One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#126 2018-05-22 07:51:41

Aname

Re: Missed Connections

There was a hero born in a village! his normal name was Simon! in his youth simon was a little brat and stole carrots from the seed row! One guy hated Simon and wanted him dead! Simon like the coward he was ran to his mommy for help. his mom made a knife for him so Simon could protect himself! When the guy who hated Simon came back he had a bow! The mean guy was Leo he tried to defend the seed row but everyone saw through his disguise. He was just an mass murderer. Simon saw that Leo killed a boy who picked from the seed row! but there was enough carrots and enough seed rows. So simon knew he had too do something so he grabbed his knife and stabbed the scumbag. Leo dropped on the ground screamed that he hated everyone and died. Simon was an hero.
And then some years later a god from the heavens destroyed a sign! and only the chosen one could pick up the sign!
everyone tried but failed. But then Simon tried to pick it up and he picked it up with all his power. He lifted the sign and everyone saw that Simon was the chosen one! From that moment his name wasnt Simon Anymore But he became the HUMAN SIGN!
He did the lords work and helped people from the city and said where the farm where! because that was the text of the sign! he screamed day and night where the farms where. he got fed by the townies. he stayed strong and was an real super hero!
People said The Human sign was just some crazy deranged person! some say he was an hero. but everyone liked him. they gave him food like he was an god.
But Then got The Human Sign a Message from the Gods! he was needed in the future.
The human sign knew he had to leave his village behind an help the world. and so he did! he left the village people thought he died of starvation but that was just an lie. The human sign is still alive! saving people in the future.
This is the story of The Human Sign. Who knows maybe he was just an Deranged crazy person. Or maybe he was an real super hero!
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … l_id=97137

Last edited by Aname (2018-05-22 07:53:22)

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#127 2018-05-22 09:35:33

Trick

It was with great excitement that I was born into the middle of a flourishing town. Unfortunately, my mother (Sarah) abandoned me the moment I opened my eyes.  When my grandmother (Destiny) directed her to take care of her children, she angrily retorted "I never asked to have children". I knew right then that my mother was a spiteful and angry woman, but I had a will to live.

I pleaded with my mother for a name; she acquiesced and named me 'Abort' (Abou).  I was hurt and angry (although I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised), but my beautiful grandmother believed in me, and came to my rescue. She fed me until she couldn't feed me anymore, and then began feeding me carrots.  She was an amazing lady.  Sadly, when I told my lovely grandmother that she was too old to feed the newborns, she seemed so distraught she ran into the woods and I never saw her again.

I diligently worked hard in the farm alongside my great uncles, and tried not to hold a grudge against my terrible mother. After spending long hours in the fields with my great uncle Stuart, we started to become close. This angered my mother.  She wasn't satisfied with me being abandoned and losing the only actual mother I had. She didn't want me to have a connection with someone else. She hated me, and I think she hated that I had survived. So, on one fateful day, she murdered my Uncle Stuart. I was devastated.

My hardworking and diligent great uncle Trenton tried to wrestle the knife away from her, and in doing so, stabbed her with his own knife. I hate to admit it, but I was happy to see her go. While she was slowly dying, I stood over her triumphantly holding the knife she used to kill my uncle.

I became the keeper of the knife after that, stored safely in my bag and hidden by the wolf hat my Grandmother had passed down to me.  I toiled away in the fields by myself for many years, and my great uncle Trenton and I grew closer.  He seemed eager to clear his name with me - he had killed my mother, after all. I thanked him for taking care of my evil mother, and assured him that I knew he was a good man.  He died of old age many years later.

As I worked hard in the fields, I gave birth to some amazing children. Great uncle Trenton had crowned my daughter Fantasia as the new leader, and entrusted her with his knife... the knife that had killed my mother.  I told her of the knife's history, and instructed her to be a benevolent and good leader. She was a wonderful child, and Trenton's instincts were right. She worked hard, was very knowledgeable, and was kind to her people.  I was so incredibly proud of Fantasia.

But murder was in our blood and the son of my eldest child (my grandchild), Justin, wanted the crown.  Justin killed three people - my daughters and his aunts Fantasia and Uwais, and my grandson and his cousin Justin, who shared his name.

Thankfully, my brave son Vaahin came to the rescue and captured my serial killing grandson.  He was promptly executed for his crimes, and bless my son, he came searching for me to ensure I was safe. Fortunately, I was not witness to another set of murders.  I am not sure I would have been able to handle the murders of my beautiful daughters.

Justin's murders had taken a severe toll on the town, but my son Vaahin, my daughter Woodley, and all the others worked hard to keep the town running smoothly. It wasn't clear, but I was hopeful that we were going to recover.

I knew Vaahin was a good boy - a hard worker, and an arbiter of justice.  But I also knew my time was coming, and Vaahin already had a knife.  So, I trusted my daughter Woodley to take the knife I had been protecting nearly my whole adult life.

Unfortunately, it appears that our genes were poisoned by my evil mother, and the bloodthirst continued. My daughter Woodley killed her sister Zi, and Vaahin (I imagine doled out justice) killed Woodley.  Based on my dear son's last words:

"The death of me will mark the end of this place..."

And with that, I suspect that is the end for this bloodline.  Perhaps it is for the best - our blood was tainted.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=103355

#128 2018-05-22 10:13:11

Trick

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=102775

Mom, why'd you leave me?

I was Gwen.  You gave birth to me in the middle of the woods, and wanted to return home with me.  Unfortunately, you hadn't set a home marker, and we got horribly lost. 

For years, we wandered the lands looking for our home.  During that time, you had my little sister Hope.  We both diligently followed you around, searching for our homeland. 

You were a good mother - you made sure we ate, and instructed us to carry food with us wherever we went.  And for years, we continued to run and search. We ran for so long that I was about to have my own children.  I told you if I had a baby, I would abandon it. 

And then it happened.  My first born child came, and I said goodbye to her.  But when I turned around, you were gone.  I frantically called out for you, but you couldn't hear me because you were already too far away.  I was devastated.  My first born had starved, and my mother and little sister had left me behind while I recovered from the birth.

I continued searching for you before I met my fate with a rattlesnake.

This was genuinely one of the saddest deaths I have had.

Last edited by Trick (2018-05-22 10:20:54)

#129 2018-05-22 14:06:23

Valences42

Eve Flash and family, thanks for a good game!

I am not sure if this is the correct family line for this story... This is a story of two guys, working hard at camp. 

If this is the right family, I think my mom was portugese and named me Uno.  Then as a toddler I watched her name another kid Tres... I ended up being "unnamed" because the game wanted that?  I guess.  We all worked hard and did our best.  Eventually, the pitter-patter of footfalls started to wane.  Come to find out, all of the others had perished!  I had a feeling it would be good to continue setting up the camp just for the heck of it... Sad to be without our ladies, cousin said "Sometimes it's just like that...".  Not giving up hope, I told my cousin of that one time I spawned as Eve Carris in a giant abandoned city.

At some point yesterday my blonde cousin valiantly fought off two bears while I tried to  prepping the camp for new players to stumble upon it.  The first bear circled the camp when I was organizing the carrot farm, and my cousin quickly made a yew bow and three arrows.  It was amazing!  I heard the bear groan and die after three shots.  We thought all was taken care of.  We proudly gazed at the new bear pelt in the camp. 

I've always wanted to make a cistern, so I started gathering supplies.  My cousin said he believed in me!  I was happy to hear that.  I wandered off muttering about rocks...  Then I was milkweed farming and setting up a berry patch, and ended up having to hide out in the middle with my water pouches while the second bear stubbornly paced back and forth.  A golden hero came with more arrows!  My cousin is awesome. 

I wish I could have lived to see an Eve wander in.  The carrot farm is all set up for you, o tired wanderer.  You are more than welcome.  Please prosper and die old/happy.

I ended up dying with the milkweed farm and berry patch all set up, but my cistern project had to wait for another life.  Quicklime and ten stones is as far as I could get.  I am so determined!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=101150

#130 2018-05-22 14:15:33

Valences42

Unnamed mother, I was happy to teach you how to use sharp stones to dig up burdock and wild carrot!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=101422

Thank you for naming me Sam.  Thank you for genuinely doing your best to keep us all alive.  I could tell by the panicked way you scooped us all up that you desperately wanted us to thrive.  I was grabbing everything I could from the surrounding area and bringing it back to you.  Your words "good job daughter" spurred me on to do my upmost.

I came back to see you die while breastfeeding one more time.  I am sorry I could not do more!  You were amazing though... as a new player and under the pressures of being an Eve, I died much much earlier than you did.

I hope you keep playing and humbly learning. 

Maybe I will be your daughter again one day!

#131 2018-05-22 14:38:06

Valences42

To the Knightly family

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=100397

Your farming is epic. It was a pleasure to be a part of the finely tuned system.  The cooperation was so satisfying!

I still died as an old man, tantalizingly close to making a cistern near the farm.  So so close!

Oh well, maybe next game.

#132 2018-05-23 19:22:57

happynova

Was anyone a member of this family?

I ask because I basically founded this town.  I was Eve's granddaughter, but all my mother and grandmother did, apparently, was to dry-plant a farm.  Very stupidly, I might add, with wheat in the middle of the carrots and berries in the same farm plot.  I was the one who built the kiln so I could water (after finding the water, because my mother had no idea where it was), who later in life built the first snare and trapped the first rabbits, and so on.

It was rough, because my mother disappeared on me when I was still extremely young, but not before eating all the wild food right around the farm plot, so I had to do a lot of running around trying to keep myself fed while trying to get things done.  And the only child I had survive to full adulthood was very inexperienced, and I really didn't have time to teach her much while trying to keep us alive.  She was a champ at raising her kids, though!

Anyway. As far as I'm aware, I never founded a town before, not even with an eensy head start, so I'm really curious as to how the place evolved over the next thirteen generations.  At least one person, towards the end, was talking about making buildings with her last words, so I'm guessing it grew a lot!

I actually found a streamer on Twitch who was born there long after me, but he died in infancy and didn't see much.  I could tell the farm had moved a little (and was hopefully made less stupid), that there were wells, and that they were still keeping babies on the same patch of desert I used.  But I'm still curious.

#133 2018-05-23 19:41:58

mulgara

Trick wrote:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=102775

Mom, why'd you leave me?

I was Gwen.  You gave birth to me in the middle of the woods, and wanted to return home with me.  Unfortunately, you hadn't set a home marker, and we got horribly lost. 

For years, we wandered the lands looking for our home.  During that time, you had my little sister Hope.  We both diligently followed you around, searching for our homeland. 

You were a good mother - you made sure we ate, and instructed us to carry food with us wherever we went.  And for years, we continued to run and search. We ran for so long that I was about to have my own children.  I told you if I had a baby, I would abandon it. 

And then it happened.  My first born child came, and I said goodbye to her.  But when I turned around, you were gone.  I frantically called out for you, but you couldn't hear me because you were already too far away.  I was devastated.  My first born had starved, and my mother and little sister had left me behind while I recovered from the birth.

I continued searching for you before I met my fate with a rattlesnake.

This was genuinely one of the saddest deaths I have had.

I was Todd, your uncle/dad. I was married to Celine but couldn't find her after I came back from a rock gathering trip. She never made it back, unfortunately. We reunited later, down a few generations, as King Rarity and Queen Duchess and she filled me on what happened.

I'm sorry you didn't get to see our town. I wasn't aware Celine had any kids either!

#134 2018-05-23 19:54:13

imaDIVA

denriguez wrote:

To the old lady who, when I insisted that 6-wide carrot rows without gaps for baskets is inefficient, said "LOL R U RETARDED USE MORE SPACE FOR CARROTS" and shot me with an arrow, and who killed me again when I immediately respawned in the same place to accuse her of murder one baby letter at a time: have fun spending your lives running across farms carrying single carrots to likely full baskets. Also: you're a mean person.

OMG this is the funniest but sad story ever. Whoever that old lady was, she definitely was bitter. I hope you can avenge your deaths in another life somehow... hahahah!

#135 2018-05-24 02:16:56

Nopik

To the nameless nephew who stabbed me seconds before I died of old age-HaHa, I win!-Bb Fierce

#136 2018-05-24 02:30:08

MidgetMaker

Nopik wrote:

To the nameless nephew who stabbed me seconds before I died of old age-HaHa, I win!-Bb Fierce

sad news for the fierce family.  some blonde guy killed everyone.   my mom made a bow and tried to kill him but she didn't make it.  i raised my brother a little ways from camp but by the time we got back to the village, everyone was gone.

#137 2018-05-24 03:26:59

Nopik

MidgetMaker wrote:
Nopik wrote:

sad news for the fierce family.  some blonde guy killed everyone.   my mom made a bow and tried to kill him but she didn't make it.  i raised my brother a little ways from camp but by the time we got back to the village, everyone was gone.

That's too bad. sad

We were such a nice young village too-only five generations in and we were ready for a sheep pen.

Maybe I'll Eve there someday and be able to rebuild.

#138 2018-05-24 03:47:40

Portager

Was anyone part of the family where Queen Tulip murdered everyone some 25 generations in, http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=116472?

This is why carrot crowns are a bad idea, power makes ppl crazy.

Last edited by Portager (2018-05-24 03:48:00)

#139 2018-05-25 12:14:45

Feldspar

A bittersweet life:

When I was born I was named Sunny. I had a good mum, but there world we lived in was full of wild animals and I was her only surviving child. I became the town rabbit hunter for a while- walking very far to find the rabbits we needed for our town. One day while out hunting I found a bear- I ran for my life and got away safely, but the bear was an omen of bad things to come.

My son was born when I was fleeing the bear- I nearly lost him in the trees. I named him Storm and took him home to Ma. He was a good boy, and started helping as soon as he could, carrying on his grandmas smithing work. Unfortunately while I was raising him his older sister Rain disappeared, never to be seen again. Luckily I had another girl, born out while I was collecting rabbits. I named her Snow and brought her home. When she was old enough I bid her to collect rabbits for me while I raised her younger brothers, Wind and Hail. She happily went away- I warned her of the bear but I'm not sure she heard me. I waited so long for her to come back, but she never did. I hit menopause and knew there would be no more children. When the farm was going well I went looking for her body- and found it near where the bear had been. To add to my grief I found a patch of rabbits closer to home and far away from the bear- if only I'd known, I would not have had to send my daughter into the jaws of death!

By the time I was old only two sons, Wind and Storm, still lived. Wind had finally finished the work I could never complete- collecting enough rabbits for me to make backpacks for my sons. Once they were complete I bid my sons to leave our dying camp and find themselves wives out in the wilderness. I died of old age, not knowing what would become of my last surviving children.

just here putting off doing my assignments

#140 2018-05-26 00:37:00

Laika

To my mom Ana...

I was your son Firdaws http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=131447
You invited me to build a house with you near the village and I decided to make a sign outside. I was telling you to guess what I was writing, but you died before I finished sad
Just knowing you didn't get that closure makes me want to tear out my insides. I was writing 'Calamari' before I found out I couldn't make an 'M', didn't find it on the wiki either.
We can both rest easy now! Your house is still a mess of half adobe walls though.

#141 2018-05-26 05:30:10

Aurora Aurora

Aname wrote:

There was a hero born in a village! his normal name was Simon! in his youth simon was a little brat and stole carrots from the seed row! One guy hated Simon and wanted him dead! Simon like the coward he was ran to his mommy for help. his mom made a knife for him so Simon could protect himself! When the guy who hated Simon came back he had a bow! The mean guy was Leo he tried to defend the seed row but everyone saw through his disguise. He was just an mass murderer. Simon saw that Leo killed a boy who picked from the seed row! but there was enough carrots and enough seed rows. So simon knew he had too do something so he grabbed his knife and stabbed the scumbag. Leo dropped on the ground screamed that he hated everyone and died. Simon was an hero.
And then some years later a god from the heavens destroyed a sign! and only the chosen one could pick up the sign!
everyone tried but failed. But then Simon tried to pick it up and he picked it up with all his power. He lifted the sign and everyone saw that Simon was the chosen one! From that moment his name wasnt Simon Anymore But he became the HUMAN SIGN!
He did the lords work and helped people from the city and said where the farm where! because that was the text of the sign! he screamed day and night where the farms where. he got fed by the townies. he stayed strong and was an real super hero!
People said The Human sign was just some crazy deranged person! some say he was an hero. but everyone liked him. they gave him food like he was an god.
But Then got The Human Sign a Message from the Gods! he was needed in the future.
The human sign knew he had to leave his village behind an help the world. and so he did! he left the village people thought he died of starvation but that was just an lie. The human sign is still alive! saving people in the future.
This is the story of The Human Sign. Who knows maybe he was just an Deranged crazy person. Or maybe he was an real super hero!
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … l_id=97137

Bitch I was Leo! You were just plain greifing! You destroyed two kilns and picked all our seeds despite we telling like a hundred times to not do it!  Sadly I fucking missed
You and hit another dude (sorry about that)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#142 2018-05-26 20:13:57

happynova

To my new least favorite person, the idiot who stood forever in the middle of the bakery prattling inanities and interfering with my work, then had the audacity to exclaim in distress that there was no food:

Yes, it bloody well was your fault.  That thing you were standing in front of, that I and multiple other people constantly, desperately asked you to move away from, was the last raw pie we had made, and I could not freaking pick it up and cook it because of you.  By the time you finally moved, with a 'hmph,' the oven had gone out, and someone had walked off with the axe so I couldn't make kindling to light it again, even after we got more raw pies made.  If I'd been able to cook that pie, I would not have died in front of you.  If I hadn't wasted so much time trying to get you out of my way, I would have found the axe sooner and been able to cook more pies.  No one would have starved.  I tried to tell you, but you didn't listen.

Your.  Fault.

There.  They're almost certainly not going to read this, but the rant made me feel better. smile

Also, guys, please, please, please make sure to always leave a hatchet or an axe near the fire or the bakery, and if you absolutely have to take it, chop some kindling first, then bring the implement back when you're finished.  No kindling means no pies, no forge, and, unless someone is really conscientious with the logs, some very chilly babies.

While I'm at it, please also bring your damn plates back.  Thank you.

(Yes, there are reasons why the bakers so often seem to be grumpy. smile)

#143 2018-05-27 02:54:05

Nopik

To my Mother With Many Dead Children:

You were an Eve who decided to give all your kids a chance. You told me that all your kids lived until they had hair, then you left them next to bushes to see if they lived. You seemed very excited when you saw me alive with a basket and stone and burdock. You took me and Little Sister to your unhomed camp and left us to get more supplies. Unfortunately, you did not come back. Little Sister suicided, starving in camp right next to food, but I lived out my life and left behind a starter camp with some dead rabbits, dry planted carrots, watered berrys and a few dry milkweed and wheat plots.

I lived the kind of life I prefer, starting a new camp without having to worry about feeding kids (since I was male).

I like the start you gave me and think this is a good compromise between abandoning and starving from too many kids.

Thank you

Keniya Sonderman

#144 2018-05-27 02:59:45

YAHG

Nopik wrote:

To my Mother With Many Dead Children:

You were an Eve who decided to give all your kids a chance. You told me that all your kids lived until they had hair, then you left them next to bushes to see if they lived. You seemed very excited when you saw me alive with a basket and stone and burdock. You took me and Little Sister to your unhomed camp and left us to get more supplies. Unfortunately, you did not come back. Little Sister suicided, starving in camp right next to food, but I lived out my life and left behind a starter camp with some dead rabbits, dry planted carrots, watered berrys and a few dry milkweed and wheat plots.

I lived the kind of life I prefer, starting a new camp without having to worry about feeding kids (since I was male).

I like the start you gave me and think this is a good compromise between abandoning and starving from too many kids.

Thank you

Keniya Sonderman

I used to love to find little starter camps, is so nice when you are Eve. They not as common as before but still find em often enough.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#145 2018-05-27 03:24:17

Nopik

YAHG wrote:

I used to love to find little starter camps, is so nice when you are Eve. They not as common as before but still find em often enough.

I like leaving a camp behind that will not decay. I always hope that I will Eve there or a place like it and be able to expand on it. This has happened a few times, and they've been the best lives. Especially when I can raise one or two daughters and help them build a sustainable town.

On a related topic, I have Eved in a town that looked like it hadnt had time to decay (carrots ready to pick) but there were no fresh graves and no people. Does anyone know if the decay timer is dependant on the presence of a player? Or was it just really lucky timing?

#146 2018-05-27 11:47:28

SaeKato

This is to my mum, who just wanted me to take a journey to the bell.
Before I could walk, my uncle kidnapped me and let me die in the desert.
I hope you find the city, mom : c

#147 2018-05-27 22:08:13

Sibiohan

To my beautiful knife wife Andromeda. I’m sorry you were murdered trying to protect our last row of seeding carrots. I was murdered shortly after by my own mother trying to stop your killer. The town did not deserve you, and it’s karma that everyone died.

#148 2018-05-28 02:17:55

happynova

To my baby brother, Tommy, from Ricky.

Mom told me to take care of you just before you died, and I tried.  I really did.  I found food for us -- had mom only known we were just a few steps from a veritable trove of wild food when she died! -- and I fed you berries until you could eat for yourself.

It was just us two boys, so no founding a lineage for us.   But you said you didn't know how to do anything but smith, and I thought, aha!  This is a great opportunity!  I will teach you all my wilderness survival skills.  There is no better time for some useful lessons than this: surrounded by food, no babies to take care of, no pressure to carry anything on.

I told you to stay by the berries, and I'd find milkweed and show you how to make a fire bow.  I went off, full of enthusiasm.

And then I stepped on a goddamned snake and died. 

Sigh.  So sorry bro.

#149 2018-05-28 03:21:34

startafight

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=152844

raley you tried to protect the seeding row. i saw you died right after i did and that saddened me but i hope you were able to protect the carrots in your next life. im most proud of you dear boy

#150 2018-05-28 08:07:21

Tenshio
Website

To Carrie Lucky
I don't know how or why you killed Pepper Lucky and Furious Lucky
but I want to thank you for what you did

I'm Ida Lucky the one who killed by her own husband, even I don't know if he's being true or just trolling me
I was born by a good mother, she asked me if I can bake a pie, but I only can help a bit.
So I grew up and works on making the pie, until I realized that the carrot farm are declining.

Then I work on the carrot farm, trying to make it more productive. While working on that farm, Pepper saw me
He said that I'm beautiful and ask me to be his wife. I accepted and he was so sweet at first, giving me his sheep clothing and a rose
that damned pink rose

He ask for child and from there I have 5 children (although the first one ran away). He said he likes to travel so I know he'd rarely be at town
I keep working on the farm and ask the children to work on the farm or pie making.
I think Pepper also left some pies for me to eat while working (I'm not sure if it's him who left the pies)

Until one day someone working on the farm said there was a murder, we were panicking and see the body
and I was really surprised that it was my own son Troy. He works so hard on the farm, so why kill him?

I was devastated but I still try taking care of other kids while farming. Then Pepper came, so I said our son was murdered.
He was surprised at first, then ask me to follow him.
He show me a girl name Furious Lucky, and then I was stunned that she stabbed me with her knife.

I want to run and tell people the one who murdered me and my son is her and that damned pepper, but I can't.

Thank you for killing him and her, I saw he killed someone too and Furious killed lots of ppl too.
Thank you for the girl who worked together in the farm with me, trying to take my son body and move him.

Oh and for the nameless man who was my great uncle, you worked hard and I buried you on the graveyard like you asked me too
thank you for your hard work, even when you're nameless you work so hard on everything!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=157742

Board footer