One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-08-22 21:25:26

Saolin

Re: End conditions for the rift...

Interpersonal trade does happen a little: "want to trade hats?"

For more of like a shopkeeper dynamic though, it's generally at the detriment of the town to do so, all it really accomplishes is limiting access of whatever goods you're stocking to the rest of the town. It doesn't really benefit anyone, shopkeeper included, and is currently just an avenue for roleplay.

Also for intervillage trade, I don't feel like I can adequately explain it or reduce it to a few main points, so I'll just provide an example from a life a few days ago: We had a decent town with lots or iron, and everyone was getting along and working together. The town was unfenced and a man arrived at town from a different family. He was murdered, and that is actually what alerted me to his presence. I ran over with my war sword drawn in case the town needed defending, but saw it was already taken care of. I scouted around behind him to see if there was anyone else, and came across a loose horse cart loaded with a basket of pies, bowl of berries, bowl of pads, and a chisel. He seemed to be by himself. I brought the horse back to town and unloaded the supplies. Did he have nefarious intentions? Or was he bringing supplies for trade? No one knew since we couldn't understand him. And it dawned on me that this was the most profitable and least risky outcome for our village. His family would have no idea where he had run off to, or if he simply died in the wilderness. And we got all his supplies, with no cost.

#52 2019-08-22 23:08:14

DestinyCall

Saolin wrote:

And we got all his supplies, with no cost.

Trade successful.

#53 2019-08-22 23:42:28

The_Anabaptist

DestinyCall wrote:
Saolin wrote:

Trade successful.

I feel all this story is missing is...

... And then we loaded the trebuchets with large rocks and cans of flaming kerosene.  We shelled the neighboring village some fifteen hundred tiles away.  Eventually we got around to picking up the loot that survived from amid the smoldering craters and charred bodies.

The_Anabaptist

#54 2019-08-23 00:26:22

Lava

The best idea is to only open the eve window If the families dip below four. Keep the eve window open for the first two hours then close it. The remaining families should have longer depths and if it goes below four open the eve window for an hour or thirty minutes.

Last edited by Lava (2019-08-23 00:26:38)

#55 2019-08-23 19:43:39

Saolin

The_Anabaptist wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
Saolin wrote:

Trade successful.

I feel all this story is missing is...

... And then we loaded the trebuchets with large rocks and cans of flaming kerosene.  We shelled the neighboring village some fifteen hundred tiles away.  Eventually we got around to picking up the loot that survived from amid the smoldering craters and charred bodies.

The_Anabaptist

Heh, some of the other villagers wanted to launch an attack, but i tried (successfully I think) to convince them that we'd be better off staying to defend, if necessary, since we already had everything we needed and an attack would be very risky.

Last edited by Saolin (2019-08-23 19:45:30)

Board footer