One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#301 2018-06-24 08:20:56

forestglade

Re: Missed Connections

Yay, Liz!

It *was* awesome! I've never had that experience before, building an entirely new civ. I had gone to gather food for you and when I came back you had an oven, plates and bowls, and I was so impressed!

Also our sister hunted, so with the three of us, we got a village going so fast. Even if the village doesn't last, I'm still proud of what we accomplished.

One of my highlights of this gaming journey smile

Thank you!

#302 2018-06-24 08:39:51

Nopik

I was November Meredith. Born the last child of a large, boy-heavy family, I found myself the only fertile female in a rather strange old town. 8th generation, but no forge, no tools but one hoe, and no food except berries. We did have a small farm, watched over by an older cousin, who decided we needed compost (which we did, badly) so he grew some carrots and wheat. I had just enough time to help him make the first batch of compost before I had my first child. I ended up having eight children with only two boy suicides. Most were killed by animals, but two daughters lived to old age and had many children of their own.
When I died, the town hadn’t changed much. My compost mostly went to keeping the berries alive, and the rest was used to make a large patch of milkweed to the south.  The sheep pen was full of sheared sheep, but no one ever made a knife to harvest them.
I’m afraid I’m not very good at dividing my attention between different activities, but I restocked that town with people and no bushes died on my watch. We have a twelfth generation now and I hope the town will last a while.

We made it through the night and got to gen 28 only to be ended by a killer named Oran.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389273

Last edited by Nopik (2018-06-24 15:07:36)

#303 2018-06-24 14:57:33

AmyJ

Greenlee, if you see this, I'm very proud of you having survived to old age! Don't worry about not having any surviving daughters, I'm just pleased you made it out of the family massacre alive.

#304 2018-06-24 15:54:35

lostlandofcarrots

Nopik wrote:

I was November Meredith. Born the last child of a large, boy-heavy family, I found myself the only fertile female in a rather strange old town. 8th generation, but no forge, no tools but one hoe, and no food except berries. We did have a small farm, watched over by an older cousin, who decided we needed compost (which we did, badly) so he grew some carrots and wheat. I had just enough time to help him make the first batch of compost before I had my first child. I ended up having eight children with only two boy suicides. Most were killed by animals, but two daughters lived to old age and had many children of their own.
When I died, the town hadn’t changed much. My compost mostly went to keeping the berries alive, and the rest was used to make a large patch of milkweed to the south.  The sheep pen was full of sheared sheep, but no one ever made a knife to harvest them.
I’m afraid I’m not very good at dividing my attention between different activities, but I restocked that town with people and no bushes died on my watch. We have a twelfth generation now and I hope the town will last a while.

We made it through the night and got to gen 28 only to be ended by a killer named Oran.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389273

I was part of this family today. I was Lucas: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=389874

It seems the family might have survived by moving to another location from the one you were in. When I was born, our place looked far more like a starter camp than a town (in fact, I assumed then I might be 5th or 6th gen. I only realized the family was an old one when I later checked the website). I hunted rabbits most of my life, took a brief break to begin making a sheep pen, which a little girl finished building, and hunted some more rabbits until I died.

Oran's massacre happened right after I died, or at the very end of my life, I'm not quite sure. I was quite miffed when I learned about it; so much effort ruined by a single player.

#305 2018-06-25 04:27:47

Bluarianknight

My name was Nick.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=394669

I had gotten 'married' with a lass, a third cousin. Had a very fun, emotional time, and just saying.. well.
It was supposed to end happily, Mo.
I'm sorry for you, and the kids.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=394667
This was Mo.

If you're Mo, hit me up.

#306 2018-06-25 04:45:11

daenerys

My dearest Nick,
I wish it had ended differently. I should have been more careful.
It was a wnoderful life honey.
I hope someday we meet again.
Love,
Mo

#307 2018-06-25 05:22:47

Realcooldude

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=388740

Ty family if you were out there. This was a fun challenging game. To bad it ended the way it did.

#308 2018-06-25 09:22:55

FounderOne

To Lance,

my stupid son Lebron killed you yesterday. All your life you provided good things to our great town. I always watched you work and run around and I felt in love with you. I think I didn't told you, but I really wanted you.

I wanted to talk to you and tell you what I felt, but you had no time because you just needed to finish something. Short after I saw you with a big wound and my stupid son with a bloody knife. I made medicine the first time, so I grabbed it and used it on you. I didn't knew that I would need a needle and thread to heal you fully. So you died just in front of us all. I grabbed your knife and killed LeBron. He got what he deserved

In my old years a lady came that had a pig and baby pig stuck on her. She couldn't do anything just walk. So we decided to stab her and try to heal her. The pig felt on the floor and I used the medicine and this time a needle with thread on her. She was healed and no longer a crippled person.

Your death was fucked, my dreams living my last days with you disappeared, but your death saved this young women. Without you I would never saved her.

Your sophia

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#309 2018-06-25 09:32:34

FounderOne

To Stalin Suzuki,

I was making the floor for a hospital. You came with a adzde and destroyed my floor without saying something.

I run in the woods and crafted a bow and arrow, headed back to town, just to see that there was a bear in town. Probatly you also let it free.

I run after you but couldn't get you, you tried to hide behind a tree, but I managed to shoot you behind the tree.
Haha, if you let me build the hospital someone may have healed you. But you decided that there won't be a hospital.

I died also  because people didn't knew who was in the right the killer saying you are a grief er or the victim saying a killer is around.

Well I didn't cared. I just cared that you were death and couldt damage the city more.

Bob

#310 2018-06-25 19:43:53

FounderOne

To the pandas,

you did so good! All of you, so sad that Hermes and Hades passed away from us so earlie!
This place will be awesome! From nothing to all.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=397759

Good to see that in gen 3 first one got murdered and in gen 3-4 a bear killed some more.

Last edited by FounderOne (2018-06-25 20:58:49)

#311 2018-06-26 02:40:25

WomanWizard

To my brother Tony,

I stabbed you with a knife, but starved to death before I could put down the murder weapon. I wasn't able to bury you like you asked, but at least we got to have that taco party, as depressing as it was.

Shame mom didn't have any girls.

Your brother,
Tom

PS. You maybe have noticed but you were my first kill. At least I know how now, and stand a better chance of stabbing griefers. Thanks bro.

#312 2018-06-26 02:55:02

forestglade

To my partying family,

I was born Bobbi Robotham, and I was a party girl. I made y'all rabbit pies spiced with special mushrooms, and tried to cheer everyone because y'all were like working so hard. I got a great party hat, and preached to you how our Ma was holy because she was an Eve and spawned in a beautiful beautiful empty town. I was prepared to work hard as a daughter of an Eve, but the town had everything we need. So I took it as a mandate to PARTY! And in the middle of my story, one of my sons claimed to be Lord Jason. So I teased the little Godling, but sadly he had to leave to crash some servers.

My bro Domoni, went into a coma in early adulthood, but I fed him as he slept: gooseberries with something extra. And he was so surprised to be alive. He partied with me till the very end.

Party on!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=399656

#313 2018-06-26 04:39:27

Sin

FounderOne wrote:

To the pandas,

you did so good! All of you, so sad that Hermes and Hades passed away from us so earlie!

Good to see that in gen 3 first one got murdered and in gen 3-4 a bear killed some more.

Hi! Gen 24 here and the town was still going strong when my life ended. My only regret is that I died before I was able to set up the obligatory filthy sign that every big town has. I made the sign and got all the letters and even the lock but died before I could put it together. Such a shame! Hopefully some other dirty minded heathen will find my stash and make use of it.

#314 2018-06-26 12:37:33

MidgetMaker

forestglade wrote:

To my partying family,

I was born Bobbi Robotham, and I was a party girl. I made y'all rabbit pies spiced with special mushrooms, and tried to cheer everyone because y'all were like working so hard. I got a great party hat, and preached to you how our Ma was holy because she was an Eve and spawned in a beautiful beautiful empty town. I was prepared to work hard as a daughter of an Eve, but the town had everything we need. So I took it as a mandate to PARTY! And in the middle of my story, one of my sons claimed to be Lord Jason. So I teased the little Godling, but sadly he had to leave to crash some servers.

My bro Domoni, went into a coma in early adulthood, but I fed him as he slept: gooseberries with something extra. And he was so surprised to be alive. He partied with me till the very end.

Party on!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=399656

Hi aunt!

I was Jasmine. I was the only girl and one point so you gave me a backpack and told me to party on!

I raised lots of babies and the lineage is still partying on 9 hours later!

#315 2018-06-26 12:59:54

Neo

FounderOne wrote:

To the pandas,

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=400727

Sorry I can't say the same about the Pandas.

I killed Barbie Panda because she killed George Panda for "stealing rocks", Barbie was running around with a loaded bow earlier so she was a suspect anyway.

Her brother later thanked me by thrusting a knife in my chest. Did he think I was a killer or did I just get stabbed for the lols.

I was just smithing peacefully and he came and stabbed me out of the blue. Idk, could be a misunderstanding.

#316 2018-06-26 14:00:59

pennedgalaxy

To Bob Panda, otherwise known as the awesome backpack man!

I was Jack Panda, the boy who you told to get a needle and thread and then gave me a backpack for it! You were a great help and your backpacks were extremely helpful, many a time the one you gave me saved my life as I moved to and fro making pies!

And also hello to Lara Panda who was my little sister in game who then asked to marry me later on, it was sweet of you to come die with me when we got old and grey, I hope Lily will do well!

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#317 2018-06-27 04:02:30

zennyrpg

Dear unknown Panda relative.  I hope you don't mind, I finished your sheep pen.

You see, I was a young boy.  I was spoiled, I had a backpack of my own as soon as I left my mother's arms.  The town was rich and I walked the main street by the berries wondering what to do with my life.  There were pies and piles of soil.  Maybe rabbits, I thought.  Then I wondered to the south west of town and saw it: a sheep pen with 3 walls.  Not just any pen, a beautiful pen.  One wall of boxes, 2 of stone.  All stone blocking corners but one with stakes already laid out.  But the 4th wall... there was no indication of your will.  I decided on something permanent rather than expandable, there was a bear cave close that made any but a small expansion moot.  I was struck by inspiration when I saw a nearby pile of snow.  I spent by formative years travelling south... I found a savanna with four rose bushes and brought back the hips.  I was losing hair by the time the roses were all grown and blooming.  I took a seed and put it in the snow for future generations.  By the time I died, the pen was filled with sheep.

Thank you, whoever you were, for making this possible.

#318 2018-06-27 05:23:13

happynova

To my beloved mom, Sunny Sol, and the Sol family.

You welcomed me so wonderfully and with so much joy, telling me I was your one hope, the only girl to be born in the family.  You urged me to keep myself safe, and I did... until the bear came.  It gored you all, one by one, in front of me.  But it didn't get me.  I got away from it.  I kept myself safe, like you told me.  And I determined I would come back and kill the bear, and take our home back for the family I would raise.

You told me there was a bow, Mom, but I never found it.  And I couldn't search too long with the bear lunging at me.  So I went off into the wilds to make my own, but the territory around our cozy little farm was so hostile, and I had to go so terribly far to find the milkweed. 

I had two daughters in the wilderness, and both left me when I told them about my quest to kill the bear.   I had a son who was willing to follow me, but he died of lag.  It's probably just as well. I don't think he could have made it back, not that far.  I began, at that point, to question whether the price was too high.  But I was so close!  I had all the arrows.  I had rope to make a bow.  I was almost ready!  I headed back to our home, eager to reclaim what was ours, and to carry on for our family, only hoping that I would be able to have more children.

But I ran into a wolf.  No, not just a wolf.  A pack of wolves.  I have never seen so many wolves clustered so tightly together before. I couldn't avoid them all.  So in the end, it wasn't the bear that got me.

But I tried, Mom.  I really, really tried.

Love,
Thea

Last edited by happynova (2018-06-27 05:23:42)

#319 2018-06-27 05:49:45

Jk Howling

I was Alex, born to a rather thriving village.

That was, til the bear stumbled in. Not sure what happened exactly, but he seemed to calm down after taking two people from us. He froze in the center of town, near the edge of the berry fields.

We had a bow but couldn't find arrows. But he wasn't attacking anymore.

Just standing there.

Watching us.

Almost expectantly.

I then decided to keep him. In a previous family, we'd had a pet wolf that was glitched out. He was set in infinite attack mode, constantly moving his head back and forth, but never dying, and never moving. He was harmless. Surely this bear was too?

I named him Kenai, after Brother Bear. He was a good pet. Seemed friendly enough for the time being. People ran all around him and he never moved from his spot.

And then I ran to his spot by accident, and he lashed out, probably defensive at having a human so close. Even his favorite human. Maybe he was just playing.

Sorry fam. Please don't blame the bear. He's a good bear. Just.. don't get too close.

op0vH7u.png

Also please be careful with my mother Luna. She's.. a bit eager with her knife. Try to stay on her good side please.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-06-27 05:51:38)

-Has ascended to better games-

#320 2018-06-28 00:47:08

Toriberry

Mom,

Your name was Pheonix. When I was born, you were firing some bowls and plates. You picked me up and told me that you had accomplished this all by yourself- your mother, an Eve, was useless. I immediately wanted to make you smile. I saw that you had laid the foundation of a farm, so I told you in my broken baby voice that I could farm for you. We took a brief walk together to find some quick berries to eat, and then I set to work planning the best farm for you. I wanted it to be aesthetically beautiful as well as productive. I set up a brief walk away from your kiln and got to work.

Last I saw you, you had just given birth to my baby brother. You put him down and ran to find some food for yourself. I didn't think anything of it. I was so focused on getting your farm started. I should've offered to help. I should've fed him berries so you could take care of himself.

I saw his bones later, in front of the kiln where you left him. I figured it was just another useless child, but I didn't beat myself up over it because it was a boy like me. We needed girls to survive, not just sons. I went back to my farm. But after a while, I was concerned because I hadn't seen you in a while. I started to panic. Where were you? Did you die in the wilderness? I had visions of you being torn apart by a wild boar, or eaten by a terrifying bear. I dropped my water bowl and began to search for you. I didn't have to look far. You died a few steps away from our new base, mere steps away from some food.

Everything that you'd worked so hard for was for naught. I was just a boy. I couldn't keep our family going. When I died, this place would be forgotten. So what was the point? I sat down next to you, and as I slowly wasted away, I imagined the fun times we could've had together.

Love you, Mom. And I'm sorry.

-Ricardo

#321 2018-06-28 23:24:22

forestglade

Eve Night,

I was Moon, your first born. We didn't make it, but we sure had an adventure wondering around the wilderness, looking for civ, finding a bear (which stupid kid did that?) And then actually finding the civ... and then dying!

I had a great time smile

#322 2018-06-29 03:40:37

Lotus

forestglade wrote:

Eve Night,

I was Moon, your first born. We didn't make it, but we sure had an adventure wondering around the wilderness, looking for civ, finding a bear (which stupid kid did that?) And then actually finding the civ... and then dying!

I had a great time smile

Dang! Yeah, I think everyone died out. Knight ended up provoking the bear but also was the only one who died to it (karma!) and when we found the abandoned civ I was amazed!

Shame we died out. I’m glad you had fun.

— night

#323 2018-06-29 04:07:31

Lotus

To “Hiba”

I was born to someone whose name I didn’t catch, for she died in front of me as the venom of a snake met her heart.

She was powerless to save me. She couldn’t pick me up. You and I could only watch as she said “sorry” in bright red text. Then she was gone.

You frantically ushered me to a nearby pool of berry bushes. “I’ll raise you bb,” you promised. I looked up to you as a baby, following you around to different patches of bushes. I recognized your last name as Sol, and the surroundings.

You see, I had just died as a Sol. I was a ten-year-old boy with a mother who wore a sealskin upon her torso. I was named Billy. But I was diagnosed with PHS (Pig Hand Syndrome) soon after the village was thrown into a famine due to “overpopulation” according to Mom. And I had died in the woods, in a spot quite close to the one I was reborn in. I had stepped past that snake many times as I trekked from town to woodland.

We eventually stumbled across the civilization, which was in shambles. Skeletons were scattered everywhere, all of the ponds had run dry, and all of the berry bushes were on their last leg. We established a system, while I worked hard at the forge to create a shovel and wells, you’d bring food to town for you, me, and the other surviving male.

He helped me smith towards the end, and you were a big help. By the time we had the well up and full of water, I was in preparation for my first child. That was when you took me aside and proclaimed my name to be “Hiba Jr.” It was an honor.

The berries weren’t producing anything when Hiba III came into this world. He looked completely different than you, but he was still given your name. And mine, too, I suppose.

When the berries gave way, I learned that you were new and began to teach you the basics, all the while having four, five, six, Hibas. I named most of my girls unique names, like Castle, Ebony, Evergreen, etc. Most of my boys were named Hiba, even those transcending that lifetime.

But my girls were not nice. They were all rude and loved to insult you. You took it with an approach I couldn’t understand; agreeing with every insult they threw at you and laughing at their insults. I could tell that you didn’t like it, but whatever floats your boat.

Everything was running smoothly. You had saved the village, me being the last girl at the time. All of my children were growing rapidly, and then I saw someone emerge onto my screen.

“Big big bear is coming,” he said, Hiba the VI. Then he ran away.

And the big big bear did come. Shambling around, devouring all of my precious children.

“HIBA SENIOR! Don’t fucking move! Stay on an item tile!” I panicked and may have sounded rude. I’m sorry. I wanted to protect you.

“I’m terrified,” you told me. “I’m going to piss my pants.”

The village was reduced to a population of three. Me, you, and a little girl named Princess. She was now the last fertile female and the only hope.

But she wasn’t a bright child. She chased the bear as if it were a puppy as it was being lead away. Eventually, I lost track of her in the woods and was forced to retreat and give you the bad news.

“The last girl is definitely dead,” I told you.

“Well, I guess we have some time now,” you said something along these lines.

And so we talked. And joked. And grew weak with age, our hair losing its color and our faces gaining wrinkles. You grew withered, your long curly brown hair now grey and thick with age. We sat there with our jokes as we became wasted on berries which we plucked from dying bushes.

Then we saw her. A blonde girl, Evergreen, rushing past us looking like someone out of an action film. She had a sealskin lazily tacked to her side, held a bow, and a backpack stuffed with arrows. Another girl, Princess, soon followed, with the sealskin and bow but without the bag, and then a guy with iron and a bear skin. Seemed the village would live on after all. They came and went on occasion, and we saw them briefly in between long intervals.

But you died on a plot of soil... and your corpse was lost to the abyss. (Tip: don’t die on soil otherwise your corpse and all its loot disappear.) I wanted to bury you but you were nowhere to be found. So I spent the rest of my life cleaning up the corpses of Hibas and chopping dead trees.

Thank you for everything Hiba. I saw you are the newest member in the forum — thanks for joining! You were awesome. In the future, I hope we meet again. I can teach you more things about the game and you can continue saving infants.

— hiba jr

#324 2018-06-29 08:05:56

MidgetMaker

vEDCLdm.jpg

to my discord fam!

#325 2018-06-29 23:19:46

FounderOne

To Helga,

we did so good together building the road!
Unfortunately I had a connection loss.. The horse is located west and a bit north from the town in a small settlement with people. Maybe it finds his way back home!

I was so sad when I had the connection loss sad

Board footer