One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-04-19 20:26:19

lf

Re: EU Server

I am sorry, but for now I shutdown the server.  I didn't have time the last two weeks to test the server upgrades, since those do bring a lot new content and a new database format I need to test those carefully.

So since this server is outdated it is pretty useless so I shut it down.

#52 2018-07-13 08:08:38

PunkyFickle

Hi If and everyone,

So, I was wondering if your server was bound to be reborn at some point or if it is permanently down. You wrote that you shut it down for now and that you lacked time to take care of it, but I was hoping that the situation might have changed (and that it actually meant that you'd get back to it at some point).
I am playing from Europe with the lag you know (my character sometimes has to go through the animation four or five times before the action is performed), so I would be rather enthusiastic about playing on a EU server...

#53 2018-07-13 08:48:17

Uncle Gus

An alternative would be to run your own. I don't know if linode have any services in Europe, but they have servers for $5 a month, so hopefully there would be somewhere that you could run a server for cheap.

If you need help with setting it up or knowing what to do, you can jump on the discord channel and ask for help and someone with some experience running a server can help you out.

#54 2018-07-13 12:19:37

PunkyFickle

Indeed, but I am quite new to the game and, even though I thoroughly enjoy it, I am not sure that I can maintain enough dedication to create and sustain a server on my own. I was rather hoping to join a server ran by someone else and shamelessly take advantage of this someone else's work. smile

Last edited by PunkyFickle (2018-07-13 12:20:21)

Board footer