a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-01-27 10:58:27

JonySky
Website

Re: Goodbye genetic fitness

Lum wrote:
JonySky wrote:

I think you don't consider the main reasons for the premature death of the new players: boredom and frustration

maybe new players commit suicide on purpose to see if in other cities they get more fun

Sometimes I log in, realize after 10 years that there's nothing new, log out.

That's why I said it ... because I do it too

#27 2020-01-27 15:10:43

luckynmd

Chestburster wrote:

Spent a good amount of time building up genetic fitness only for it to tank by my 7 nieces and nephews who all starved in a town full of food before they turned 15. This happens all the time.

How do you even help these people?

If your goal is to raise your fitness score, do like parents do: Whatever it take to keep your BBs alive. This include staying next to them all their lives and force feeding them a bowl a berries.

Btw Twisted has many videos where he raised an afk baby girl just so he could get grandkids.

#28 2020-01-27 17:09:31

DestinyCall

luckynmd wrote:
Chestburster wrote:

Spent a good amount of time building up genetic fitness only for it to tank by my 7 nieces and nephews who all starved in a town full of food before they turned 15. This happens all the time.

How do you even help these people?

If your goal is to raise your fitness score, do like parents do: Whatever it take to keep your BBs alive. This include staying next to them all their lives and force feeding them a bowl a berries.

Btw Twisted has many videos where he raised an afk baby girl just so he could get grandkids.

But what if you are a man?   You have no kids.

#29 2020-01-27 20:43:41

luckynmd

DestinyCall wrote:

But what if you are a man?   You have no kids.

Agreed, but you might have nieces and nephews. So to improve your fitness score, they need to survive as long as possible. Then, the answer is the same: whatever it takes to keep them alive. Feed them; dress them; teach them; protect them from murders...

Btw, not caring about the fitness score is also a viable choice.

Last edited by luckynmd (2020-01-27 20:44:36)

#30 2020-01-28 03:39:38

DestinyCall

Sounds like I would need to be a super creepy uncle.

#31 2020-01-29 18:35:35

luckynmd

DestinyCall wrote:

Hahaha! True!
And to be honest, If you are following me around, feeding me berries... Ya, I would run away from you wierdo lol

#32 2020-01-29 19:02:39

DestinyCall

luckynmd wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Hahaha! True!
And to be honest, If you are following me around, feeding me berries... Ya, I would run away from you wierdo lol

Yup.  I would probably get knifed for scaring the kids.

#33 2020-01-29 21:27:57

Rose

I become creepy uncle two days ago (I tried to yum food) I manage keep alive all my family members but most of them died few minutes after me.

In next life I found another strategy.
I had 6 kids within 2 min.  other mams also put their kids next to fire. I spam all the time    DON'T STARVE KIDS     REMEMBER TO EAT      STAY ALIVE    DON'T STARVE KIDS  and ....  one of my sans starved  next to fire  so I cursed him using his name  I CURSE X Y.
Reaction of kids : "?"   "WHY"  "?"
I : Because he starved!  Don't starve kids.
After this town was fool of kids  everyone with berry or carrot in hand.  Even twin of my cursed son didn't dare to starve.

#34 2020-01-29 21:51:31

miskas

Today (I was in a poor village, bps and clothes were valuable) I killed an AFK female to take her bp and clothes for my kid tongue
a passing by elder wasn't happy...but he let it pass. she would die from hunger anyway.

gene score ethics.

PS: never initiated a murder before that was my first one.

Last edited by miskas (2020-01-29 21:53:52)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#35 2020-01-29 23:35:46

DestinyCall

I kinda want to form a new cult - the food mafia.

We dress all in black, wear turkey hats, and curse anyone who starves to death or resists our efforts to force feed them on mutton pies and milk. 

We are making an offer you can't refuse.  Accept our protection or pay the consequences.

#36 2020-01-30 14:26:46

Chestburster

Rose wrote:

I become creepy uncle two days ago (I tried to yum food) I manage keep alive all my family members but most of them died few minutes after me.

In next life I found another strategy.
I had 6 kids within 2 min.  other mams also put their kids next to fire. I spam all the time    DON'T STARVE KIDS     REMEMBER TO EAT      STAY ALIVE    DON'T STARVE KIDS  and ....  one of my sans starved  next to fire  so I cursed him using his name  I CURSE X Y.
Reaction of kids : "?"   "WHY"  "?"
I : Because he starved!  Don't starve kids.
After this town was fool of kids  everyone with berry or carrot in hand.  Even twin of my cursed son didn't dare to starve.

Maybe your strategy has worked its way around because I just started have pretty good luck with gene score lately. Enough to raise it to 47 so I'm enjoying 2 new tool slots.

I had three children my last life that I got the new player notification on and all of them knew to go straight to the berries. 2 lived to 60 and one to 40 so I guess that shows you don't really need any experience to not starve. Thank you for the positive score whoever you 3 were.

Last edited by Chestburster (2020-01-30 14:27:55)

#37 2020-01-30 18:12:38

Gogo
Banned

From my latest experience telling them 'don't starve' don't make any difference, they're dropping like flies! I'll try to assign them ANY jobs, just to make them use mouse buttons, lol.

#38 2020-01-31 08:09:16

Rose

Our kids are not children.  They are adult people.  I am not their babysitter.

I am  fed up with  loosing points from starving kids.

If they don"t know how to eat  their place is in tutorial.
If they  want to starve  their place is in "Donkey Town".

Board footer