One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#276 2018-06-19 14:41:07

pressdare

Re: Missed Connections

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=362869

I was Sui, daughter of Eve.
I tried my best to get it all going, I managed to have one daughter in the end who I accidentally named Exton (I said "You are extremely important").

She died somehow somewhere last words being "Mom?". I didn't really know if she lived but she was my last child before I grew old.
I got some milkweed farming going as well as some carrot farming but it was all for nothing. I'm sorry Mom - I failed you.

https://imgur.com/cdwNAMY

:'( <3

Last edited by pressdare (2018-06-19 18:54:22)

#277 2018-06-19 21:02:37

Jk Howling

To my family.

You knew me as Adely. It was short for something, I can't quite remember what.

My aunt was queen of the land. She ruled fairly, but unfortunately her children did not survive. When she could no longer have kids, my grandmother decreed that my mother will be the next queen, and I will be after her. The crown was to be passed down to me.

Early in life, I asked for a job, and mentioned I knew cooking. I was told, "Great! The kitchen is south," and headed for my new job. Future Queen or not, I was not going to be useless.

There, I found an uncle working on pies. I ran off to collect some ingredients, and came back to some young upstart cousin. I started making pies- we had a surplus of rabbit and no carrots, so went with plain rabbit for the time being- and was instantly yelled at by this nameless cousin.

"Rabbit only is a waste!" he screeched. "Don't disturb my work!" he whined. As the smart child laid out around nine pies individually, cluttering the whole area, claiming it was "easier for him" to cook them than from a basket.

I mentioned how it's faster from a basket- just left click, right click, repeat. You didn't even have to move from the spot! But nooo, I was the monster.

The head chef intervened eventually, politely asserting his dominance and explaining that we had mutton- which I wasn't aware of- and to use that, or rabbit with carrot. If I'd known we had mutton, I would've used that instead of plain rabbit. As we still didn't have any carrots, I went to fetch mutton and made another batch of pies.

It came to a point where the mutton ran out. There was a skinned sheep, but I could not find a knife to butcher it. I asked around, and learned my mother had the knife, and that she'd gone northwest. I followed.

And I found her in hot pursuit of an unknown cousin, who had hold of our crown! I followed them a ways, and was told that she "had to die" because she had the crown, which was rightfully ours. This mad chase continued for a few minutes.

Finally, my mother stopped, dropping the knife and telling me to grab it. I took it, stowing it away in my backpack. I was told to kill the imposter, and she ran off towards the berry fields.

My cousin carefully wandered back my way, and I reassured her I wouldn't kill her. Yes, the crown was ours, but it was simply an item. There was no need to go to such drastic measures, were there? I took the knife and headed back to butcher my sheep and make another round of pies.

Lo and behold, my nameless cousin appears again- just in time to stab me through the gut. "Why???" I proclaimed, not recognizing the little asshole. I didn't catch most of his words, but he was whining about something before, bothering his work, and such.

I then recognized who he was. "Kill him!" I proclaimed to onlookers. "I didn't do anything! I just butchered a sheep, for pies!" I slowly staggered towards a crowd of people, hoping one of them would get my backpack and knife before the asshole cousin would.

Checking the family tree, it looks like the prick starved before he could be killed. I wish I knew what happened. Did anyone try to avenge me, or did he get by with no repercussions?

To my mom, Lilibeth, I'm sorry I died so young. I was going to rule the place with honor and fairness. I was going to work alongside my subjects, strive for a lifelong civilization, and pass on this sacred duty to my children. Instead, I got stabbed in the back over a petty argument that'd happened years ago.

To the nameless cousin who killed me: Maybe I was a bit blunt, but you were equally rude to begin with. If you hadn't been so touchy-feely and bitchy about "interfering with your work" [AKA, doing my job and helping the village. Shocking!] nothing would've become of this encounter.

I hope they live on, but doubt it. My children and their children could've contributed to this society, but instead, your speshul feewings ruined it all.

Hope you're satisfied.

-Has ascended to better games-

#278 2018-06-20 05:42:48

forestglade

Today an entire tiny village died off because a griefer killed two childbearing females. It was a tiny town too. No role-playing, not hard to kill off a tiny village.

Someone shouldn't have the power to kill off an entire civ, and the people who worked hours of their lives to make it better.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=366726

#279 2018-06-20 06:06:50

ishkibable

I was Warrior... I just want to say I'm sorry to my family and of course to the baby I stabbed. I have never done anything like that before, I've never had a taste for blood, never even wielded a knife before that life. I kept that knife safe for over 30 years, given to me by another dying relative. I only used it to kill dangerous snakes which I turned into beautiful fruit shoes. In my late age I was asked to whom I would pass on the knife to, and for some reason it got me thinking.

We lived in a quaint little village, no stews, but still plenty of food for our small little town. Once I turned 59 though, I didn't want to leave our wonderful little family farm, so I devised the only thing I could think of to extend my life... find a newborn and drink its blood. I had just recently read an article about mice whose lives were extended by a circulatory connection to a younger animal. Luck would have it, for as I started walking, I saw a cute little baby sitting by the fire. I took the little baby while her mother was farming and ran out to the desert. I didn't want the shame from anyone seeing the terrible act I was about to take part in, so I ran far into the desert, put him on the ground next to a cactus, and stabbed him... Karma would get me that moment for I forgot a bowl to collect the blood, for I then had nothing to drink it from. On top of that it seems I didn't take the baby far enough away from camp, and the baby ran back to the village to warn everyone... I was so embarrassed... and in those final seconds of shame and horror, I couldn't even exchange out the murder weapon for a carrot to get my metabolism to the age 60. I starved at age 59, but I don't think I would have deserved age 60 anyway... OH THE SHAME!!!!!

I'm sorry family, I truly am...

#280 2018-06-20 07:03:35

WomanWizard

ishkibable wrote:

I was Warrior... I just want to say I'm sorry to my family and of course to the baby I stabbed.

See, your problem was picking a baby that people actually cared about. I was telling my sister how cute Daria was, and was just telling my mother that she was a grandmother, when the grand-baby came running into town with stab wounds.

At least drink the blood of a boy child. We ran out of fertile females and by the time I died it was just me and my elderly sister, who had no living daughters. At least I got to say goodbye to Billy the Bear. He was a good bear.

#281 2018-06-20 15:20:46

zennyrpg

Dear Phillip http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=366865.  I couldn't tell if you were just snarky or actually had a bad attitude.  Still, I liked you.  I was saddened by your death.  I know you stabbed someone and I have no idea if it was warranted.  I named my son Filberto in your memory http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=366865 .

#282 2018-06-21 00:38:20

lostlandofcarrots

To Fenna,
Thank you for showing me your 'iron road' to the mine. I tried to tell my numskull brother about it, but all he ever cared about was locking himself up in his little house with his wife and kids, so he just brushed me off. You were the only one in our family that ever acknowledged me, even though I worked my butt off for all of them. I was so saddened by their indifference, that I often thought of giving up, but I had set a goal for myself: I'd bury you near that beautiful willow tree, with a tombstone and a rose by your grave. And I managed it! I even inscribed the tombstone. It says 'uncle'; I know we were distant cousins, but you were so much older than me, I thought uncle was a better fit. I planted the very first rose bush in the city, and placed a beautiful pink rose by your final resting place. I wish you could see it; it's a rather scenic view.
Wherever you may be, I hope you make many mines, and even more iron roads.
Best wishes,
Your nameless cousin-nephew.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=369887
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=369887

Last edited by lostlandofcarrots (2018-06-21 00:40:03)

#283 2018-06-21 02:49:29

forestglade

To my sons, Persistant, Possibility and the third one I can't remember what I name him.

You were the best sons, and very hardworking. I think we could've made that civilization work.
I had six children and they were all sons. And I was the last surviving female.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=370881

#284 2018-06-21 04:28:03

Lepisma

Sorry, Ma, that I didn't get to finish your nursery. Thank you for giving me to Pa.
Sorry, Pa, for not saying a proper goodbye. Thank you for raising me well.
I didn't pick up the pie fast enough sad
Probably one of my most heartbreaking deaths. What a lovely family I had! And my first father, too.

Last edited by Lepisma (2018-06-21 04:47:25)

#285 2018-06-21 11:31:59

Trick

My name was Alex Flower. 
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=372246

I was born to Lucky Flower, who died shortly after I was born.  Thankfully, my lovely Aunt Wateen took care of me in my infancy.

My other Aunt, Firdaws, was not a very attentive mother.  She was having all kinds of babies, and just abandoning them in the midst of a healthy, burgeoning village.  Inspired by my Aunt Wateen's loving kindness, I took it upon myself to start caring for one of her baby girls as soon as I was old enough.  I fed her until she was able to reach the berry bushes for herself. 
As a consequence of her mother's neglect, she was an unnamed baby.  So, I gave her a name myself - Berry.  I was only 5... I wasn't very creative.  Surprisingly, her mother eventually acquiesced and officially named her Berry later on.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=372115

We were only children, but we loved each other dearly.  We had formed a special bond through our early years of hardship.  To prove how much she was grateful, she adoringly followed me around all over the village.  I wanted to be a hard worker - she wanted to admire me.

One morning, I returned to town with a bunch of eggs for breakfast, and stumbled upon yet another baby girl that was being neglected.  Like myself, her mother had also died shortly after she was born. And just like Berry, I set out to take care of her.

Unfortunately, seeing me care for another girl like I had cared for her enraged Berry.  She was jealous that my caring nature was not reserved exclusively for her.  She screamed and yelled at me for what she believed was a betrayal, and threatened to kill herself.

I pleaded with Berry to be reasonable, but out of protest, she ran around and allowed herself to starve to death.  I was heartbroken.

Ironically, this drove me and the other girl closer together.  Like Berry, I nurtured her until she was old enough to go out on her own.  Also like Berry, I gave her a name - Orchid.  She later became my wife.

Orchid and I had an incredible love for each other.  I would return home from my hard days of working around the village, and she would happily greet me with excitement.  She agreed to name our first daughter Orchid in order to permanently enshrine the name into our family.  I was overwhelmed when our baby Orchid came into our lives.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=372267

We had a few other children - Tiger, and another one who I hardly got to know.  They were good, hard-working kids.  I was proud to be their father.  Sadly, I don't think they fully appreciated their family history.

My wife Orchid and I lived a long and happy life together, both of us dying of old age.  We spent our last moments together with our daughter's son - our grandbaby.  I passed on my hide to him, and told him to pass it on to his son.  Hopefully, he'll keep the tradition in the family.

#286 2018-06-21 14:47:04

forestglade

My ma was a surly grumpyass and named me "Dick", thankfully it turned into Dickson. She didn't lke me and gave her key to the wondercastle, to my sis Clay. Clay ended up murdering a dude and then herself. I think the dude stole something/someone from her. The key was inside the castle.

I was the only female left. I kept giving births to son, and at the very last moment, before my hair turned gray, I gave birth to "Hope." The entire town cheered for her.

My son, John broke into the locked castle by making a key.

Hope was great and the lineage went on for nine more generations.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=371487

#287 2018-06-22 05:37:22

forestglade

My ma was Eve Re (she was trying to name herself Everdeen), and she named me Katniss.
When I was born she has just popped out, and she asked me if I wanted to try, and I said Y.
She replied, "Let's party!"

We found a place with many waters to set up as a base, and I left to forage. As I forage I started to give birth, I had a son Striker who was amazing and fed me and my daughters, but sadly got eaten by a bear!

I went back to the base with food and two daughters who followed me, with baskets that their dead brother, Striker had made.

And when we arrived, my Ma was there, I hadn't seen her for a while. I had visited once but the base didn't have anyone.
She now looked old and when she saw us she said, "OMGOMGOMGOMG!"

I think that was the happiest I've ever made a mama in the game. She saw me come back with two daughters to her farm that she had worked so hard at.

It totally made my night.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=376673

#288 2018-06-22 06:43:55

Mirelli

What a crazy fun life. I was a nameless boy since I was born before my mother even realized she had birthed me. My grandmother raised me up in our huge town and I ran off as soon as I had hair. By the time I found my mother, I was just too old to be named. There wasn’t much to be done that people weren’t already doing so I decided to mess around with the update. Lots of new things to try and the healing system intrigued me the most.

Paramedic was my calling. My uncle Elroy and his sister (who I can’t remember the name of sry!) were trying to figure out how to save people. Uncle Elroy taught us how to make sterile pads, to stitch up wounds, and all the other good stuff. My aunt and I followed him around and my cousin Jessica enthusiastically volunteered to be our guinea pig. Uncle was skeptical since her survival wasn’t guaranteed, but he eventually relented. He soon got too old to test out our theories and gave his backpack with knife to me. I swore that I would carry on your legacy and I did make good on that promise.

I prepared more pads since the others had gotten dirty (also realized you can simmer them again to make them sterile!). Someone was shot with an arrow and we almost saved them but we had no more pads, so he sadly perished. We also discovered that you need to heat the knife to seal wounds.

Later on, I was told there was a party in the soup room. I foolishly walked inside and a terrible woman named Sheena locked me inside with my cousin Persis. She laughed at us as we begged her to let us out, but luckily we had plenty of soup to hold us off until someone could find the key. I wasn’t going to kill her for it if she let us out swiftly but she dragged it on for so long that I began to ponder the idea. We could have just forgotten about it but she kept milking it. Even so, as a paramedic, it went against my nature to cause harm, regardless of how she treated us.

She eventually did let us out but by that point, I had turned elderly and didn’t have much time left. Jessica and I ran to finish our experiments. I prepared the fire and kinda stole an arrow from a girl (sry) but there was instantly so much murder around us. People shot each other and stabbed each other. I was able to save two people I believe, Jessica included. I completed my life’s mission. I hope I did you proud, uncle!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=376924

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#289 2018-06-22 07:48:27

Realcooldude

Thanks for being part of the storm family. I was EVE and bourch.

#290 2018-06-22 10:20:31

Feldspar

To the Space Family:

Sorry my nameless daughter and son; your names were meant to be Venus and Earth. Somehow I messed up when naming you- I must have forgotten to utter the words aloud. My bad.

Also sorry I had to die so young- It was a good spot we spawned into, I hope future generations get to enjoy it!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=377604

just here putting off doing my assignments

#291 2018-06-22 17:35:50

dana

Silver family, for the scant two generations it existed:

August, my son. I didn't want you, but when you stood on that warm tile and stayed alive long past the time a baby unfed should have lived, I knew that you were a smart baby and reluctantly picked you up. You laughed knowingly when I called you smart and named you.

I died waiting for you to come back home.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=379448

#292 2018-06-22 20:28:37

denriguez

Inhabitants of Cafe Town! There is a big city--Stormville--two minutes due west, through desert and tundra. We are descendents of Eve Storm! I tell the story here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2262

Aunt Tye, Mary, Donna, Wayne--we started something great by leaving that day. -Trowa

#293 2018-06-23 03:59:18

Nopik

Dear Clive Boots: thank you for saving us from a greifer. Unfortunately, that 2-year old girl was the only potentially-fertile female in the whole town.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=382323t

#294 2018-06-23 04:13:14

forestglade

Dot.

Sorry I starve and died. Hope you made the berry farm.

Your brother.

#295 2018-06-23 04:31:17

Neo

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=382482

Mum was good, I farmed berries most of the time but we ran out of water. Mum passed on her full gearset to me when she got ols.

I saw that the town was going to shit with constant baby births and deaths from starvation. Me and a few others decided to go make our own place.

The little boy died first and then the mother a bit later. For awhile it was me and two little girls searching for a spot.

But I was getting old and food was running low, I decided to sacrifice myself to save food for the others. I gave up all my gear and ran for a snake. They tried to stop me but it was too late. I hope you guys made it

Last edited by Neo (2018-06-23 04:37:25)

#296 2018-06-23 07:35:48

Realcooldude

Neo wrote:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=382482

Mum was good, I farmed berries most of the time but we ran out of water. Mum passed on her full gearset to me when she got ols.

I saw that the town was going to shit with constant baby births and deaths from starvation. Me and a few others decided to go make our own place.

The little boy died first and then the mother a bit later. For awhile it was me and two little girls searching for a spot.

But I was getting old and food was running low, I decided to sacrifice myself to save food for the others. I gave up all my gear and ran for a snake. They tried to stop me but it was too late. I hope you guys made it

Well you tried and thats what counts.

#297 2018-06-23 07:59:49

SpreadDaWord

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=382772
My sister, you asked for a hoe, I made the hoe, but before I headed back east again, I lost connection.

#298 2018-06-24 05:46:12

Styok

Sorry, Eve Freeberg. I was your daughter, Twila.
I had high hopes for us and was looking forward to making a go of it, but then my connection dropped. We did make a start, though - I hope your other daughters have better internet than I!

#299 2018-06-24 08:07:02

forestglade

I was born to Eve Ding. She named me Adam, and then my sister was born. My sister and I tried to talk to our Ma but had communication issues, but Ma had given me a tour when I was a BB and I told my sister that there was water and soil. It was a good spot! I showed her the water, and then we got to work. Mostly Sis worked, and I would feed her wild carrots and berries.

Then when Sis finished making bowls, I started farming and made a gooseberry farm.

Our younger sister, Skyelynn, also found us and she was very helpful and a great hunter. The three of us made Ding Village.

I've never actually helped start a civilization from scratch and it was amazing that in forty mins,  the place went from nothing to a bustling. I think I'm going to upgrade myself from newb to beginner intermediate ;-)

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389316

#300 2018-06-24 08:13:49

Lum

forestglade wrote:

I was born to Eve Ding. She named me Adam, and then my sister was born. My sister and I tried to talk to our Ma but had communication issues, but Ma had given me a tour when I was a BB and I told my sister that there was water and soil. It was a good spot! I showed her the water, and then we got to work. Mostly Sis worked, and I would feed her wild carrots and berries.

Then when Sis finished making bowls, I started farming and made a gooseberry farm.

Our younger sister, Skyelynn, also found us and she was very helpful and a great hunter. The three of us made Ding Village.

I've never actually helped start a civilization from scratch and it was amazing that in forty mins,  the place went from nothing to a bustling. I think I'm going to upgrade myself from newb to beginner intermediate ;-)

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389316

Hey Adam,

I was your sister Liz who you helped so much to make our little settlement possible!

It honestly couldn't have gone any better, and soon enough the camp was brimming with life. Wasn't that awesome? I've never been this successful.

One of my daughters, Kali, kept insulting us, claiming she was saving us and leaving her boys to die. I still suspect that was pein. (By the way, when I say insulting, I mean calling us the N and F words)

However I am proud of all other members of the Ding Family who helped give this town a good kickstart
I truly hope people will be able to survive and expand it

And especially thank you brother Adam and sister Sky, you were hard workers, kind people and fun to play with!

ign: summerstorm, they/them

Board footer