One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#201 2018-06-06 11:30:34

Stankysteve

Re: Missed Connections

-To Sprinkles and Dashes Blazina (Spring and Dazel Blazina)

My most beloved. Your grandmother entered this empty husk of a town that made every tool, had boxes and carts ready to go, but never had any sheep and fell tragically short on milkweed. Your grandmother starved as I grew older, and the only other person in town, an old man died. It was my town alone now - me and my sister, Sun's, of course. But she told me of another town Northwest, and I never saw her again.
I wasted no time, many bushes needed watering. If we were going to have sheep we would need carrots and milkweed. I looked far and eventually made a rope, I planted carrots, I maintained the berries. And I dug a massive sheep pit, the first time I actually completed one by myself!
    Then Dashes, you came along, and Sprinkles shortly after. I was already middle aged, and you may have both been boys but I was happy to see someone could inherit my hard work at least! I would waste no time restoring what this town lacked for them, or so I thought.  I left Sprinkles with Dashes to go hunt sheep, only to find I had misplaced my rope! I wasted so much more time looking for more milkweed. Always prioritize sheep and compost children! Or this will be your fate!
    Dashes, thank you for trying to help me find some! I remember Mom had dropped some milkweed when I was born to carry me south from the wilderness, so I decided to go spot that one piece. It was all we needed to finish a rope. And so North I wandered. I did not find the milkweed, I found another town. Was this what Sun spoke of? It was straight north, not northwest. A few people of various age were running around, including a creepy boy with a creepy face with a knife. I approached the others, and before I could finish saying "Greetings from the south!" the little prick stabbed me! I got to call out his name and witness revenge though, as another relative quickly took a bow and shot him down.
    I don't know what was crueler to you poor lads. My butchering as a heinous random act of violence while I sought supplies for our home, The fate that you did not get a sister to live with you to protect, for I hit menopause while I ran north - seriously, why is it raining kids always, right up until you find your own personal town? Or the fact that the town got so far to begin with without compost - I can only hope you'll get what you need before it becomes too difficult to do. I'm sorry for the promise of sheep I could not live up to.
   Please be strong

...oh nevermind, look like you both starved... I made so many pies and watered so many bushes for nothing. sad

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-06 11:31:00)

#202 2018-06-07 10:41:54

Baker

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=270477

My ancestors had revitalized an old city and it was going well so far. I was born to my mother while she was doing a water run, My birth had interrupted her work but she didn't seem to mind too much. She carried me back into town and put me by a fire, she fed me one last time and went back to finish her task.

I was named Ben and I received a sheepskin, pair of shoes, and a backpack from the elders. The population was quite low for such a large town but at least we had lots of food. I spent my childhood exploring and helping with farms, When I was grown up an old man approached me.

He was the town shepherd but he was getting old and needed a replacement. He gave me his blue hat and a snakeskin boot. Apparently I also now owned the building next to the sheep pen but I never used it. I started my new job by cleaning up the sheep pen a bit, there was bones, shit and dead lamb everywhere. Once I had tidied up I started feeding the sheep.

The old man from before had reincarnated as a little girl named Gabrial Gbur, apparently, an Eve was in town. She told me that her mum was murdered. When she leaves another dude approaches me and takes my cart of sheep food, I tell him I still needed it and that he could have it later. But he pulls a knife out and tries to chase me.

He managed to piss off most of the town, My nameless nephew, Gabrial and me were all after him. He saw him a few times but he ran off.
The "griefers" name was Kitt, We hunted him for years but we later found that he starved. He didn't even do much damage, He only managed to kill like 1 58-year-old women.

I'm fairly certain my bloodline died out so the city belongs to the Gbur family now.  Best of luck to them

Last edited by Baker (2018-06-07 10:44:57)

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#203 2018-06-07 11:06:21

Trick

My Dearest Coco,

You and I were born to sisters (me to Ruby, and you to Ann) around the same time, but you were just a tad older than me.  We shared a rough infancy - our mothers weren't very good at taking care of us and we nearly starved to death.  Thankfully, when we were both crying for food, you finally became old enough to pick a berry.  Bless your heart, you fed me before you fed yourself.  I knew at that moment you would be my best friend forever.

I spent most of my life searching the lands and hunting for rabbits.  My goal - make you a beautiful rabbit-fur backpack as a thank you for your kindness.  When I came back with my first kill as a teenager, you ran over to me and admired my hard work. As a bashful teenage boy, I simply replied with "yea", but it was at that moment that I knew I was falling in love with you.

You were working hard on the berry fields and tending to the farms near the village.  You were so pretty with your long, black hair, and you seemed quite popular.  I went back out again, determined to catch more rabbits to complete the backpack and impress you.  When I came back, I gifted you with the bag.  You seemed pleased, and thanked me for my efforts.  But you quickly went back to farming.  You were so hard working, you didn't make much time for socializing.

It was my duty to continue hunting and provide rabbit meat and fur for my family, so I set out once again.  When I came back many years later, you had had a daughter you named Milana.  She was beautiful, and I was so happy for you.  I asked you to keep your next son so I could make him my apprentice.  You promised me you would, but I am not sure you ever did.

I came back and checked on you many times.  You were such a good mother, and you worked so hard on the farms.  I adored you.  But, I knew that I couldn't ask for your affections.  It wouldn't be fair to you when I knew I would be gone for years at a time.  Besides, I wasn't entirely sure that you loved me back.

During a very long hunting trip, I grew much older and I knew my end was near.  I didn't want to die without telling you that I loved you, so I came home with the sole intent of finding you and telling you the truth.  But you were gone.

I searched everywhere and called out your name.  No one knew where you had gone.  It finally hit me - you had died while I was out hunting.  I was devastated.  I had spent my whole life almost entirely alone, working so hard for my family, but mostly for you.  And you didn't even know it.

I spent my last years gazing upon the berry fields that you had spent so much of your life cultivating.  You did a wonderful job.

I am sorry I never told you.

Love,

Bear

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=270516

#204 2018-06-07 11:12:49

JackTreehorn

I was Gabriel Gbur I was born into the town in a berry field. I was the first generation Gbur in Town JJJ.
My mother was just had given me my name when a woman stabbed her and ran away.
I ran down to the fire where a Lovely young lady Stacy had just come of age and decided to look after me.
I had to get to the bottom of who killed my mother. I remembered from my last life i man named Ben who i had given my Sheppard role.
He was a good guy and had a knife so i asked him for help.

A lot of detective work had me investigate a Sheppard named Donnell she looked like the murderer only older and she had the only other knife in circulation.
I approached her in her sheep pen and asked her flat out. She said she kills only griefers (was mom a griefer?)
She pulls out a file from her backpack, maybe reaching for her knife. I get out of there before anything bad happens.

It's at this time Ben runs up to me and tells me of a second killer on the loose. A man Kitt had tried to stab him for a cart.
I decided to sneak up on him and kill him before he actually kills someone.
I could have done it, but my nerves got the better of me, he seemed like he was working hard.
I go back to Ben to tell him of developments when Kitt sneaks up behind and tries to stab me. I escape while he stabs at the air.
Ben sends out the alert. every villager and his horse are looking for Kitt. Seeing Donnell on her horse actively looking for Kitt, Helps me get over the anger i had for my mothers death.
I watched Bens death, and my children's birth. I taught them of the terrible things we went through in our generation. Ben was truly the Hero we needed. We made quite the detective team.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=270552

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2018-06-07 11:13:20)

Eve Audette

#205 2018-06-07 20:21:04

Lum

My name was Bessie.

A boy born in the city of the Amazons? The three beautiful women watching over me in the berry field seemed confused. What were they going to do with a boy? We need to kill him, one of them said. But my mother refused. And then they had an idea.

She is a girl. Not a boy. She can just pretend.

I said ok, but I didn't pretend to be a girl. I became a girl. And to show my determination, I left the city as soon as I could and only came back once I had made a reed skirt. By then, I was already a woman.

At the camp, people seemed agitated. A bear was roaming the country side, eating people here and there. Not too worrying yet, but still threatening.

I spent some time around the bell tower, meeting people, chatting with my mother. She was the best. So nice, so warm, so pretty too. She didn't have a name, but she didn't need one. I could just feel her existence, no need to name it.

Some years went by and my fellow women started having children. Not me, obviously, I still had male parts down there even if I was a woman. Also a beard.
I wasn't jealous, but I did wish for a child myself. And my mother, my sweet mother, she brought me a child. She said, "she's your mom now, ok?". I was ecstatic. The baby seemed to understand.

Alas, she was soon after taken away from me. A relative took her and I was told she had been fed to the bear. Apparently it was to avenge her own child that my mother had killed. I never knew of the whole story. I don't think I want to know.

Needless to say I was shocked, my mother was too. She felt bad for me, she said she wanted me to have another child.

And then all these feelings were cut short by the arrival of the bear. It crossed the fields and came straight for us, all gathered by the bell tower. My mother died right there and then. I loved her very much, my mother. I really did.

I survived, but the town was emptier now. Silence had crept in. We were all becoming old, and soon there were no more newborn.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Asked a crowned lady to another woman. They left for the outskirts of town, and I followed. What can I say, this seemed important and I was curious. They didn't see me.

"I'm the one who led the bear here" That's when I learned the truth. I was saddened, but I remained calm. They came back and didn't even try to hide what they had just said. I appreciated their honesty.

Then life went on for a few more years, with no kids or young adults around, just us old folks. A woman showed me where her mother from three hours ago was buried, and I buried her next to the grave.

The last thing I did was ring the bell tower. I truly hope someone heard it and was able to find their way back to this city. A city of love, life, but also death and mourning. Who knows. Maybe someone came by to erase this tragic past. I do not know.

By far my best life ever.

(Edit: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=272563 )

Last edited by Lum (2018-06-07 20:23:47)

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#206 2018-06-08 04:23:06

Realcooldude

Bourn to a trapper Annabel before i could even wal or see the fires of the city i was trapping rabbit. After a long journey i met my sister and was passwd the tools of the trade. Maria and i set off on a long journey back to the trapping grounds where we filled 2 carts full of baskets of bunnies. That is where i had my one and only daughter. Although she was not destined to be a trapper she was ready for the city life, so i made one more long journey across the desert to retrieve my supplies and pass on my trade. When i got back i planted the corn for the town as a suprise to the kids of the town for pleasing the berry gods! My sister and i revoled over the accomplishment of the bunnie pies and backpacks that we have provided for the town and the prospects of growing this haven for future generations.
As i spent my final moments talking to the king and we were passing on our trades he i assume accidently stabbed me. At a ripe old age of 57 i was not mad but only wish i had been able to tell my replacement more about the wonders of the North and the dangers along the way. King Kile take solice in this as we shared a moment just as Maria and i had just before we died. If you both are out there it was a pleasure playing this game with you. I hope the knife finds the sheep pin and not another.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=275576

#207 2018-06-08 05:04:47

Medina

We did do well. I passed my crown to king John along with my knife. I thought the king should learn violence and frankly you were old. It appears however he was assassinated. I learned my lesson. Those who live by the sword die by the sword. Forgive me Aria.

#208 2018-06-08 06:00:30

Aurora Aurora

Lum wrote:

My name was Bessie.

A boy born in the city of the Amazons? The three beautiful women watching over me in the berry field seemed confused. What were they going to do with a boy? We need to kill him, one of them said. But my mother refused. And then they had an idea.

She is a girl. Not a boy. She can just pretend.

I said ok, but I didn't pretend to be a girl. I became a girl. And to show my determination, I left the city as soon as I could and only came back once I had made a reed skirt. By then, I was already a woman.

At the camp, people seemed agitated. A bear was roaming the country side, eating people here and there. Not too worrying yet, but still threatening.

I spent some time around the bell tower, meeting people, chatting with my mother. She was the best. So nice, so warm, so pretty too. She didn't have a name, but she didn't need one. I could just feel her existence, no need to name it.

Some years went by and my fellow women started having children. Not me, obviously, I still had male parts down there even if I was a woman. Also a beard.
I wasn't jealous, but I did wish for a child myself. And my mother, my sweet mother, she brought me a child. She said, "she's your mom now, ok?". I was ecstatic. The baby seemed to understand.

Alas, she was soon after taken away from me. A relative took her and I was told she had been fed to the bear. Apparently it was to avenge her own child that my mother had killed. I never knew of the whole story. I don't think I want to know.

Needless to say I was shocked, my mother was too. She felt bad for me, she said she wanted me to have another child.

And then all these feelings were cut short by the arrival of the bear. It crossed the fields and came straight for us, all gathered by the bell tower. My mother died right there and then. I loved her very much, my mother. I really did.

I survived, but the town was emptier now. Silence had crept in. We were all becoming old, and soon there were no more newborn.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Asked a crowned lady to another woman. They left for the outskirts of town, and I followed. What can I say, this seemed important and I was curious. They didn't see me.

"I'm the one who led the bear here" That's when I learned the truth. I was saddened, but I remained calm. They came back and didn't even try to hide what they had just said. I appreciated their honesty.

Then life went on for a few more years, with no kids or young adults around, just us old folks. A woman showed me where her mother from three hours ago was buried, and I buried her next to the grave.

The last thing I did was ring the bell tower. I truly hope someone heard it and was able to find their way back to this city. A city of love, life, but also death and mourning. Who knows. Maybe someone came by to erase this tragic past. I do not know.

By far my best life ever.

(Edit: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=272563 )

Hello Bessie, Mama Ceanna here. Aka your mothers ex wife.
I’m surprised you praise your mother so much, she was a horrible lady, poisoned to the bone. I’ll tell you my story so you can get another perspective of her.

I was born a girl in a thriving city. Mother took good care of me but she promptly died by the bear as soon as I was 3. I farmed all of my childhood, there was a water crisis cause someone had hidden all the buckets but later we found them behind a tree or something.
When I was about 11 I met your mother. An unnamed baby with a clueless mother given a crown and everything she desired from birth. I wanted to kill her because of her lack of name but her caretaker refused. At this point I noticed I was everyones second cousin twice removed or some other very distant relative. I realized that I was alone and that nobody cared for me.
But I promised myself that that would change once I got children.
A bit later that year I met a woman in the berry farm. We bonded over how much we hated your grandmother Faith and how she refused to name her babies. The innocent chatting turned into flirting and soon I had my first wife. We were good friends and tender lovers. Soon your mother came along, she wanted to join in too. We said why not and soon we had a poly relationship. I was about 27 at this point. I watched both my wives have plenty of children but I had none. Your mother would often joke about how my eggs were stolen. I’m not sure if it was to make me feel better or just to be mean.
Then came you Bessie. It was actually your mother who was so keen on killing you like she had done with all the other male babies. It was I who came up with the solution to maybe dress you up as a girl. I had tried this on your brother but it didn’t work. But she seemed generous and let you live.
Time came and went and I still didn’t have any babies. I cried day and night because of it. I was nearing my late thirties when I started to give up. I would die alone with your mother cracking jokes about her youth and fertility and how I secretly was a man.
I turned 39 and there he was. Like a little baby angel sent from heaven just for me. My sweet Wallace. I couldn’t stop crying. I cried about how beautiful and perfect he was. I cried about not being alone anymore. But what I cried most about was they he was going to be forced to live as a woman. Your mother then came prancing along demanding me to kill my only child because he happened to be born male or make him go trough a sex change. I refused either one because I wanted him to have a long good life where he decided exactly what he wanted to be.
Then she did the most cruel thing imaginable. She ripped him out of my arms and went to kill him. My only child! The son I’d been waiting 39 years to receive! The son I prayed day and night for! Just ripped out of my arms!
I followed her for about 2 years until she finally stopped. She demanded that he’d go trough with the sex change if he wanted to live. She made me get on my knees and beg for my child back. Cruel woman.
I gave Wallace all my clothes and fed him berries outside of town to keep him away from your mother. When he was a toddler I gave him this speech about him being who he wanted to and me loving him to death.
While I did this your mother came clamping along accusing me of killing your child! I was frankly insulted. I had gone trough the same thing you had, why would I ever want to take your baby away as your mother did mine?
I promptly divorced her.
A few years went by and I would often check on Wallace just to see that he was safe and tell him that I love him.
But one day I couldn’t see him anywhere. I went around asking everyone where he was and nobody could answer me. Then I asked your mother. Her response was cold and cruel. “I killed Wallace” she said.
I was devistated. I couldn’t live anymore, my reason to live was dead and gone! So I killed myself, in order to be with my Wallace. 
But she lied, Wallace lived to old age and I protected him from heaven.

What happened to your mother, I don’t know. But I’m glad she at least made someone happy.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=272424

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-06-08 06:04:00)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#209 2018-06-08 16:37:25

Lotus

To July
--

From the moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew we were meant to be. We were only eight at the time, but we both knew that we were soulmates. As I went to ask you to marry me, you asked me to marry you. I accepted with great happiness and sought to make you the happiest woman our village would contain.

Our teenhood was pretty basic. You did your odd jobs, I did mine. Mainly, I spent my days in the sheep pen or in the berry farm. You were gone a lot, and we never really crossed paths. I didn't really tell you this, but my uncle worked in the sheep pen with me. He wasn't the nicest to me.

When the town drama started, I could tell you were heartbroken. You insisted that your mother was innocent, while my aunts gossipped about how she was a witch. I sided with you, but they didn't listen to me; I was a 'useless male.' You thought they had killed her, and ran to check on her. I tried to follow you, but lost you within the ever intertwining forest. I saw you run into the badlands and my fear of you killing yourself begun.

So I began taking drugs. I became less productive and sat around, wasting my life away on mushrooms. I thought you were gone, and to top that off, my dear mother perished before my eyes as well. My promise to her was that I would cleanse myself, stop taking the drugs. My mother was a hardcore Christian, as was the entire village, and thought the mushrooms were the spawn of Satan. As I stared down at her fresh corpse, having been in a high while promising I'd stop taking drugs, you emerged.

You apologized. We agreed that she had been a good woman. You comforted me and my love for you grew. You also advocated for me to stop taking drugs, and I told you I'd try. But then I witnessed another tragedy; my nephew Timmy begging my aging aunt not to die. I watched in horror as he begged and screamed, then killed himself before my eyes. My aunt, unable to take the pain, killed herself too, just seconds away from making it to sixty.

My addiction got worse. I searched far and wide for mushrooms and always had one in-hand. You told me with great sadness that you were infertile, being almost thirty with no children. But I assured you that we didn't need kids, we had each other, and that I loved you despite this. You reminded me of my promise to deliver you "holy children."

I had hidden a gold ingot to make you a crown. But by the time I went to make it, a child had stolen it and made it for themselves. It wasn't fair, they had just turned four, and were not deserving of a crown. My sweet, pure wife was. But they had taken it against my wishes.

One day, while I sat in the berry garden, a mess, in a high with a mushroom in hand, preparing for my next high, you emerged. At first, I couldn't tell what you were holding. But then it let out a cry, and I knew instantly.

Our firstborn. A beautiful baby girl, with her mother's eyes. The high wore off and I took a moment to admire my family. But it didn't last long, I could hear the mushroom whispering to me. My eyes grew glassy once again as I turned my back on my family for drugs.

"You have to stop taking drugs," my wife scorned me. "You're a father now."

"I want to be a good father, but it's so hard," I insisted, making poor excuses for the disgusting drugs.

"I know, dear," she tried to comfort me. I told her I had witnessed two suicides, been abused by my uncle, and was unable to give you children earlier in life. But you calmed me down and reassured me that I was loved and needed.

You had four more children, naming each and giving them their proper dose of TLC. I tried to resist, but I still found myself leaving camp, stumbling into the forest and digging through soil to find mushrooms. I lied when you came up to me, crying "look!" I had no idea what it was. It looked like a wall. But you said it was our first baby boy, and asked me to name him. I named him Alpha, and shamefully my high wore off by the time he had grown and ran off.

Things were looking up until the bear came. Tearing through the village, eating most of our youth and fertile females. I watched it tear through our daughter Holy, blood spewing everywhere. I turned to drugs, like I always had. I felt awful, going against your wishes. I was undeserving of life, and so I told you I would lead the bear away. You tried your best to convince me, but I insisted on going. I needed to redeem myself.

I began to lead it away, but there was a problem; overpopulation. Other people kept getting in the way and pulling the bear back into town. I gave up, took my drugs, and headed back into town.

Towards the end of my life, we became closer than ever. I gave you my clothing and took a crown, setting it atop your head and naming you queen. Then, I saw that someone had left a shroom on the ground, seemingly just for me. I struggled to resist it, its angry eyes staring at me, calling me.

"Oh, for heaven's sake," was all my wife said when I told her it was whispering things to me. Then, she ate it. Ate it!

"I don't like this at all," she proclaimed. "How can you like this?" I fed her and helped her survive the high, our pips both very low.

Then a man named Nox came up, while we were saying our goodbyes, and said "I call crown and bag" to my wife. I was furious. How dare he?

"My wife is NOT a pile of loot for the taking," I yelled at him. "She's a person, your queen." But the man ignored me. We decided to ignore him and say our goodbyes. But the man had some nerve to say "I'm waiting" while we were saying our final "I love you"s. Waiting for my wife's death so he could loot her corpse? How dare he!

She finally took the crown off and put it on a baby. The baby died. I grabbed the crown and flailed it wildly, trying to place it on anyone's head but his. Finally, my wife said "Let the boy have it if it makes him happy." Her tender, kind soul. I set it on the ground, and with three pips left, proclaimed my love to her before dying.

I hope Nox is happy.
--
July:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=277959
Jesus:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=277957

I love you my dear.

#210 2018-06-08 17:10:07

Aurora Aurora

Lotus wrote:

To July
--

From the moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew we were meant to be. We were only eight at the time, but we both knew that we were soulmates. As I went to ask you to marry me, you asked me to marry you. I accepted with great happiness and sought to make you the happiest woman our village would contain.

Our teenhood was pretty basic. You did your odd jobs, I did mine. Mainly, I spent my days in the sheep pen or in the berry farm. You were gone a lot, and we never really crossed paths. I didn't really tell you this, but my uncle worked in the sheep pen with me. He wasn't the nicest to me.

When the town drama started, I could tell you were heartbroken. You insisted that your mother was innocent, while my aunts gossipped about how she was a witch. I sided with you, but they didn't listen to me; I was a 'useless male.' You thought they had killed her, and ran to check on her. I tried to follow you, but lost you within the ever intertwining forest. I saw you run into the badlands and my fear of you killing yourself begun.

So I began taking drugs. I became less productive and sat around, wasting my life away on mushrooms. I thought you were gone, and to top that off, my dear mother perished before my eyes as well. My promise to her was that I would cleanse myself, stop taking the drugs. My mother was a hardcore Christian, as was the entire village, and thought the mushrooms were the spawn of Satan. As I stared down at her fresh corpse, having been in a high while promising I'd stop taking drugs, you emerged.

You apologized. We agreed that she had been a good woman. You comforted me and my love for you grew. You also advocated for me to stop taking drugs, and I told you I'd try. But then I witnessed another tragedy; my nephew Timmy begging my aging aunt not to die. I watched in horror as he begged and screamed, then killed himself before my eyes. My aunt, unable to take the pain, killed herself too, just seconds away from making it to sixty.

My addiction got worse. I searched far and wide for mushrooms and always had one in-hand. You told me with great sadness that you were infertile, being almost thirty with no children. But I assured you that we didn't need kids, we had each other, and that I loved you despite this. You reminded me of my promise to deliver you "holy children."

I had hidden a gold ingot to make you a crown. But by the time I went to make it, a child had stolen it and made it for themselves. It wasn't fair, they had just turned four, and were not deserving of a crown. My sweet, pure wife was. But they had taken it against my wishes.

One day, while I sat in the berry garden, a mess, in a high with a mushroom in hand, preparing for my next high, you emerged. At first, I couldn't tell what you were holding. But then it let out a cry, and I knew instantly.

Our firstborn. A beautiful baby girl, with her mother's eyes. The high wore off and I took a moment to admire my family. But it didn't last long, I could hear the mushroom whispering to me. My eyes grew glassy once again as I turned my back on my family for drugs.

"You have to stop taking drugs," my wife scorned me. "You're a father now."

"I want to be a good father, but it's so hard," I insisted, making poor excuses for the disgusting drugs.

"I know, dear," she tried to comfort me. I told her I had witnessed two suicides, been abused by my uncle, and was unable to give you children earlier in life. But you calmed me down and reassured me that I was loved and needed.

You had four more children, naming each and giving them their proper dose of TLC. I tried to resist, but I still found myself leaving camp, stumbling into the forest and digging through soil to find mushrooms. I lied when you came up to me, crying "look!" I had no idea what it was. It looked like a wall. But you said it was our first baby boy, and asked me to name him. I named him Alpha, and shamefully my high wore off by the time he had grown and ran off.

Things were looking up until the bear came. Tearing through the village, eating most of our youth and fertile females. I watched it tear through our daughter Holy, blood spewing everywhere. I turned to drugs, like I always had. I felt awful, going against your wishes. I was undeserving of life, and so I told you I would lead the bear away. You tried your best to convince me, but I insisted on going. I needed to redeem myself.

I began to lead it away, but there was a problem; overpopulation. Other people kept getting in the way and pulling the bear back into town. I gave up, took my drugs, and headed back into town.

Towards the end of my life, we became closer than ever. I gave you my clothing and took a crown, setting it atop your head and naming you queen. Then, I saw that someone had left a shroom on the ground, seemingly just for me. I struggled to resist it, its angry eyes staring at me, calling me.

"Oh, for heaven's sake," was all my wife said when I told her it was whispering things to me. Then, she ate it. Ate it!

"I don't like this at all," she proclaimed. "How can you like this?" I fed her and helped her survive the high, our pips both very low.

Then a man named Nox came up, while we were saying our goodbyes, and said "I call crown and bag" to my wife. I was furious. How dare he?

"My wife is NOT a pile of loot for the taking," I yelled at him. "She's a person, your queen." But the man ignored me. We decided to ignore him and say our goodbyes. But the man had some nerve to say "I'm waiting" while we were saying our final "I love you"s. Waiting for my wife's death so he could loot her corpse? How dare he!

She finally took the crown off and put it on a baby. The baby died. I grabbed the crown and flailed it wildly, trying to place it on anyone's head but his. Finally, my wife said "Let the boy have it if it makes him happy." Her tender, kind soul. I set it on the ground, and with three pips left, proclaimed my love to her before dying.

I hope Nox is happy.
--
July:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=277959
Jesus:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=277957

I love you my dear.

Awh shucks, this is so sweet I had to read it twice.

I'm sorry I wasn't a better wife and I'm sorry I couldn't give you the gifts and attention you gave me. I was so busy with my mother and the children that I never stopped to think about how you felt. I knew about your addiction yet I did nothing to stop it. I tried to make you feel better but I was never good at comforting people. I tried my very best to make you happy but I clearly didn't do a very good job judging by how depressed you were.
I loved you dearly but I don't think it came across that way very often but just know that I thought about you every time we weren't together. I know I should've done more but time isn't patient.
Thank you for this wonderful life and for all the love you gave me.

Yours,
July

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#211 2018-06-08 18:38:31

Lotus

Aurora Aurora wrote:

Awh shucks, this is so sweet I had to read it twice.

I'm sorry I wasn't a better wife and I'm sorry I couldn't give you the gifts and attention you gave me. I was so busy with my mother and the children that I never stopped to think about how you felt. I knew about your addiction yet I did nothing to stop it. I tried to make you feel better but I was never good at comforting people. I tried my very best to make you happy but I clearly didn't do a very good job judging by how depressed you were.
I loved you dearly but I don't think it came across that way very often but just know that I thought about you every time we weren't together. I know I should've done more but time isn't patient.
Thank you for this wonderful life and for all the love you gave me.

Yours,
July

Please don't feel like this, July. You made my life wonderful as well, no one else could have made it better. It was a privilege. Both of us had our flaws but learned to love despite them. You were a wonderful wife.

Love
Jesus

#212 2018-06-08 19:49:53

Lotus

I have another one for my wonderful mother Laura.

Mother, you believed in me when no one else did. My second cousin tried to get me to kill myself, and I went up to you to say my goodbyes. But you saved me. You told me you were proud of me at every little thing I did, and I didn't do much. But you had me at an old age, and were dying fast.

I pleaded you not to go but I knew you had to. So I promised to make you a grave.

Took me about 15 years to find rose hip, screen after screen of savanna with no roses. Found one eventually, but by this time half of my food meter had decayed. Went back to camp, grabbed bowl, spent another 10 years searching for snow lump. Put it in the snow, went and got soil, set it down above the berry farm you spent most of your time in. Grabbed seed, planted it, watered it, went to get your remains, someone had taken them. 5 years until I found them, buried them, stole shovel and stone from smiths, would have made own and found own but time was running out fast, I was a withered old man. Put the first rose on your grave. Kept my promise. Died next to you.

I love you Mom, thank you for believing in me and helping everyone out. You were a wonderful lady, it was simply an amazing coincidence to be born to you.

Love,
Tomi

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=279210

Sorry for rushed content, in a hurry. Editing later.

#213 2018-06-08 21:31:14

D3mon1cblack

to erica woloszyk my beautifull wife and my dearest princess.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=279682

i was primo woloszyk
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=279645

I am so sorry i never came back to you to grow old and we never had the wedding with roses and all the pie we could eat.  i got killed by a wolf when on the look for a iron vein.

mutch love to my daughter mia woloszyk hope you turned out oke havnt seen you alot because i was out traveling

Also my mom Kate woloszyk
you gave me your backpack because you never left town and tought i could use it better.

and the dude who told me to chill when watering the berrie bushes ghehe never looked at your name but you left quite the impression the hard worker you are

mutch love primo hope the fam will thrive

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#214 2018-06-08 22:17:53

Stankysteve

Glad to see the Woloszyk family is going strong! I was Bobby Wolosyzk, the only surviving female of gen 2. A pseudo eve, I got the camp started from the beginning. Momma Eve starved at middle age

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=279039

Once food income was sufficient I spent my elderly days telling the kids where stuff was in the area and making runs for wood to get our tools forged, which a child of mine was handling well. I've not been back in the family yet, not being an Eve, the lineage ban has barred me out. Are you all eating well? Are there sheep and composting yet? Don't catch a cold or have a heat stroke!

Love you Wolosyzks! You're all my beloved children. Grow, thrive, expand!

Edit: Looks like hungry bears (likely lured) into town and a couple of murderers killed the family tree after 12 generations. Yippee hmm

Edit: The Wolosyzks crossed paths with the Butt family - late in the wolosyzk tree, early in the butt tree (lol). I think the Butts may've taken over the camp after the Wolosyzks died out. I became Queeny Butt. Butt family thread here:
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 447#p17447

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-09 02:55:22)

#215 2018-06-09 04:15:35

WomanWizard

To my Uncle Micah,

You have no idea how close you were to being entirely alone. My mother had been taking care of me as a baby for a while when she put me down in the snow and ran off for god knows what reason. Maybe she was looking desperately for food, I don't know. What I do know is I was still a baby and I was in the snow and my mother was gone. She never returned. I toddled over to a small patch of desert and waited for my death.

But then I thought, no! I will not give up! I know where the berries are and if I run fast enough maybe I can figure out how to pick them before I starve. Sure I have little baby hands, but maybe they'll be little child hands by the time I get there!

So I ran, and though I ran through the snow where the chill should have bitten me down to the bone, I stayed warm through determination (and maybe also thanks to the desert tile I had started on.) Eventually I made it to the berries where I ran back and forth between three bushes to stay warm. My hands were too small still, and my hunger was dangerously low. Then, just when I thought I was sure to starve, I found I could grab a berry! I stuffed it in my face and it was the sweetest thing I had ever tasted!

I made my way back to the small camp my mother had shown me as a baby and found it had many bushes. I was too small to risk exploring and while the camp was not in an ideal location, there was food. Beggars can't be choosers I figured. So I gathered supplies. I made tools. I was alone, but I was growing fast. I thought I spotted a man running through the fields at one point but when I chased after him he was gone. A figment of my imagination, surely.

As I was gathering soil to start farming I had a child. A little boy! He was so sweet. I kept him warm and fed, which slowed down my farming. I made a hoe. I needed more supplies, but didn't want to leave my boy alone. So I picked him up and ran west. That's when I saw you.

I showed up on your doorstep with a baby in hand. You had built in a much better location than my mom (or maybe grandmother?) You told me you had hoped someone survived, and my boy and I were so happy to find you too. We stayed with you. I had more kids, two of them girls, and we helped gather supplies so the camp could grow. My daughter and I told you how much we loved you many times. You had saved us. Mom's camp surely wouldn't have lasted where it was.

When you died, we were sad. You wanted a shovel for the potatoes but we only had enough iron for the smithing hammer. I made it my goal to find iron so we could make a shovel. Then not only could we farm, we could bury the man who made everything for us. If anyone deserved a proper grave, it was you.

After much running and foraging and dodging wolves, I found iron (and squash!) I ran two chunks of ore from the middle of the wastelands back to our camp, but it came at a cost. Just like when I was a baby, I was dangerously hungry. I died next to the farm with a berry in my hand. I guess I didn't have the same life-saving reflexes I had back when I was a starving child.

I got the iron though, Micah. And I brought it home. The girls lived on.

Last edited by WomanWizard (2018-06-09 05:35:48)

#216 2018-06-10 14:12:19

LHO

I was born in an okay town but there was a griefer killing people. He complained about everyone being carrot sponges and noobs but he eventually got shot.

I made a few pots of stew and the we got the town going. I had several daughters and sons who all did quite well. One of my sons even made the stuff for sauerkraut. My daughters lived to make grandkids and there daughters made great grandkids.

Sadly it looks like my kids died prematurely but they still lived fairly long. It looks like they ran out of fertile women in the end.

Thanks to Lucy and Bob for trying to continue the family line. Thanks Ted, Tod and Edda for all your hard work.

Thanks to my great grandson Thanos. Seems like you were the last one alive.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=297067

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-10 14:14:23)

#217 2018-06-11 02:29:21

forestglade

I was born in what looked like Eve Mary's town. My mother didn't feed me! However, my wonderful big brother rescued me and picked me up. And he fed me food.

My mother didn't name me, or my wonderful brother, but in my heart I called him Honor.

To my sadness, he died in the bakery before we could get to know each other better, a stew really close to him.

I then gave birth to four sons in a row! And the last one was a daughter.

My children did me proud, all but one grew to an old age and lasted four more generations.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=301892

#218 2018-06-11 02:52:58

BlackPaladin

forestglade wrote:

I was born in what looked like Eve Mary's town. My mother didn't feed me! However, my wonderful big brother rescued me and picked me up. And he fed me food.

My mother didn't name me, or my wonderful brother, but in my heart I called him Honor.

To my sadness, he died in the bakery before we could get to know each other better, a stew really close to him.

I then gave birth to four sons in a row! And the last one was a daughter.

My children did me proud, all but one grew to an old age and lasted four more generations.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=301892

Oh wow we were in the same family! I was Gen 7:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=302587

My kids sadly didn't do well at all. Maybe I'm a horrible mother or maybe just had terrible children. First quit/dc'd the moment they were born. All others I gave tours of our town before placing them down at the fire with many people that could help feed them if needed. My second suicided their self after they reached age due to "boredom." Like, why are you playing this game then?
Third I asked my cousin to take care of him (I was in the middle of re-starting our milkweed farm, and she was taking care of her kid too) which she obviously didn't... Fourth idk how he died, shame, he seemed good and was doing stuff at the start. Fifth was a new player I think. He kept trying to eat raw squash, and kept running out of my hands to try to grab other foods that couldn't be eaten raw. Then starved after running from me and trying to pick up bowls of corn or squash lol. Last daughter I turned old without realizing it, and tried to run to shove a berry into her mouth but she starved too quickly. I think the town is still going though?

My generation made enough pies for the next few generations, plus still had a ton of stew from the previous generation still and all the farms running well. I made more bowls and plates, restarted the milkweed farm, revitalized the berry farm, remade some tools, and was in the process of making more iron when I died of old age lol.

#219 2018-06-11 03:20:59

forestglade

Hello Relative! Eve Mary made a great town, there were some griefers and it kept stopping and starting.

#220 2018-06-11 04:20:50

teanah

To Nana

You were my big sister but you kept me alive as a baby treating me (Yuna) and your daugther (Rose) like twins. You even ran after my mom and told her to name me.
When I asked you for a job you told me to do what I liked, I learned some of the new food. You helped me learn how to not kill the berry bushes and how to make three sisters stew.

I missed your death but I wept over your bones.

Your daughter Rose, me, and my son Lunden buried you in the southwest corner of the town cemetary and wished you happy trails.  Lunden`s Final words were: "I will find a headstone" which he did. You were buried surrounded by family.

The town was doing well when I starved as an old lady. Crops were growing, stew was cooking and a bunch of baked potatoes were scatered aI hope you see this message.
(this was me http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=303645)

#221 2018-06-11 09:10:46

happynova

To my little Hearts, from your mom, Kshon:

Brian, I'm sorry I left you alone.  I had to look after your siblings.  There were plenty of berries where I was when they were born, and I knew if I came home, there wouldn't be enough food for all of us there.  But I knew the odds were not good you'd be able to survive by yourself.  It was a cruel mathematics, and I'm sorry.

Esmeralda, I lost you in the swamp!  I looked for you everywhere, I thought, but I only found your body later.  I'm sorry to you, too.

Philippe and Bessie: I did not starve!  I lost connection.  I was hale and hearty, and more than ready to go make some more bowls for us all, but it was not to be.  I was hoping to help look after you for a few years yet, and to have a chance to say my goodbyes and my thank-yous for being great kids.  Alas.

I'm so glad to see from the family tree that you two survived into your 50s, and that Bessie had kids and carried on the line, at least for a couple more generations.  And to see that you named your first daughter after me!  I'm genuinely touched. 

I hope things weren't too difficult for you after I passed.  It was a rough life before you were born, but things were definitely getting easier.

#222 2018-06-11 14:42:58

Lotus

Just wanted to give a quick thank you to my Mom from a while back.

This was when the new skins came out, and holy crap on a cracker, I got the new curly brown haired guy skin, and from the instant I was born, my siblings and I were all calling me hideous. I was laughing so hard. It was my first reaction to the new characters, and I kept saying things like “OMG / IM / SO / UGL / Y”

My mother felt bad and named me Wallace. The family had no last name. I sort of recognized the area, although I didn’t know how. I just had a feeling that water would be there, that berries would be there, that the kiln and forge would be up there. Anyway, my mom felt really badly for me. She kept telling me that I was beautiful and that she loved me. I told her thanks, but by this time my sisters’ teasing had turned into more of insults. It was no longer “LOL that skin is just...” It was more of “Wallace needs to die” “OMG he’s so ugly” “Stab him mom” “Loser” etc. My Mom did her best to defend me, at the time I didn’t really care but I begun to as my life travelled on.

I told my mom that I agreed; I was too ugly to live in this world. I went to the swamp to starve, but Mom came and picked me up and told me I was the most beautiful person she’d ever seen. Then she asked me to water some carrots and berries for them. I accepted and decided to do so.

I lived for my next few years indulging in Mom’s compliments. She was an extremely nice lady and always tried to make sure that I felt better. I think she thought that the other kids were being serious. I began to enjoy my life, but as I went to go get water, I stepped on a snek.

After this, I went to look at the family tree. As I figured, there was a high rate of infant mortality. I scrolled to the top and holy bejeezus, who else names themselves Eve Moist, but me? Yep. I was the Eve. Turns out one of my kids told their kids never to name their kids to get rid of the last name. And it worked. Apparently.

So yeah. Thanks Mom. You’re a wonderful person and respect ugly people.

#223 2018-06-11 22:12:25

Lotus

To my nameless son,

Even though I knew you for only a few short moments, you were the light of my life. I had had one son before you, with your eyes, but he was kidnapped by the maniac who proclaimed he was "king" as he stabbed people. The only reason I survived his mayhem is because I praised him and accepted him as my king when he approached me. I later went on to kill him as requested by the survivors of his attacks.

And I am glad I did survive, because I didn't know it then, but I was destined to save you. I was reaching the end of my life, with my beard long and grey, and as I was going south to search for objects hidden behind trees, I heard a cry. I followed the sound and stumbled across you, crying helplessly in the desert, clinging to life by standing on a balanced tile. I could tell you were abandoned from the moment I held you in my arms.

I carried you to a field of berries on the outskirts of the bustling city and fed you, storing many in my backpack to feed you on the journey home. At first, I was silent, my mission to get you home uninterrupted by you saying things like "Hi" and "?"

I wrapped you in a warm sheep cloak, and gave you my shoes. As people saw I was dying, they flocked over to me, placing dibs on my stuff. But I gave it all to you and continued to feed you berries. I told you the story of how I had killed my brother, the murderer, with the knife in your backpack, and how I expected you to continue the tradition if you ever were to meet one. You agreed eagerly and were extremely sweet as I said my goodbyes and excessive "I love you"s. I held you in my arms, before we both got too old, one last time as I died next to you.

I told you to go tell the towns people a name for them to call you. You don't deserve to have nothing to be called. I thought about naming you after myself, but I feel that it's unofficial, against your will, and narcissistic of me. So I decided to let you choose.

My mom called me the Chosen One and I wish I had the time to proclaim you the next Chosen One. I hope you know that in my heart, you are.

I hope you have a name for yourself, young man. Stay strong!

Your old man loves you and misses you.

Love,
Mom

--
Me, Harry:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=309304
You:
(you aren't yet dead so there's nothing here for the moment)

Last edited by Lotus (2018-06-11 22:17:49)

#224 2018-06-12 02:08:44

Realcooldude

I found you standing near a pot of stew, discarded like a broken dish. No mother in site and not even a name.
I could tell that you were all alone and i asked where your mother went. You responded "to feed sis" one letter at a time. At that time i fed you from my small berry farm. When your mother did not return i adopted you as my own.

I never told you but i was also left in a field to die. I made my way to town where the Children of the berries raised me.  I was forced to scavange th remains of the Haves as i was a Have not. That is why i had one blu shoe and one rabbit foot.

As soon as you were old enough you assisted me in maintaining the crop and the sheep. For a long time we worked to sustain the town that didnt want us or know that we existed. Providing them with mutton.

At one time the Have children picked all the carrots and we had no seed. Seeing it as our duty we both took off our separate directions to find seeds. I west and you south.

Durring that journey i prayed to the berry gods that you would make it back safely. As tile after tile throught the swamp and desert laid the remains of the Have children. So many bones with cloths rotting into the ground. I thought about not being able to make it back and that i would never see you again. That is when i found the one lone carrot in the desert. I picked the seed made a sharp stone ate the carrot and started my trip back East. Dodging snakes and wolves trying to get back to you to see if you had returned.

When i made it back i planted the seed ate and looked around, you had not returned yet and i feared the worst.

Distraught i returned to my duties of berry farming. There was much neglect in our absence! I returned the farm to it former glory. All the wile old age setting in.

Just then you apeared in the middle of the field. As i was aging fast i gave you the remains of my clothing and that one blue shoe. I told you to wear that blue shoe and to adopt another and teach them the ways of the farm.

Your brother watching our exchange knew of your life. Being a Have child he passed you my mothers backpack and knife to carry on the mutton. With three bars remaining i said my last words, although you said goodbye i did not speak as a testament to you. So that those words would live on. Although our trees will never link "You were the best son a father could ever have!"

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=311162

#225 2018-06-12 04:43:34

Realcooldude

Board footer