One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-05 01:58:58

kerfuffle

Re: You want a killer? You get a killer

Well aren't you a super star.  Three lives tonight in a row I got stabbed. Killed two griefers but always more a few mins later. I don't mind some but its getting f'in stupid.  Be nice to plant my gooseberrie plantations in peace now and again.

#27 2018-04-05 02:02:51

Turnipseed

Kouyate wrote:

This a really interesting view at how killers are born.

yup thats how it happens hate breeds hate. be kind and generous help new people fight evil. maybe one day the grief will end

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#28 2018-04-05 02:06:37

kerfuffle

It's the internet.  It breeds stupid. Now if you'll excuse me I have a box of condoms to use.

#29 2018-04-05 02:12:34

Antichthon

Turnipseed wrote:
Kouyate wrote:

This a really interesting view at how killers are born.

yup thats how it happens hate breeds hate. be kind and generous help new people fight evil. maybe one day the grief will end

I appreciate your optimism, and that is definitely one of the best things we can do to fight griefing, but griefing will never end. It can be made harder, it can be made manageable, but it cannot be made extinct. Once you have an unmoderated population of players where not every player knows and trusts every other player, griefing is inevitable.

Consider it another way. Have you ever known of a game where griefing was possible, but never a problem?

#30 2018-04-05 02:27:12

Alleria

kerfuffle wrote:

Well aren't you a super star.  Three lives tonight in a row I got stabbed. Killed two griefers but always more a few mins later. I don't mind some but its getting f'in stupid.  Be nice to plant my gooseberrie plantations in peace now and again.

How did you get stabbed? You either let him or you were afk. You cannot be hurt if you're moving - see someone with a knife, run in circles. You can still talk while moving as well, so you can work out their intent.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#31 2018-04-05 02:29:22

Turnipseed

Antichthon wrote:

I appreciate your optimism, and that is definitely one of the best things we can do to fight griefing, but griefing will never end. It can be made harder, it can be made manageable, but it cannot be made extinct. Once you have an unmoderated population of players where not every player knows and trusts every other player, griefing is inevitable.

Consider it another way. Have you ever known of a game where griefing was possible, but never a problem?

I know we will never eradicate it, but we can prevent the formation of new trolls though

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

Board footer