugly.

GivePEASachance wrote:

I brought three wild boar piglets to town, fed them, almost right in front of people, then acted shocked when they were adults and started, killing. Some poor bloke got quite a few curses, since I pegged him as the culprit.  Griefing level.....expert.

The curse system exists because of people like you, actually.

#30 2020-03-24 21:29:51

sigmen4020

DestinyCall wrote:
GivePEASachance wrote:

GivePEASachance wrote:

I brought three wild boar piglets to town, fed them, almost right in front of people, then acted shocked when they were adults and started, killing. Some poor bloke got quite a few curses, since I pegged him as the culprit.  Griefing level.....expert.

The curse system exists because of people like you, actually.

Aww, you beat me to it Destiny. I was about to post the exact same thing. Ya meanie. mad

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-03-24 21:30:18)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#31 2020-03-24 21:30:47

DestinyCall

Sorry, sorry!   I was too quick.

I always roll my eyes when a known griefer complains about the curse system not working correctly or being "abused".  I'd be MUCH more concerned if the griefers liked the  current curse system.

Then, you know something must be wrong!

Last edited by DestinyCall (2020-03-24 21:43:20)

#32 2020-03-24 21:44:24

Legs

"""known griefer"""

You mean the person drilling oil to keep three different towns alive? The person trading rubber, running the well and training an apprentice to leave the berrypickers with a half dozen full cisterns? The one that single handedly left enough turkey, milk and mutton pie to feed the next four generations all while raising a half dozen babies? That kind of known griefer? That's the kind you're talking about.

What a joke. You're just a petty ingrate after all huh. So self righteous in persecuting others you never stop to realize that you were the bad guy all along.

Loco Motion

#33 2020-03-24 21:46:46

DestinyCall

Legs wrote:

"""known griefer"""

You mean the person drilling oil to keep three different towns alive? The person trading rubber, running the well and training an apprentice to leave the berrypickers with a half dozen full cisterns? The one that single handedly left enough turkey, milk and mutton pie to feed the next four generations all while raising a half dozen babies? That kind of known griefer? That's the kind you're talking about.

What a joke. You're just a petty ingrate after all huh. So self righteous in persecuting others you never stop to realize that you were the bad guy all along.

I wasn't talking about you, Legs.   No need to take everything so personally.

Board footer