One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#351 2018-07-12 06:37:20

EllynEve

Re: Missed Connections

Mirelli wrote:

What a crazy fun life. I was a nameless boy since I was born before my mother even realized she had birthed me. My grandmother raised me up in our huge town and I ran off as soon as I had hair. By the time I found my mother, I was just too old to be named. There wasn’t much to be done that people weren’t already doing so I decided to mess around with the update. Lots of new things to try and the healing system intrigued me the most.

Paramedic was my calling. My uncle Elroy and his sister (who I can’t remember the name of sry!) were trying to figure out how to save people. Uncle Elroy taught us how to make sterile pads, to stitch up wounds, and all the other good stuff. My aunt and I followed him around and my cousin Jessica enthusiastically volunteered to be our guinea pig. Uncle was skeptical since her survival wasn’t guaranteed, but he eventually relented. He soon got too old to test out our theories and gave his backpack with knife to me. I swore that I would carry on your legacy and I did make good on that promise.

I prepared more pads since the others had gotten dirty (also realized you can simmer them again to make them sterile!). Someone was shot with an arrow and we almost saved them but we had no more pads, so he sadly perished. We also discovered that you need to heat the knife to seal wounds.

Later on, I was told there was a party in the soup room. I foolishly walked inside and a terrible woman named Sheena locked me inside with my cousin Persis. She laughed at us as we begged her to let us out, but luckily we had plenty of soup to hold us off until someone could find the key. I wasn’t going to kill her for it if she let us out swiftly but she dragged it on for so long that I began to ponder the idea. We could have just forgotten about it but she kept milking it. Even so, as a paramedic, it went against my nature to cause harm, regardless of how she treated us.

She eventually did let us out but by that point, I had turned elderly and didn’t have much time left. Jessica and I ran to finish our experiments. I prepared the fire and kinda stole an arrow from a girl (sry) but there was instantly so much murder around us. People shot each other and stabbed each other. I was able to save two people I believe, Jessica included. I completed my life’s mission. I hope I did you proud, uncle!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=376924

This is Jessica, and I have a lot to explain from that life that happened long ago at this point lol

So, I was the one who invited you to the soup party because the griefer wanted to prank people and it was cool, we had already pranked like three people before you so I figured it'd be fine. She'd lock them in, then wait a moment and then unlock them and they'd laugh about it and move on.

I was having fun with this, and then when I came to you I thought it wouldn't last ANYWHERE as long as it did. Jackass move on my part. Sorry!!! I felt really bad. I don't know if you saw it, but I kept trying to negotiate with her and try to get her to lighten up and open it but I think she was freaked out cos she saw your knife after locking you in. I'm glad she finally let you out cos we did kind of get to our experiments..

So all that other stuff you described happened...So you DID save me, and it was awesome!! But...Do you remember the girl who was trapped in the soup room with you? vaguely? Her name was like, Petras, I think?

Petras had it in HER HEAD that I knew where the key was the entire time...the key you guys needed to get out...but I didn't!! I had no idea the griefer would take it that far and I was pretty annoyed too. But still, Petras exacted revenge on ME because she couldn't get to the griefer and ended up killing me and cussing at me the entire time I was bleeding out.

Ah, well, I had a part in it to a degree. I accepted my death. I'm sorry. As Jessica, I was well meaning, but a mad and wild thing. Jessica was experimental, in both scientific pursuits and societal. I found out many things as Jessica.  Thank you for being my Elroy, Jessica had a demented crush on Elroy. She could not express her feelings any other way.

#352 2018-07-12 07:01:50

EllynEve

My Dear Great Uncle, San Ruppenthal.

In Memoriam,

You were my father, my mother was willing to raise me but you had wanted a child so dearly that you insisted on caring for me.
You tossed me in the air with glee, and fed me berries constantly. Grandma watched on in curious delight and mother watched in perplexed awe.

You raised me until I was too fat.

Then you picked up the next few babies, some less keen on having a father than I had been. They ran off from you, and you grew sad and increasingly dumb.

Your little girl still adored you, and saw that you blamed your male pattern baldness on your brain size decreasing..so I gave you a hat to cover your insecurity.

Then you started talking about your junk's hair and how unfair things were and I was confused but supportive.

A baby died and your heart shattered the size of a thousand volcanoes erupting.

Uncle tried consoling you, we all did...but you were distraught and kept basketing/unbasketing her limp and lifeless body.
I stayed near,
A sister brought you a daughter, Charlotte, to help distract yourself.

Nothing seemed to work.

The last of your hair was thinning. Your brain was decreasing.

Ichiro, why? Why did you kill this kind and confused man?

Did a part of you feel sorrow for him and saw that he needed euthanasia?

I did not understand at the time, but maybe I do now...

Even though you turned on me as I flung insults at you for killing this kind and charitable soul, and I succeeded in cursing you and having my relations curse you once more,

I forgive you.
We talked for a bit as you lay wasting in the berry fields, Ichiro Ruppenthal.
You said you were needing to die because of your murderous deeds. You retired as a murderess.
We laughed at your poor excuses of confusing me for a rabbit when you attempted to arrow me, many years prior.

And, lest we forget,
My mother, Nia..who I would later discover you had killed...

Maybe I don't exactly forgive you, Ichiro..
But I hope you got what you wanted out of this life.

Last edited by EllynEve (2018-07-12 07:02:40)

#353 2018-07-12 17:27:07

TheShyOne

To my beloved family:

I was a berry farmer, named Berry.  It was a great life.  Nearly perfect.  All thanks to you guys.  I managed to live to 60 years, despite being a total noob with only one or two short, tragic lives under my belt before this one.

Mom:  Your name was Silje.  I just thought of you as mom.  It was only my second or third time in the game since the tutorial.  I was worried I wouldn't be of much help.  I said I knew how to farm berries because I'd seen YouTubers farm carrots.  I was too much of a noob to know berry bushes were different.  But you taught me when you realized.  You were patient with me.  And you gave me a purpose.  To farm berries.  Not very noble, but I loved it.  And I did it till I died of old age, just like you wanted.  You were the best mother I could ever ask for.  I'm sorry I never had any daughters to pass the name Berry onto.  I hope one of my sisters did.

My sisters:  Ash, Larson, and Omelia.  I'll never forget how much you helped me. You helped me farm, fed my children, and kept our little civilization alive.  I was talking to one of you, reminiscing about how great a life it had been when I died.  I never got to send my last thank you.  So, thank you.  Thank you for being the best family I ever had in this game.  And thank you for carrying on the family with your daughters.  I hope one of you was able to pass on the name Berry and give them my job.  I remember little Cooper (or something like that)  was farming about the time I died.  I hope she kept the farm alive.  And I hope you guys survived for me.  And to the sister who lost her daughter and grandchild, I'm so sorry.  I tried shoving berries into the kid's mouth, but they died anyway.  If I hadn't been to old I would've fed them normally.  You guys were the best sisters I could have.

To my sons:  Sorry if I wasn't the best mother.  Again, I was a noob.  Your names were John, Mark, Tom, Mike, Nate.  I know one of you found a horse, and another was making plates.  I hope you kept our civilization alive and took care of your cousins.  One of you brought my sister's grandchild to me after their mother died.  I tried to keep them alive, but they also died.  I know I promised to keep them alive.  I'm sorry I failed you. And thank you to the son who dealt with my refusal to let some berry bushes die.  You were right, I'm sorry I kept getting in your way.  I think you ended up destroying most of the extra berry bushes once I gave up on them.  All in all, you were great kids. 

And to my one daughter who ran off after birth:  Why?  You could've been the next Berry.

To all of you:  Thank you for helping me live the best life I could have hoped for.  It was one of the best times I've had playing video games.  I hope we'll meet again, in another life.

Last edited by TheShyOne (2018-07-12 17:34:26)

#354 2018-07-12 17:43:39

Neo

TheShyOne wrote:

To my beloved family:

I was a berry farmer, named Berry.  It was a great life.  Nearly perfect.  All thanks to you guys.  I managed to live to 60 years, despite being a total noob with only one or two short, tragic lives under my belt before this one.

Mom:  Your name was Silje.  I just thought of you as mom.  It was only my second or third time in the game since the tutorial.  I was worried I wouldn't be of much help.  I said I knew how to farm berries because I'd seen YouTubers farm carrots.  I was too much of a noob to know berry bushes were different.  But you taught me when you realized.  You were patient with me.  And you gave me a purpose.  To farm berries.  Not very noble, but I loved it.  And I did it till I died of old age, just like you wanted.  You were the best mother I could ever ask for.  I'm sorry I never had any daughters to pass the name Berry onto.  I hope one of my sisters did.

My sisters:  Ash, Larson, and Omelia.  I'll never forget how much you helped me. You helped me farm, fed my children, and kept our little civilization alive.  I was talking to one of you, reminiscing about how great a life it had been when I died.  I never got to send my last thank you.  So, thank you.  Thank you for being the best family I ever had in this game.  And thank you for carrying on the family with your daughters.  I hope one of you was able to pass on the name Berry and give them my job.  I remember little Cooper (or something like that)  was farming about the time I died.  I hope she kept the farm alive.  And I hope you guys survived for me.  And to the sister who lost her daughter and grandchild, I'm so sorry.  I tried shoving berries into the kid's mouth, but they died anyway.  If I hadn't been to old I would've fed them normally.  You guys were the best sisters I could have.

To my sons:  Sorry if I wasn't the best mother.  Again, I was a noob.  Your names were John, Mark, Tom, Mike, Nate.  I know one of you found a horse, and another was making plates.  I hope you kept our civilization alive and took care of your cousins.  One of you brought my sister's grandchild to me after their mother died.  I tried to keep them alive, but they also died.  I know I promised to keep them alive.  I'm sorry I failed you. And thank you to the son who dealt with my refusal to let some berry bushes die.  You were right, I'm sorry I kept getting in your way.  I think you ended up destroying most of the extra berry bushes once I gave up on them.  All in all, you were great kids. 

And to my one daughter who ran off after birth:  Why?  You could've been the next Berry.

To all of you:  Thank you for helping me live the best life I could have hoped for.  It was one of the best times I've had playing video games.  I hope we'll meet again, in another life.

Hey daughter, Glad that you made it to 60. I know that berry farming wasn't the most exciting job but it was important to have someone taking care of it.

Did you know there is a family tree browser, You can find our family here.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=531979

#355 2018-07-12 17:52:47

Jk Howling

To my nameless family

I was born to a nameless eve in the middle of nowhere. She seemed to decide to keep me, and I figured I'd stick around, if only because sometimes being the daughter of an eve can be similar to an Eve run itself. She fed me pretty regularly, but still didn't name herself.

I finally got old enough and asked multiple times for a name. Eventually she grabbed me and deemed me Evil [short for Evilyn]. Apparently I'm evil for wanting a name. Great! Not that it really mattered since no last name to pass on, but hey. Better than nothing.

I ran off after that. Glad to see she died to a bear, clearly she wasn't getting anywhere given her success rate with children. Or maybe they suicided. I nearly did.

Being a pseudo-eve, I made a basket and got my sharp stone, and headed into the unknown. Usually my goal for these kind of runs is to find a suitable camp spot before I start having children, but I usually have to sacrifice my first few before I do.

This time was different. I found a pretty decent spot fairly quickly. Patch of desert, some ponds nearby, a big grassland close at hand. It was a bit of a run to collect things, from what I remember, but it was the best I could find on short notice.

Had a daughter, who suicided, then a second one that stuck around. I'm kinda annoyed at myself for not having given her a name. I was so focused on getting the eve camp running that it slipped my mind. By the time I went back to name her, she'd grown too old. But then, its not like I had a family name to pass on anyways.

We had a a farm and iron tools going by the time I died, I think. I don't remember a whole lot of the later years in that life, had quite a few that day and they blurred together a bit.

I'm surprised to see yall made it to gen 13. Probably one of my longer reigning runs so far, at least from an eve/daughter-of-eve. Proud of y'all! Unfortunately it looks like the bad success rate with children ran in the family, but definitely made it longer than I'd hoped. Best of luck next time!

-Has ascended to better games-

#356 2018-07-15 16:32:03

Dandylion
New User

I was born a female to a budding civilization, my mother named me Storm. I was her last child, I never met my siblings save for a couple brief moments. I grew up watering berry bushes but aspired to something more, so for my adolescence, I created a milkweed farm. My dreams came to an end when my till broke & I had no knowledge of how to fix it or create another one. After wandering through the village for a year, I came upon a woman whose time was dedicated to creating omelets. I asked if I could help & she said sure. My first few omelets were great, but then I gave birth in the middle of another & ended up burning it, which caused it to stick to the rock. While tending to my new child, who I named Annie, another person scrapped the egg off my rock. I carried Annie around the village, showing her the different parts & telling her how she'd fit in. Annie was wiser than me, however, for as soon as she could handle a stone, she took off to contribute & I did not encounter her again for many years. Shortly after Annie begun integrating into society, I birthed another child before I could begin my omelet process again. I named this daughter Bailey, but sadly, she did not live very long. I set her down by the fire for a moment to feed myself, & she wandered off, perishing from starvation just a few feet away. Years passed then. I had picked up a basket & foraged dozens of eggs from the geese up North. Our tribe never knew hunger for how many omelets we produced. I spoke with my mother, the second time since she had taught me how to be a berry farmer & I integrated into our family. She asked me how life was & how her grandchildren were. I told her the sad tale of Bailey. I learned how hardened of a woman my mother was as, to the fact of my deceased child, she said, "It happens" as though I spoke of the burnt egg instead. I birthed one final child then. This one, my mother named Hibo. My mother hobbled some feet away as her final moments creeped upon her. As Hibo suckled my chest, I gushed about what a wonderful teacher she had been & how grateful I was to her. The breeze that would carry away her ashes graced our village, her final words were an instruction: “Don’t do anything naughty with my corpse.”

Hibo grew to be our favorite, everyone's favorite. She was adorned with sheep's pelts & a hat fashioned out of a wolf’s head. I learned of Hibo's generous nature as, one day, she handed me that hat she had been gifted from an unknown cousin. Gratefully, I told her she could have it back the day I perished. My children, then grown, contributed to society as they would. With just a few years left, I ventured back north for more eggs. When I returned, with a new harvest of eggs, I discovered that Hibo had taken over the omelet production. With pride & sentimentality over my mother's recent passing, I had a similar chat with my daughter. With just as much pride, I think, she informed me of her omelete success, & just like that, she birthed another child. Tragedy striked then, however, as I watched my child’s inability to be productive while caring for her child. Unable, myself to feed children from my now sunken breasts, I could only unproductively hold one after another as my own child stood, mumbling about how she “could not pick them up.” Knowing the second granddaughter I held in my arms then would die as the rest, I quietly named her Bailey & set her down as Hibo disappeared to the North, unable to face her tribe, I thought. I encountered Annie shortly after these horrors. As naturally as I had those years ago, she resumed Hibo’s dismantled projects strewn across my once glorious omelete haven. With grace she alternated between the two children in tow & the eggs. Knowing I had less than a handful of years left on this earth now, as my stomach shriveled & my hair silvered, I gifted Annie that hat fashioned from a wolf’s head & exchanged a few simple words of explanation as to why she was receiving this treasured item, not Hibo. Taking a final pie from the plentiful baskets circling our ovens, I toured our great village as my time crept upon me. Our sheep roamed freely around now, milkweed bunches were found every twenty feet, fires were set at convenience, the buddings of a carrot farm were being made, & the berry farm was as fruitful as ever. I settled back down next to my child & her children, near those fires that never expired through dozens of omelettes. I perished at age 57 from starvation, rather than eating another pie that would’ve gotten me through those 3 final years; preservation of the young ones was a better investment, as it had always been.

To Hibo & Annie & the plethora of cousins we encountered along the way, thank you for your service & dedication to this family. May our bloodline continue for generations.

Last edited by Dandylion (2018-07-15 16:38:52)

#357 2018-07-15 16:56:05

Aurora Aurora

To my great uncle Edwin Ii

You didn't know me and I didn't know you. I was just a kid when you died, not even able to grab. But I already knew my fate was going to be the same as yours, dying alone and forgotten. So I decided to bury you under a tree when I was finally old enough to pick up a basket. I gave you a gravestone with the word "Uncle" on it and a rose bush.
It was nothing special but I just thought you'd like to remembered even if it was just by some random boy you never even knew.

Thats all.

Love,
Your great nephew Eliot Ii

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-07-15 16:56:33)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#358 2018-07-15 18:16:26

forestglade

I killed my first bear.

That is all.

#359 2018-07-15 18:41:41

JonySky
Website

forestglade wrote:

I killed my first bear.

That is all.

The bear had a family, and they were waiting for him at home for dinner ... I curse you

#360 2018-07-15 19:22:30

forestglade

I curse you back.

It took three arrows. I was pretty proud of myself.

#361 2018-07-15 19:23:33

forestglade

Just watched the II family die off because of a griefer who killed the sheep, and did other stuff (I was too young, just saw the tail end.)

In the end it was just me and two other dudes, but we partied and did mushrooms and ate all the pies. So it was all good.

#362 2018-07-15 19:55:11

West

forestglade wrote:

Just watched the II family die off because of a griefer who killed the sheep, and did other stuff (I was too young, just saw the tail end.)

In the end it was just me and two other dudes, but we partied and did mushrooms and ate all the pies. So it was all good.

Hi Abby! wink

Well shortly after you died my time also came. We left a very lonely king behind lol

Last edited by West (2018-07-15 19:55:23)

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#363 2018-07-15 20:59:26

Schlorghan

To my daughter (forget her name). Who's corpse was in my arms as i died.

And NOT to Nate who tried getting me to work as I held my dead daughter, he almost ruined my last words and I LIED, I do NOT care about you... but I would do the same,only for the last words, sooooooooooo yeah

I prefer kidnapping to giving birth.

#364 2018-07-15 21:22:39

forestglade

West wrote:

Hi Abby! wink

Well shortly after you died my time also came. We left a very lonely king behind lol

Hello smile You're the first person to name me that's not my Ma!

#365 2018-07-15 22:42:02

FounderOne

To my mum Kit,

we finished the stone walls around our home, some flooring was missing but I brought some more logs and people were working on it.

your son
Roxana

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=570481

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#366 2018-07-15 23:32:13

Dacen

Greetings to you Jonas Solem, the psychopatic guy killing people and talking rude, but not a griefer, thinking it was the best mean to save his town. Despite your attitude i even liked you at the end. I burried you next to your two sis. I know it's a waste of shovel, time and all, and i should die for that, but you was hardworking between two drama scenes and at deathdoor, told me where was iron vein after complaining about how people are dumb (everything in it's time huh wink )

(was Phoenix)

#367 2018-07-16 11:04:05

LodiaVDH

Dacen wrote:

Greetings to you Jonas Solem, the psychopatic guy killing people and talking rude, but not a griefer, thinking it was the best mean to save his town. Despite your attitude i even liked you at the end. I burried you next to your two sis. I know it's a waste of shovel, time and all, and i should die for that, but you was hardworking between two drama scenes and at deathdoor, told me where was iron vein after complaining about how people are dumb (everything in it's time huh wink )

(was Phoenix)

Heyyy ! I was your Eve ! Can you tell me a little about how the camp I started with my kids turned out ? Do you know how we died out ?

I had so many kids and they all helped a lot, but then only one daughter survived, your Great Grandmother Juni. When I saw we hitted 7 generations I was a little proud, never made it this far as an Eve.

It's possible the shovel you are talking about was the one my daughter Juni made to bury me, as she promised before I died. I told her it wasn't necessary, but eh, she was too cute for this world. Anyway I really liked your story, tell me more !

#368 2018-07-16 11:26:13

Micca

To my daughter Karen - I wish I had let you starve as a kid!
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=577211

Last edited by Micca (2018-07-16 12:13:55)

#369 2018-07-16 13:56:39

Dacen

LodiaVDH wrote:
Dacen wrote:

(was Phoenix)

Heyyy ! I was your Eve ! Can you tell me a little about how the camp I started with my kids turned out ? Do you know how we died out ?

I had so many kids and they all helped a lot, but then only one daughter survived, your Great Grandmother Juni. When I saw we hitted 7 generations I was a little proud, never made it this far as an Eve.

It's possible the shovel you are talking about was the one my daughter Juni made to bury me, as she promised before I died. I told her it wasn't necessary, but eh, she was too cute for this world. Anyway I really liked your story, tell me more !

When i came we had a very little berry farm west, where was ponds, 5-6 rows all of carrots south, a kiln and an oven, a smith hammer and a single backpack. It was some min before Amelia died (your granddaugther).

Some people was clearly beginners (or lazy guys, don't know) and we was soon close to famine. Thanks to the high amount of cactus south west and the eggs most of us survived. I expanded the berry farm to maybe twenty bushes, with the help of some kids. Soon i saw someone have made axe and hoe (no shovel, maybe the first was lost or never existed).
Things started to turn bad when Jonas killed Sabrina and began to talk rude to everyone. This partially ended in another famine, cause the few people doing things and not dying, me my mom and my aunt, where busy at him. I chased him with his bow some time, he made another and chased me, and after i stole his second bow we made a peace more like a cold war. In the meantime lot of young people died for various reasons. We made the shovel at this time. Finally we ended with one girl, Ondine, who made it to adulthood. She pooped off baby girls and baby boy. We fixed the food again and was very large on our supplies. I burried mom, my aunt and Jonas, my uncle afterall, in a separate graveyard (the main was south, this one was east in the shade of some trees). When i died it was Ondine, her childs, two boy and one girl, running around. One boy was building a pen. All was good, so i can't really talk about how it ended but, according to the large supplies and the family tree, it looks like the girls Ondine had just didn't make it when the boys did it. A sad and common end.

Last edited by Dacen (2018-07-16 13:57:56)

#370 2018-07-16 18:44:42

LodiaVDH

Dacen wrote:

When i came we had a very little berry farm west, where was ponds, 5-6 rows all of carrots south, a kiln and an oven, a smith hammer and a single backpack.
[...]
A sad and common end.

Thank you so much for all these details ! I really like your story.

#371 2018-07-17 01:40:11

Nopik

Dear Eve Shera:

You were alone on a deserted server when you got a surprise baby boy, me. You named me Romulus and took me with you on your search for a place to settle. We found a “not terrible” place and we set up a camp. We harvested all the milkweed around, and there was just enough to make fire plus one snare. During my milkweed hunt, I noticed that we were surrounded by rabbits, so I decided to make two backpacks so we could find a better place.
  I snared and cooked enough rabbits for the backpacks and some food, but we still needed thread. I was greatly saddened to find your body near the ponds to the south when I went to look for more milkweed.
  I did eventually find milkweed far to the east and was able to make a backpack and sealskin coat for myself, but by then I was starting to get old. I used my last years to find wheat and make a few pies to take with me in my next life when I look for a better place.
  You told me you hadn’t played the game in a while and were out of practice. I hope you keep playing and we can meet again someday.

Your son, Romulus

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=587781

#372 2018-07-19 07:56:34

EllynEve

Pharo family-

This is Striker Pharo. Lived to 57. Male.

I was born to a reluctant mother who almost abandoned me because she was resentful of the inevitable -- pregnancy.

She continued to tend to her rabbits closely as I wandered between a family of rabbits, silently expectant.

Bevin, my mother, you could practically hear her eyes roll as she lifted me and said 'fine' and then asked me to follow her, and that it wasn't anything against me personally, but rather her heart was set on rabbits. Fate doesn't always deal us decent cards.

I went to follow dutifully when she stopped, turned back and named me, "You are Strong." Though, my name appeared as 'Striker.' I fondly considered both to be my name.

Bevin had her daughter feed me, which was done with great enthusiasm. Thank you, Smaran. You were a wonderful sister. Someone later dropped a backpack and I quickly caught it, it contained carrots. Thank you.

As I grew older, I admired my mothers independence and duties. I spied a bow and arrow sitting idly, almost naive to the nature that could bestow upon it if the wrong hands caught wind. I felt a magnetism to the material. I filled my pack with determination and food and set north, not minding the lack of home marker but relying on my sense of direction.

That's where I found them.

The troublesome wolves I would later learn had overtaken many family member, including my dear late sister Smaran.

I shot at the wolf but he deftly maneuvered my hits.

I followed and fed, training my body that hadn't much experience in kills.

I caught him, and took the hide back to my mother. She made a hat and wore it, proud of me. My heart rang. I was an accident, but I proved to be worth her sacrifice. I beamed and ran to get another, as her voice rang through my mind: "Get dog hats!"

I came back with yet another 'dog hat', but to only discover my frail mother. She was weak, and no longer could do what she loved to do, which was hunt. I was determined to make my wolf hat so we could both wear them together...but my stubbornness caused me to lose sight on her growing weakness...and she perished.

Another had found her hat, and was wearing it. I kept silent, for I was shamed for not being there for my mother. This person approached me, and asked what I was hunting. I meekly sounded, "a few wolves..and a boar near the city."
Her elderly yet spritely head tilted, "No goose?" I shook my head. "Go get a goose, and I'll get you a needle to make your hat."

Moments later I was back with a de-feathered goose.

She sounded in agreement, impressed with my speed. Another man stood by watching as he tended the coals.

"Have this hat instead. This was your mothers, I believe. She wanted you to have it." I silently took the headdress, placing it on my head gently. "Thank you.." I responded.
When I glanced back at her she was looking back at me expectantly again. "Now go get mouflon. Get a baby."

Moments later yet, I arrived back with a lamb.
"Nice, Nice!" She nodded thoughtfully. My auntie (not sure if she was or not, but at this point I considered her as such) looked me up and down and added, "You. You are a good kid." She pointed me to the pen to encase the lamb into.

I saw my cousins and relations nod in agreement towards me as I proudly led my lamb into the pen. I saw a small boy tripping frantically behind me in a wolf hat, dressed similar to me.
"Hey!!! HEY!" He clamored, practically falling. I stopped and I turned as I was about to lead into the pen with this lamb I had no idea what to do with, and now this wild child was chasing after me?
"What's up lil' dude?" I responded, slightly eager to continue as I felt my stomach rumble.
"SON!" The kid squeeked. "Son?...." the gears in my head turned...

"I'm Bevin! I was your mom!" The kid spoke in broken, long phrases.
My eyes widened and my heart flew. My mom was this child!!

The story continues on as such.
This kid (mom) helped me get the sheep in, this other dude tried to help...but turned out the trio of us had no idea what to do with the pen because there was this hole we didn't see in it and we were cartoonishly trying to contain the baby sheeps and I was killing the adult sheep. We finally figured out how to secure the pen...but consequently, one of the dudes with us shut himself inside right after he found out. He was celebrating his success and then realized he was doomed. My bow was also in there. RIP. Last I remember, my reincarnated mother was telling me how happy I made her, how I protected the town from animals and that it was hard being a woman.
My last words were telling them I was on forums.

big_smile

Love you, my Pharo's! I had actually been born into this fam before but I was abandoned then. I'm glad I was born into THIS gen! I loved this group of people. They were all very respectful.

Last edited by EllynEve (2018-07-19 08:01:49)

#373 2018-07-19 10:10:16

willfrank84

Hey Striker :-) This is Bevin. I came onto the forums thinking about how I would love to be born as a twin/triplet/quad eve some time. Really get a town thriving at the start. Saw the missed connections section and decided to see what people put in here and was delighted to read your story.

Sometimes I get it in my head I'm going to change a town for the better by getting everyone backpacks and then popping out babies who may or not be a value to the town feels time consuming. You turned out to be well worth my time ;-) That daughter of mine looked after one of your siblings before you so I had a feeling she might want to again.

After you died the town continued to do well. An old man told me a child was threatening to kill for backpacks and I chased the little bugger around town with that knife. He swore he would be reborn and try to wreck the town after I stabbed him. The sheep you brought back made lots of poop, which was key to composting. We would have ran out of soil otherwise so it was a help. I did some more rabbit snaring and made lots of backpacks. There was two smiths pumping out tools like clockwork, the farms were tended by children, and I saw a woman with a cart bringing back loads of tinder for the smiths.

It would be cool if we could play together as twin eves some time. all we need to do is suicide on our first few families and they'll make us eves. Maybe keep the first female born and wait on others until we got a farm thriving near a marsh. The benefit of us being twin eves would be if/when we die, we might be able to get reborn thru the other lineage.

#374 2018-07-19 10:11:45

willfrank84

Hey Striker :-) This is Bevin. I came onto the forums thinking about how I would love to be born as a twin/triplet/quad eve some time. Really get a town thriving at the start. Saw the missed connections section and decided to see what people put in here and was delighted to read your story.

Sometimes I get it in my head I'm going to change a town for the better by getting everyone backpacks and then popping out babies who may or not be a value to the town feels time consuming. You turned out to be well worth my time ;-) That daughter of mine looked after one of your siblings before you so I had a feeling she might want to again.

After you died the town continued to do well. An old man told me a child was threatening to kill for backpacks and I chased the little bugger around town with that knife. He swore he would be reborn and try to wreck the town after I stabbed him. The sheep you brought back made lots of poop, which was key to composting. We would have ran out of soil otherwise so it was a help. I did some more rabbit snaring and made lots of backpacks. There was two smiths pumping out tools like clockwork, the farms were tended by children, and I saw a woman with a cart bringing back loads of tinder for the smiths.

It would be cool if we could play together as twin eves some time. all we need to do is suicide on our first few families and they'll make us eves. Maybe keep the first female born and wait on others until we got a farm thriving near a marsh. The benefit of us being twin eves would be if/when we die, we might be able to get reborn thru the other lineage.

#375 2018-07-19 10:20:38

willfrank84

I don't know what the best way to coordinate that if you are interested. I've seen a lot of people use discord. Mine is willy#5381 if you download it and add me as a friend. Post here if you did that.

Board footer