One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#326 2018-06-29 23:53:54

happynova

Re: Missed Connections

To Shiv,

It was a pleasure to know you.  You're the first person whose life I ever saved, and it could not have been a better guy.

I'm sorry I missed your very final moments.  I went and found a shepherd to give the knife to.  I only hope he handled it responsibly.  But when I got back, you were gone.  I buried you with a grave marker, as befitting a hero.  I tried to tell everyone about the time I saved you and you saved the town, too, but you know how people are.  Didn't necessarily want to listen to an old coot like me.  Still.  I think we left the place in OK shape.

Your mom may have tried to name you "shit," but we all know a town is nothing without compost, and compost is nothing without shit, so in a weird way, man, you lived up to the name!

Love ya,
TJ

#327 2018-06-30 23:18:37

forestglade

To my son Samiul,

I'm sorry I didn't come back to the hoe. I reached food and was a few seconds away from eating a berry before I died. I hope you found other people before you died in the town sw.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=425217

#328 2018-07-01 09:03:50

DrButtCheeks

Jasmine Markin,

After mom (Eve Markin) said sorry to me, I was ready to accept my fate and embrace the nearest snek.  Pop control is real, I wasn't hurt by the decision and I respect mom for making it.  But you were quick to feed me, so I hopped on a warm tile and you kept me alive until I could fend for myself. I was ready to pay you back for your kindness.

I didn't want to be a burden on our home, so I was determined to settle elsewhere to conserve food supply.  I asked mom for a name and she graciously named me Milly.  As I tried to convey my plan to head East, you staggered into camp with a fresh snake bite.  I couldn't believe it, you had just saved my life not two minutes prior and now you were about to be gone forever.  "Remember me" you said before collapsing.

I think it was just you and I, mom and the others were away from camp when you died.  I couldn't waste time, I stole a basket (sorry ma), grabbed your skelly, and booked it East.  I was young yet and no food for the road so it was pretty risky, but I made it to a nice swamp/desert/green area in no time.  I almost lost you while exploring the area, but made it back just in time to start having babies.  Claire was my first, then May, a child I forgot to name (sry bb), and a son I couldn't keep.

I told them my tale, much briefer than I did here.  "All I wanna do is bury sis" I said to each of them, in hopes they'd carry on if something happened to me.  We had a kiln and fire starting tools, so I left in search of iron for a shovel and other basic tools.  On the return trip I met with what I believe to be the snek that took you from me, following me a.  I rushed to camp, and saw my daughter Claire nursing a grandchild!  I wish I could have stayed longer, but I soon fell after saying an I love you.  I didn't get to bury you sis, but I lived a good life for us.

To my Mom, thank you for naming me, I still love u even though you didn't want me.  Claire, you did well to have lots of babies!  Unfortunately they were all boys xD  Still very proud of my family, and thank you for listening to me.  Jasmine, I of course will remember you, what a dumb thing to say. <3

- Milly Markin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=427969

Last edited by DrButtCheeks (2018-07-01 09:05:34)

#329 2018-07-01 14:54:02

West

To Kai West

Hello Son,

I am really sorry for what happened and how it ended.
I should have given you the pack, the moment you asked the first time. I would not have to write this then.

Please forgive me darling

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#330 2018-07-01 15:32:52

Neo

Sorry my son for abandoning you, You survived in spite me only feeding you when I named you when I saw randoms raising you.

I wasn't ready for a baby and I busy trying to save the town. But you proved me wrong by living to 60, Too bad we parted on such bad terms.

I thought you had long starved but you came to curse me out in my finel years. You wanted to watch me die but I ran off and died of old age a few screens from you.

But you waited for me to become old and weak before coming to insult me. Was bit of a pussy move to talk shit to me when you knew I was about to die. You were probably scared I'd kill you for talking shit, There was a few weapons around.

Despite all that, I'm glad you lived to old age. It's a rare treat when any of my kids lives a full life.

PS. To the daughter that suicided. Fuck you.

You instantly ran away the second you were born. That lineage died out soon after my sons death, that's all on you suicide daughter. Bitch.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=429190

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-01 15:54:48)

#331 2018-07-01 20:05:23

zennyrpg

Dear Mom, Rella Rabbit. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=431197

Thank you for saving me.  I know I already thanked you in game, but seriously.  It was such a pleasure to live and work in that town.  I prefer life as a boy but I know that means I'm not always going to get a fair shake at life.  No one would have blamed you for abandoning me out in the wilderness where I was born, but I'm just really thankful you didn't.

#332 2018-07-01 22:32:06

fatalwolf

Sorry mom (Seline Jones) http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=431913

I lost the crown you gave me when my daughter Jasmine refused to accept leadership, some little girl picked it up when i tried to give it to Jasmine. But I will admit it wasn't Jasmines fault completely I was a bad parent but a good Queen. I abandoned my son to some old lady that wanted him I even let her pick his name she choose the name King. Then I named Fionna next in line for the crown after Jasmine since I didn't expect Jasmine to live long. Jasmine took that as a threat and stated that I loved Fionna more I told her we needed to keep the crown in the family nothing personal. The town needed a leader after me since babies were everywhere, Jasmine failed to rise to her royal status probably dooming the town to over population.

To Jasmine: If I had more time to live I would still try to convince you to be the Queen.

Last edited by fatalwolf (2018-07-01 22:33:28)

Buff fishing

#333 2018-07-02 04:52:45

Lepisma

After a slew of terrible, griefer-ridden lives, I was blessed with a lovely little Eve family (twice, actually - first as Sasha, where I starved because I was being dumb, then as Milly). Most of the family was picked off by a rascally snake, but we made do with the three of us. My son and I got the forge going and made our first tools, and my great niece tended the farm. As the last notes played, I heard a child's cry. Red brought the child over for me to see, and I couldn't help but smile. It was like a movie scene. Good luck, little Flo.

Looks like my son got eaten by a wolf shortly after I died. sad But he gave the girls a good start, so here's hoping!

Last edited by Lepisma (2018-07-02 04:54:59)

#334 2018-07-02 05:37:10

Aurora Aurora

fatalwolf wrote:

Sorry mom (Seline Jones) http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=431913

I lost the crown you gave me when my daughter Jasmine refused to accept leadership, some little girl picked it up when i tried to give it to Jasmine. But I will admit it wasn't Jasmines fault completely I was a bad parent but a good Queen. I abandoned my son to some old lady that wanted him I even let her pick his name she choose the name King. Then I named Fionna next in line for the crown after Jasmine since I didn't expect Jasmine to live long. Jasmine took that as a threat and stated that I loved Fionna more I told her we needed to keep the crown in the family nothing personal. The town needed a leader after me since babies were everywhere, Jasmine failed to rise to her royal status probably dooming the town to over population.

To Jasmine: If I had more time to live I would still try to convince you to be the Queen.

Jasmine here. I didn’t want to live as queen because I didn’t deserve it. I always felt like second best next to Fionna. She was a fancy rabbit hunter while I was a berry farmer. She had been given an entire set of clothes at birth while I died naked. You spent much more attention and care on her, always shifting the conversation to be about her whenever you talked to me. You even said I would die so Fionna could be queen, right in front of me.

I talked to the girl who took the crown and got it back. I tried giving it to Fionna but she just said whatever and that she didn’t want it. I tried explaining how much it meant to you but she just said it wasn’t worth anything and walked away. Then a random lady placed it on her baby. Oh and then I killed my sister for being a stuck up bitch.

Sorry about that.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#335 2018-07-03 00:24:11

MidgetMaker

Bertha,

I wish i had put Logan down.  We all discussed it and your kind heart convinced me not to.  I felt sorry for the boy too.  He was raised by a lunatic so he was bound to have a few screws loose.  I saw on the lineage that he finally got his revenge on you for taking his bow. Rest easy kiddo.

your mother,

Samantha

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=439887

#336 2018-07-03 03:19:35

MidgetMaker

Uncle Eric,

I did as i promised, i buried you by your mother.  It took most of my life.  There wasn't much food, no fire, someone turned the oven into a kiln, you know the town.  I passed your knives on to one of my adopted sons (i couldn't find my sons anywhere), he was a good kid. 

Rest well Uncle,

June

nF6BPv9.jpg

#337 2018-07-05 18:30:11

happynova

To my daughter Mimi:

I was born the granddaughter of Eve, at an Eve camp that had been set up much too far from any water.  When I was still a baby, my mother and I agreed we should move east, to where there were at least a couple of ponds.  Not ideal, perhaps, but better than the nothing we had.

I spent my youth carrying our most important belongings to the new settlement.  There was already a kiln and some wet clay bowls at the old camp, and my mother said she would fire them there and then carry the bowls over.  But this took her much longer than it should have, apparently due mostly to a disappearing hatchet.  She was just starting the fire, finally, when suddenly she died.  I rushed in and took over before the tinder went out, fired the bowls, brought them and the fire-making equipment east, and helped my sister start up a farm.

By the time you were born, wild food was running thin, and the farm hadn't produced anything yet.  Still, I was hopeful I would be able to keep you alive to carry on our family line.  I took you north, to where there were still wild onions and such, and fed you for a while there. 

Then I returned home to see how things were going.  This was a mistake.  The crops were not in, there was no food there, and I was hungrier than I had realized.  I grabbed you and headed back north, but I miscalculated.  My hunger was dropping too fast, and in the spot where I thought there was at least one wild onion left, there was nothing.

I could have kept running, looking for food, but I knew I was unlikely to make it in time.  So instead, I headed back to the camp, knowing that I was doomed, but hoping against hope that my sister would be able and willing to feed you and keep you alive.

Imagine my dismay when I looked at the family tree immediately afterward, and saw that my sister had died only seconds after I did.  I refreshed, expecting to see you show up right underneath.

But I didn't.  It's now half an hour later, and you are still alive!  You must have grown up enough to feed yourself only moments after we died, and done an excellent job of keeping yourself going.

I'm sorry we left you alone at such a young age, but I'm proud of how far you've  made it.  I wish you the best of luck and many descendants.

And I'm sorry I wasn't able to show you the kiln you were asking about before I died.  Hopefully you found it.  Maybe you even found both of them.

Anyway.  Much respect to you!

Love, your mom, Cindy Lisa

Last edited by happynova (2018-07-05 18:32:56)

#338 2018-07-07 01:14:35

Nopik

Dear Mother Betty:

Thank you for taking me away from the rest of the family. You were right, it seems, that the area didn’t have enough resources. The rest of the family seems to have died off.

The little green area you found for me had one pond and enough wild food to last until I got a farm going. Being male, however, I could not continue the family. I left my camp ready for the next wanderer.

I hope I made you proud.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=477250

#339 2018-07-07 06:00:54

zennyrpg

Hi friend.  I have no idea if you had a name, I never checked.

I found you just as you were ascending from the tutorial.  Together we found a great stash of items and many dead.  I said I wanted to create a cart and I went to hunt a goose.  I know that you were older than I.  I worried you'd be gone when I came back and you were.  I cooked the goose on the hot coals you left.  GG friend GG.

#340 2018-07-07 07:26:44

Lotus

Mama,

This is Bronson. After you died, I didn’t know what to do with myself, so I spent my last years making you a grave. Eventually, a person with the last name of Butt, completely unrelated to us, wandered into town. She heard me venting to the townspeople about how I missed Mama. You’d said you’d be reborn, and come back for me, and yet I was wrinkled with age and hadn’t seen a sign of you. Knowing I wouldn’t get to see you again was killing me faster than I was aging. You coming back was a truth I’d cling to naively, hoping and waiting and being disappointed when I knew. I just wanted a family. I’d always told you I’d make you a grandma, I wanted to adopt a little girl or boy for my own.

The Butt listened to me when no one else did. I wondered if she was you, but if she was, I knew she would have reached out by then. I had no hope. Then the piercing cry of a baby erupted into my ears.

“Maybe I have a chance at being a father...” I thought, but that dream was snatched when she scooped up the child, claiming him as her own.

“I just wish I could see Mama again and show her her grave...” I sighed. Butt put down the child to console me. And then the child began crying like crazy, trying to communicate in one-letter intervals.

“B / R / O / N / S / O / N”

“?”

“I / M”

You didn’t even have to finish the sentence, and right then I knew. I knew it was you, Mama. I scooped you up in my arms.

“Mama!!!! You came back!”

“P / O / N / D” you began, as I had promised I’d bury you amongst your ponds, where you built many wells.

So I showed you the grave I spent so long working on. It had “Mother” proudly but crudely etched into its gravestone. You were amazed. You asked me how I did it, and I was quite bashful. It took a while to find skewers in a place populated by not one, but two big towns.

I told you I was running out of time to tell you, and to look it up on Onetech. And then, a second miracle...

I heard crying from the distance as a baby plummeted into view, crying for food. In an instant, I scooped her up and fed her a berry, claiming her as my own child.

“I always told you I wanted to be a parent,” I said to you with great happiness.

It was a happy ending. And I died with my daughter in my arms and you by my side, promising to bury me next to you.

Thank you for the lovely, fluffy ending to that life — usually my lives end with kids saying they’ll miss me so they get my stuff! I love you.

BRONSON AND MOM: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=480205
KIND BUTT: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=480249

Her last words... oooof. She tried to make peace with us by gifting us a clay crock — that’s how we met. And then we betrayed her by stealing from her city... that stings to think about that. Sorry on my peoples’ behalf

Last edited by Lotus (2018-07-07 07:29:18)

#341 2018-07-07 20:18:20

Bob the Blob

To the little girl that help me build a house.

I was Jay, I never got your name but you came asking if you can help me build. We spent years building a home and finished it off with the base of a bell tower and a hitching post. By this time you were bearing children and you asked me to name your daughter. I named her Chichi.

Our village got attacked by a bear and our life long work became a bear prison, keeping the village safe, whilst we frantically crafted one more arrow. Age caught up with me but in the end I was ready to take on the bear. I got a shot in but only one. He chased me down and got me right before I starved to death. I hope that he got killed in the end and that all of you were safe again. Hopefully he became the second bear rug in our awesome home.

P.S, I should've listened to you and built that floor under the door.

I used to have an open mind but my brain kept falling out.

#342 2018-07-07 22:32:35

Dacen

MidgetMaker wrote:

Bertha,

I wish i had put Logan down.  We all discussed it and your kind heart convinced me not to.  I felt sorry for the boy too.  He was raised by a lunatic so he was bound to have a few screws loose.  I saw on the lineage that he finally got his revenge on you for taking his bow. Rest easy kiddo.

your mother,

Samantha

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=439887

Hi Mom, i see that a little late, sorry
Just to tell you i reconciled with Logan, he worked next to me, opened the secret berry farm to the other, said me the old woman threatened him and he had no choice than to act rude on me and even apologized on your grave. Finally he asked me to die with him, when we will be old. i accepted but always having his bow and talking to me he finally missclicked ans shot me (i really think it was an error even with his antecedants). My last word "no" is an answer cause he asked me if we had medecine to save me. Athena was with us. He was guilty and apologized a lot. I saw he was shot soon after by Athena, i think he asked her to do it, to honor his word to die next to me. But maybe i'm naive and it was his whole plan.

Last edited by Dacen (2018-07-07 22:36:32)

#343 2018-07-08 00:09:12

Tarr
Banned

Hi Jim, we were born at the same time and dropped off at the same fire. You tried to tell your mother how you were new and were going to be a useless baby. As we grew up you seemed lost in our little village just trying to make sense of how the world worked. I decided to take you under my wings as I started to grow some beans for stew and burritos. The first thing I taught you was to make little rows of soil so we could grow our beans. You were a quick learner and the next thing you know tons of little sprouts grew from the very earth we tilled together. Just as soon as I was ready to teach you the next step you came home to the village covered in blood. Just as quickly as you came you to me you had been yanked away. As I mourned your death a little bundle of joy was born. J-I-M. Amazingly you were not only born back to the same village but to me as well. It turns out you were given another chance to learn and this time I would make sure to see it to the end.

Once I taught you burritos we moved onto stew. Jim you did such a wonderful job at helping out the town. You thought you were just going to be dead weight when in reality you probably did more in your time there than most will do in a lifetime. Before I knew it I grew too old to enjoy all the stew you made. I would have to take a back seat in your life as others offered to teach you pie while I started to get slower and slower with each passing moment. You reminded me why I fell in love with this game in the first place, this is what OHOL does best. Thank you for letting me share an hour of my time with you.

Your mother,
Sariah Gorges.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=485921

fug it’s Tarr.

#344 2018-07-09 05:40:41

Lepisma

I didn't really get to say any proper words, as I realized too late that my time was up, but good luck to my boys, Sheena, Billy, and Gregory - in this life and the next! I know I had to go fast for a lot of the lessons, but I hope you picked up some things. Sorry you didn't get a name until too late, Greg.

#345 2018-07-10 06:21:22

Realcooldude

Mom i set them up for success. Lots of tools and soup. Had a pin going with a pig and a good farm by the time i was done. Killed probably 10 other pigs in the area. Hope that holds them off for a wile. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=508550

#346 2018-07-11 00:16:28

FeignedSanity

You are rude, Theo Dragon.

Who turns a man's file into scrap? I worked hard on that DX

Didn't get to say last words, so I'm saying them here. You didn't say GG or anything, I expected better. You sir, have no class. You could've at least said nice shot tongue

Anyway, GGWP sir.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#347 2018-07-11 04:37:45

birdfeets

to my unnamed baby sister:
my name was john. we were born to an unnamed eve in the middle of the wilderness. she had my little brother, toby, and then you. mom starved before she could name you, and toby starved just after. i fed you berries until you grew old enough to work. we decided to move nearer to a swamp, so i started exploring to the north and, on the way, stepped on a rattlesnake. i tried to run back to find you but it was too late. i uttered my last words, "love you sissy," and then i collapsed.
i checked our family tree, and you survived well into adulthood and had five beautiful grandchildren. helping you was so worth it.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=514759

#348 2018-07-11 14:17:35

sc0rp

To my mother Kindle Pope,

Hi mom.  This is your daughter Temperance.  I avenged your death and killed your murderer.  Rest of family was kind of dumb though, most of them did not curse him and they let me starve after shooting him.  Hope they'll get some smart kids soon, otherwise they are doomed.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=520478

#349 2018-07-11 20:17:58

Erudaru

To my children Dara, Desirée and Secret Polo,

I can't believe you just left me alone and started a new colony without telling me. I was crying at home, thinking you were all dead, only to find your ugly secret base when I was about to die.

To my grandson Flower, thank you. You were the only one who didn't abandon me.

#350 2018-07-11 22:40:34

DJDisorder

Sorry mom, I was secret. I thought you kept me hidden for a reason, you said you had to have me away from camp?
I came down to set a marker but was loosing food going up n down a lot. Then I found my sister setting up a second area, I didn't know how big the first one was so I said I'd help her.
I thought there was a big pop at base so I wanted a backup area if famine hit the first.
Pretty much got the farm done and fruiting, when me and another boy got snake bitten by two different snakes at the same time.
Told the last girl everything was setup for her, but she said she was alone so was suiciding... sigh

Sorry we left you alone worrying.

Board footer