One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-07-27 03:37:23

Spoonwood

Re: Too easy now

jasonrohrer wrote:

Wait, where'd you hear that Carrot-Seedling?  It's QUANTITY, over QUALITY every day of the weak.  The more wife murder the better, I say.  How much wife murder is in Rim Simulator?  NONE.

Nope.  You're wrong on this.  A husband can go berserk and kill people in the colony, so wife murder can happen in RimWorld.

jasonrohrer wrote:

Also, making a multiplayer game is at least 100x harder than making a single-player game.  Just ask.... well, don't ask anyone, b/c none of the game designers mentioned in this thread have made multiplayer games.

Single player is like riding the bus.

Multi-player is like riding in the space shuttle.

I'm in orbit!

Astronauts don't get into space solely on their own.  You'd get rejected by any serious space program, because you have problems working with other people, and all serious space programs involving human spaceflight are massive team projects.  Please note that you made this comparison to being an astronaut yourself.  It's wholly unwarranted and further reveals your hubris.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#27 2019-07-27 03:47:23

PXshadow

Spoonwood, how are you even human.

PXshadow#9132
Senior full stack developer

#28 2019-07-27 03:49:19

Grim_Arbiter

jasonrohrer wrote:

ollj, you're clearly riding in coach, not first class.

When you ride in the Concorde, you can see the curvature of the earth, but that's just because the glass in the windows is so thick.

"You look up and you see the blackness and depth of space, you look down and you see the beauty and curvature of the earth.. or you could just read a magazine.."

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#29 2019-07-27 04:04:33

Carrot-Seedling

Don't worry, Jason. I had one dysfunctional family take Uncle as a forced organ donor. I made kid mine out a whole mountain, literally. Wifey was eaten by a thrumbo and Husbando got killed by his alcoholic five year old.

At least I'm not making other humans suffer though that.

Anyway, congratulations Jason. Have fun in space. Remember to breathe.
Oh, and I found the multiplayer Rimworld. Yay, wifey murder for the whole family!

Edit: spelling

Last edited by Carrot-Seedling (2019-07-27 04:23:10)

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

#30 2019-07-27 04:47:28

Saolin

jasonrohrer wrote:

Sponwood, how many games did Tyler Sylvester make, though, and how long has he been doing it?

Making one game is one thing.

I made NINTEEN, count 'em yourself, if you don't believe me.  You know, as well as I do, that SHEER QUANTITY rules the roost.  My quantity is staggering.

Spoonwood, I don't even think you're in coach class.  You're down in the baggage area, breathing thin air with exploding lithium batteries that aren't supposed to be checked in baggage.  You're trying to sneak through customs without a ticket.

Because I didn't just make one indy game and steal Prisoner's Architecture graphics in the process, and then write a book about game design after that!

No, I made 19 games without stealing any graphics, and WROTE NO BOOK AT ALL.

If I ever wrote a book, though, I'd give you a preview copy, so that you can provide me with a quote for the back cover:

I was wrong.  Jason Roar is in fact the greatest living game designer.  Wow, he really is the best there is, bar none.

--Spoonwood

(not a real quote----YET!  See what I did there?)

Wow.  I've tried to be tactful but now i see this.  Jason are you feeling threatened and insecure?  Maybe a bit manic and delusional?  A person who is the best at what they do recognizes that they are not perfect and stays quiet.  You seem like you're unsure of yourself and are spiraling upward in an insecure mania in an attempt to get others to back down.  It would be unreasonable to expect things to be perfect, but no one enjoys an arrogant person or a big dick contest.  You should reconsider your approach to (or presence in) this forum, and re-evaluate what is really important here to you: a successful game or stroking your own ego.  This is not a fan club, people are here to provide you with unsolicited feedback to your game.  (privately) appreciate it.

Last edited by Saolin (2019-07-27 05:06:16)

#31 2019-07-27 05:53:57

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Spoonwood wrote:

You are unduly arrogant to believe that I would ever say that.  I'm sure I wouldn't.

I'm sure you would say that!  That is my prediction.  Spoonwood will dramatically change his mind someday, once he realizes the error of his ways.

Prove me wrong someday when I write a book and ask you for a quote.

Send me your address, and I'll send you a free copy of the book that was written about my work.  Not by me, but about me.  You will love it!  It will show you REAL GAME DESIGN, and it will make you weep with humiliation.

Which other game designer had an entire book devoted to just their work?  Not very many!  Not you, down in the baggage area.

When you make 19 games, you too will have a first class ticket to game design perfection!

#32 2019-07-27 06:06:26

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Saolin, you are right, my ego is out of control, a wild stallion of hubris.

I will hand you the reigns to my bridle, and you can mount me like a trusty, muscular steed and ride me into the sunset of game design brilliance.

Brilliance, I tell you.

With your guidance, I can change!  I promise, I can change my ways.  I just need a good smack on the hindquarters every now and again.

Oh wait, I just designed games for an extra day.  I'm not just in orbit.... I just left the solar system!

I have now been designing games for....  15 years, 1 month, 17 days.

Look out, everyone, tomorrow will be another day.  My brilliance will be blinding tomorrow.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

#33 2019-07-27 06:10:00

Saolin

jasonrohrer wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

You are unduly arrogant to believe that I would ever say that.  I'm sure I wouldn't.

I'm sure you would say that!  That is my prediction.  Spoonwood will dramatically change his mind someday, once he realizes the error of his ways.

Prove me wrong someday when I write a book and ask you for a quote.

Send me your address, and I'll send you a free copy of the book that was written about my work.  Not by me, but about me.  You will love it!  It will show you REAL GAME DESIGN, and it will make you weep with humiliation.

Which other game designer had an entire book devoted to just their work?  Not very many!  Not you, down in the baggage area.

When you make 19 games, you too will have a first class ticket to game design perfection!

Wow.  It's a shame so many game devs succumb to their own arrogance and thirst for power.  Is this whole thing just a power trip to you?

Last edited by Saolin (2019-07-27 06:30:51)

#34 2019-07-27 06:16:05

Saolin

jasonrohrer wrote:

Saolin, you are right, my ego is out of control, a wild stallion of hubris.

I will hand you the reigns to my bridle, and you can mount me like a trusty, muscular steed and ride me into the sunset of game design brilliance.

Brilliance, I tell you.

With your guidance, I can change!  I promise, I can change my ways.  I just need a good smack on the hindquarters every now and again.

Oh wait, I just designed games for an extra day.  I'm not just in orbit.... I just left the solar system!

I have now been designing games for....  15 years, 1 month, 17 days.

Look out, everyone, tomorrow will be another day.  My brilliance will be blinding tomorrow.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

So you designed games for 14 years and then finally got one that wasn't a failure.  Good job.  Your ego will be your own undoing if you're not careful.  You can change if you want to.

Last edited by Saolin (2019-07-27 06:23:22)

#35 2019-07-27 06:40:28

antking:]#

PXshadow wrote:

Spoonwood, how are you even human.

he is not his a wooden spoon I thought it was obvious by the name.  and what are wooden spoons good for?
hitting people where it hurts most!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

Board footer