One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#226 2018-06-12 05:28:38

Tarr
Banned

Re: Missed Connections

To Knight- I'm really sorry how things turned out. When your backpack broke I figured I would just do the deed to prevent some bystander from murdering you just like I was. Alvin was threatening women and their children trying to cull a perfectly fine population just because he was bored or some other dumb reason. Between the repeatedly flashing his knife and purposely ruining a sheep pen he had to be removed before he actually caused real damage.

From the looks of the family tree you revenge killed Bob for killing me which led to some woman killing you. What a horrible cycle of violence caused be removing a single troll. You should have just let my sacrifice be enough but in your shoes I probably would have done the same.

TL;DR Troll threatens women and children, five people end up dying to chain stabbings due to misunderstanding on the first murder.

fug it’s Tarr.

#227 2018-06-12 21:10:07

Realcooldude

#228 2018-06-13 03:25:47

forestglade

Dear Mama (Claude West), your final words were "Now you can meet"
and you died!

I knew it was something sudden like a heart attack. So I made sure to bury you, and your granddaughter found a headstone for you.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=319396

Last edited by forestglade (2018-06-13 03:28:08)

#229 2018-06-13 08:03:11

Trick

To my sweet son, Jacori,

The moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you would be such a sweet little boy.  You were so eager to work and help me, running off to make yourself useful.

At a very young age, I witnessed your marriage to that girl, Stewart.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=320348

Although I felt you had gotten married a little early, I was happy for you and wished you both well.  Perhaps selfishly, I was hopeful that I might get some grandbabies.

I spent most of my life as a humble baker, peacefully making pies for the townspeople while you went off and worked so hard.  Unfortunately, your wife wasn't impressed with your work ethic, and was none too pleased with you being away from home so often.  I suppose she grew lonely, and was sadly drawn to the arms of other men.

On one fateful day, I stumbled upon Stewart and Deen together.  As a protective Mama, I saw red, and called her out for the floosie she was.  I told Deen to run away from the cheating cow, and he did.  She was furious.

She tried blaming it all on you, my son.  You were not around enough for her, and she wanted someone who loved her.  I told her she should at least divorce you first, and to have the tact not to cheat on her husband right in front of his mother's eyes.

She wanted to hear nothing of it, and our conversation got ugly.  I shouldn't have said it, but I told her I never wanted her to be my daughter-in-law to begin with.  I knew those words would sting, and while I shouldn't have stooped so low, I wanted her to hurt as much as she had hurt me (and as much as I knew you would hurt when you found out).

With venom on her lips, I knew things would not get better, so I walked away and returned to my bakery.  I was ashamed that I had been unkind, especially since I had always taught you kids to be as kind as possible.

But Stewart wasn't finished.  She wanted the last word, and wanted to rub salt in the wound.  So she intentionally came to me with her children from another man, and proceeded to tell them awful lies about me.  She told her children that I stole babies, and that I was an evil woman.

Incensed by Stewart's nastiness and lies about me, Evea came out of nowhere and killed me.  I don't think I even knew the girl, to be honest.  Something tells me she was just waiting for an excuse to murder someone.  I died mere moments before old age, but my last words were a request that I be avenged.

In this afterlife, I see that you did exactly that.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=320354

My sweet little boy.  I am grateful to have had you.  I am sorry you had to have so much heartache in your short life.  Just know that your Mama loved you so much.

With love from your Mama,

Hestia

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=320229

Last edited by Trick (2018-06-13 08:07:14)

#230 2018-06-13 12:40:42

Xan

Hi mom Jacori here. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=320354

I never told you this but the reason I was such a hard worker was because I had lived here before and I needed to fix what was done since my first death. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=319438. I had hunted the first sheep and brought it back to the village. It saddened me that no one continued composting after I had asked them to.

I was married to my work, so like an idiot I must not have noticed that Stewart liked me. I never asked her to marry me and I wasn't paying attention if she asked me.

While out on a resource trip for iron I wanted to check if anyone had found my bow and arrow I used to bring sheep. No one had so I hid them just outside of town.

When I heard a shot and your death scream I felt guilty that I hadn't hidden the bow and arrow well enough. So I went back and they were still there so I avenged you.

I'm sorry I wasn't the type of son to give you grandkids and that my aloofness caused you such hardship. I wish the knife and file weren't hidden between these generations. If I had the knife I could have given you all the mutton for your wonderful pies.

Love,
Jacori

#231 2018-06-13 12:53:06

ishkibable

I was born Eve Blue quite a few generations ago. I know my name didn't pass on, but I was reborn a 9th generation named Julian to a wonderful mother named Ruby and got to see the village truly blossom. I just want to say I'm sooooo proud of ALL my very great and wonderful grandchildren. Thank you for making Great ... Grandma proud :')

And a special thanks to my daughter Purvi Blue  (true name Purple), for had you not spent most of your life foraging great distances for the 2 of us, that small farm we created together would never have bloomed into the bustling village it is today.

Also, I apologize for not remembering the name of who I handed off the knife to as Julian, but I hope you kept it safe! I saw someone by a stew fire just before I died who had crazy eyes. Hopefully the Blue bloodline can be kept murder free!

Last edited by ishkibable (2018-06-13 12:54:23)

#232 2018-06-13 17:09:32

Lotus

To Eve West—

I’m sorry. I was your only surviving girl and one of two surviving children. You were my mother, and my brother was my only companion. We’d spawned into a large town of unnamed folks. Towards the beginning of my life, I was a milkweed farmer. But as I became a teenager, I switched from odd job to odd job, mostly baking and farming.

I had my first child, a baby boy! I named him Rain. He was a good boy, smart, capable. But his flaw was exactly that; he was a boy. If only he had been born a girl...

My Rain survived past infancy and immediately went to work. He was an extremely hard worker. He made his mother very proud. Soon after this, I had my second child, whom I didn’t get the chance to name because she kept jumping out of my arms. She survived until five but was unable to feed herself, so she perished.

At this point, I was desperate for a girl. I was middle-aged. My only surviving child was already in his teens. And then I was blessed with Snowy.

Snowy... my little girl. She was such a kind soul. But she too had a flaw.

While I was raising her, I was AFK for extended periods of time due to someone wearing a perfume which triggered my allergies and gave me repeated allergy attacks. But she managed to survive despite my AFK state, never jumping out of my arms. She survived past infancy and I had high hopes. While raising her, my baby boy Castle was born, and things were looking up for the West family.

But as I recovered and resumed the game, I saw my baby girl repeating “Mom I’m sorry” over and over as I held her.

I asked her why. There wasn’t anything to be sorry about.

“I have to take my car downtown.”

Her real life called her. But I couldn’t let her die, she was my baby. It wasn’t about being a female anymore, I was genuinely attached to her. I had held her for her first five years of life.

“No!” I cried. “No, my baby, don’t die.”

“I’m sorry, I have to,” she told me. “This is tough.”

“But I love you...”

“I love you too.”

I knew I had to let her go, I just didn’t want it to be so soon. And the longer she stood there as I stalled her death, the more I grew to love her. I tried to convince her to stay, that I could feed her while she was AFK, but she wouldn’t have it. She ran off to die.

I didn’t know what to do. I stood there as my hunger trickled into starvation. But I knew I couldn’t give up yet, I could still have a girl. I ate and told my Castle that I didn’t know what I would do now. Then my Snowy emerged from the woods.

“Snowy!!!”

“I’ll die here so you can pick up my remains.”

My heart sunk. She was going to die stjlll. I had hope that she would survive and live with me, give me grandchildren, be the hope of our family. But no, her real life still called her. Despite it being selfish, I wanted her to stay with me.

“I’m going to miss you so much...”

“I’m going to miss you too.”

We had grown extremely attached to each other in just a few minutes. I felt real, genuine love for my sweet daughter. It was as if we had a connection in the real world. Perhaps we did. I don’t know.

“It’s time, bye Mom,” she told me. But I panicked. Not yet! I scrambled and shoved a berry in my daughter’s mouth.

She was furious. She didn’t even talk to me. I cried and told her I was sorry, but I just couldn’t let my baby die right before me, knowing I hadn’t done anything about it.

But she did. “Love you,” was the last thing she said to me. Then she was gone.

I picked up her remains and buried them under a beautiful maple tree. I knew she would love it. I buried her and marked her grave, and then I had my fifth child, a little girl!

I named her Snowy in honor of her sister. But she was nothing like Snowy. She lacked the light that Snowy had, she was cold and bore no love for me, or her siblings. She did not survive past infancy because she ran off.

I grew depressed and visited Snowy I every day. It was extremely strange how attached I’d grown. I planted her a rose bush which took a large chunk of my life. I have her the first rose, placing it across her grave.

During this time, I had my sixth child, River. He survived into toddlerhood but perished because he could not feed himself. And my hair grew grey, my face grew withered, and my hopes diminished. My family was doomed. I had failed as a mother.

I spent the rest of my life burying the ones I loved. I buried my brother next to Snowy and left his wool boot on his grave. I passed my stuff to a girl named Kim, including my knife after a girl named Aaban rudely declined when I asked her if she had a second. When she realized I was giving my stuff away, though, she followed me around but knew I wasn’t going to give it to her after that.

I’m sorry Mother. I failed the West family. I tried hard, but I’m the end, I blew it. I’m sorry.

And Kim, I hope you did well. You told me you were new and I asked you to bury me next to my deceased kin, the last of the Wests.

#233 2018-06-13 17:30:04

West

Aww that story touched my heart, you were a great mom and daughter!

Thank you!

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#234 2018-06-13 18:34:17

forestglade

Eve West, what happened to the tiny village we were just born in? I ran out of food and died, you found an iron ore. We had no sheep pen because Pein wasn't there.

#235 2018-06-13 19:00:47

West

I don't know to be honest.

I think the West family died, but maybe the other family is still going strong.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=323229
could have been that lineage, not even sure tho^^

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#236 2018-06-14 01:30:45

Lotus

It was a different one. I died of old age and my brother died at about fifty. The rest of your children died during infancy or early childhood.

#237 2018-06-14 06:35:25

Realcooldude

#238 2018-06-14 07:47:43

ishkibable

Liked your story, made me think though, it would be interesting if she left the game open and you just fed her until she had children, and then you or your boys fed them to keep the lineage going... wonder if anyone's done that, kept their children on life support as breeding machines lol

#239 2018-06-14 15:50:03

forestglade

I was born to a town of griefers and trolls.  Even though I was a girl, I was named Gerald just like many of the other people in the family.

There were at least two knives in town, and when I grew up, another baby was popped out. And one of the uncles say, "Can I kill the baby?"

And the mom said, "Sure, why not."

Before I was quiet and didn't make trouble. But then I ran in and grab the baby before it could be killed. I was chased around town, but I kept the baby safe.

When I finally started making babies, I would hide them and feed them. An uncle would say, "Give me the baby." And I would run and hide.

Thankfully, the crazy relatives died off. And the next generation were sweet and hard workers, at one point they had four stews cooking at once!

I made a red hat. That was my life's goal. Before I died, I passed on the red hat to a daughter, Lisa. I remember you, Lisa, Nisa and my son, Gerald.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=329453

#240 2018-06-14 16:53:14

Lotus

ishkibable wrote:

Liked your story, made me think though, it would be interesting if she left the game open and you just fed her until she had children, and then you or your boys fed them to keep the lineage going... wonder if anyone's done that, kept their children on life support as breeding machines lol

That’s what i offered her, but I suppose she didn’t want to waste power or something.

#241 2018-06-15 03:08:35

Realcooldude

No kids but a good family with an old friend. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=332667

#242 2018-06-15 04:31:26

happynova

To Stella Hope:  I am so sorry.  I promised I would bury you, but I could not find the shovel before age claimed me, too.  I hope you forgive me.  I did not live to see a new Eve arrive in our beautiful, dead town, but I still have faith in her coming.

-- Stiles "Stinky" Butt

Last edited by happynova (2018-06-15 04:31:55)

#243 2018-06-15 05:25:35

Lepisma

I'm sorry, Goose, that you died because I couldn't reach my hidden bow and arrow soon enough, just before I could pass them on to you. I had spent years in the wild crafting them to save my family from jerks just like Jimmy, who killed you just so he could have your clothes. My only consolation is that I managed to off him while you still lived to see your vengeance, and that he will not plague the rest of the family. In a way, you saved the family from him and protected them, just as I had asked you to do in my stead.

Screw you, Jimmy.

Last edited by Lepisma (2018-06-15 05:42:15)

#244 2018-06-15 13:08:10

Opedoll

To Deanne,

I manage to bury you near the wall to whom I'm assuming to be your uncle that help you build the wall, and with a gravestone so all might remember you. It's just the two of you. You seemed to be determined to be burry near there. I wasn't going to leave you hanging with the rest of the pile of bones. I hope for you to be reborn once again.

-George

Aslo

To my sister, Patricia,

I'm sorry I missed your death. It was fun chatting with you! And I learn how to make burritos thanks to you. However, I'm sad I couldn't find your bones anywhere. I wonder where you have died. I tried looking in the graveyard, then I looked around the surrounding area. I was in my old age and I couldn't look any further. I wanted to bury you somewhere special. Though I had fun talking with Feras, our sister about our family. I'm super surprised that all of our siblings survived to OLD AGE. I have never experienced that before. Well anyways, I miss your company. I hope to play with you again!

-George

#245 2018-06-15 13:15:08

Lum

Opedoll wrote:

To Deanne,

I manage to bury you near the wall to whom I'm assuming to be your uncle that help you build the wall, and with a gravestone so all might remember you. It's just the two of you. You seemed to be determined to be burry near there. I wasn't going to leave you hanging with the rest of the pile of bones. I hope for you to be reborn once again.

-George

Aslo

To my sister, Patricia,

I'm sorry I missed your death. It was fun chatting with you! And I learn how to make burritos thanks to you. However, I'm sad I couldn't find your bones anywhere. I wonder where you have died. I tried looking in the graveyard, then I looked around the surrounding area. I was in my old age and I couldn't look any further. I wanted to bury you somewhere special. Though I had fun talking with Feras, our sister about our family. I'm super surprised that all of our siblings survived to OLD AGE. I have never experienced that before. Well anyways, I miss your company. I hope to play with you again!

-George

Hey Uncle George, thank you for feeding me when your sister Cassandra didn't notice she had a baby! -Paden

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#246 2018-06-15 14:22:12

Opedoll

Lum wrote:

Hey Uncle George, thank you for feeding me when your sister Cassandra didn't notice she had a baby! -Paden

Oh hehehe. Your welcome! Mothers can be busy at times. I understand! I didn't even know Cassandra had a child! I died and looked and she didn't have any. Your her only one. Good for you to live long! smile

----------

Also, I had another great run-through in OHOL. This is a shoutout to my mother, Mary! I'm sadden I was the only male in the community! The last man standing! Everybody had died or left. Though, you asked of me to plant many berries and expand. I did that to my last breath. (Well.. down to the last broken hoe xD) I hope I made you proud.

Here's a pic of our berry farm!
https://imgur.com/EX7S3ag

-Atlanta

#247 2018-06-15 15:41:24

Lotus

To Boy West -

You were murdered by May West the moment I was born simply because I existed. I saw her shoot you with a bow and yell at you before you died. I couldn't do anything but cry as I said "L / U / V" to you before you died, your last words being "You bitch!"

My sixth cousin Alan took me in after your death and fed me, but May was still insane. Alan said he saw two more corpses, and I witnessed her holding a bow and chasing me and several other people. Betty was the only fertile female now, and May had basically doomed us by killing the only other female. Eventually, I was handed over to Betty and told to start a milkweed farm for rope. The plan was to make a bow and arrow so we could get rid of her and end the murders. I made fletching and found a skewer, but it took a long while to find milkweed seeds.

May kept turning my yew shafts into kindling; she knew what we were planning. She hid the bow and any arrows, but we managed to create an arrow. She kept chasing me with a bow and arrow, but I lost her in the desert, and that was the last time I saw her. I looked her up in the family tree at a later date, and she had killed herself to "not give me the satisfaction of killing her" judging by her last words. She knew I was coming for her but was too cowardly to do the time for her crime.

But guess what, May? When I told everybody the news of your death, do you know what they said? They said "HAHA, FUCK HER!" They laughed and celebrated and WERE satisfied. No, they were HAPPY. They were happy that you didn't exist in their world to corrupt it. And so was I. You may not have given me the satisfaction, but you sure as hell made all of us really happy. So, I guess your little plan backfired, huh?

Anyway, I decided that Mother needed to be honored. Without knowing it, when she bore me, she had made a sacrifice, one life for another. My life for hers. I was so grateful, but I knew that she deserved something more than being left in the sun in the middle of town to rot.

I dedicated the rest of my life to honoring her death. I buried her in a special spot, planted her a rose bush, made her a gravestone, made a letter M, a chisel, a mallet, and marked her grave. Mother, you may not have gotten the life you deserved, but you certainly got your share in death. I told anyone who would listen your story and I told them to honor you.

My life's purpose was complete when your grave was, so I starved myself next to you. I didn't want to make my life impure by going off-track from my mission of delivering you justice after-death. So thank you, Mother. Thank you for sacrificing yourself for me, even if you didn't mean to. I hope I made the afterlife worth your while.

Love,
Nameless
--
Family Tree:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=335126

#248 2018-06-16 01:24:07

Jk Howling

To my beloved father, Birch Garden

I was born to a nameless mother, and the first thing I witnessed upon entering this world is you proposing to her- and her accepting.

She then proceeded to dub me Pain, for reasons I couldn't fathom. But like an angel, you swept in and gently corrected her: I was not pain, but Pailynn. A beautiful name. One I will cherish even beyond the afterlife.

Mother then proceeded to run off to continue doing her work. She didn't seem to remember I was around, and we soon found her bones. But again, you were there- warm, reassuring, gently feeding me berries until I was able to do so myself.

I wouldn't have survived without you.

We buried mom, honoring her grave with a marker and a beautiful white rose. I didn't know her long, and she didn't seem particularly fond of me, but I honored her death the best I could. We also buried my little sister, Gray, near her.

Things were a bit slow around the town after that. There were only a handful of us. Me, my older sister Fauna, an odd uncle named Usher.

I ranged a bit, working on a few odd jobs, but our paths crossed on occasion. You remembered me, and always greeted me with a warm "sweetie" or voiced your approval on whatever task I was working on.

You were there when I had my first child, a little girl named Lily. I was so proud when you looked down at her, proclaiming that we had a future. Rose came shortly after, and while her life was cut short thanks to a hungry bear, I cherished them both.

And then you staggered in, old and wrinkled. I knew you were on your last legs. I was in the middle of a task and almost missed your final words, the death was so sudden.

"Bye sweetie."

I'm extremely unhappy to say that I lost your bones. I ran off quickly in search of a basket, so I could bury you near Mother, and when I came back- they were just gone. I looked everywhere, asked if anyone had seen my beloved father's remains, to no avail.

I'll always regret not being able to lay you to rest with our family. I hope you found peace in the afterlife.

I took over babysitting not long after your death. Fauna had a few kids, and I had a trio of boys, so I stuck close to camp, tending the fire and feeding the babies. A few of them perished when I strayed a little too far from camp on an errand, but I was proud of those who made it. Aiden specifically sticks out in my mind.

But then came Adidas, or Adiba as his records said.

I fed him by the fire with the other children until he was old enough to pick things up. And here lies my biggest regret, one that brought an end to our lineage. He was a nasty child, sabotaging our camp. Hoarding food in a backpack he picked up. Hiding our tools. Watching us starve, one by one.

Uncle Usher tried to warn us. His last words were "Get the fuck out of here." At first I thought he was cursing the evil child who brought our downfall. But then I realized, he was talking to me and the rest of my struggling family. Telling us to leave, to find somewhere better, away from it all.

Of course I didn't. We had so much going for us where we were, and I couldn't abandon my family.. I starved, at the ripe age of 48, trying to warn my children of their evil cousin.

I made a lot of mistakes during this lifetime. Not recognizing my nephew's trolly tenancies until it was too late. Not migrating to better pastures. Not putting you to rest properly, near your wife and daughter and grandchildren.

But I will always remember you, father. For your kindness and warmth. I hope someday we'll meet again.

- Your daughter, Pailynn

-Has ascended to better games-

#249 2018-06-16 04:03:03

MidgetMaker

To my son Sneyder,

son,  i'm so sorry i let you down.  i should've made sure you had a full belly before i had you follow me off into the wild to teach you trap making and rabbit catching.  it was a rookie mistake on my part and i'm so very sorry.  you were a great son and i wish i would've been able to teach you more.

to add salt to the wound,  once i got back to camp with your bones (my intent was to give you a proper burial), everyone had died except your little brother jack.  remember that snake that chased you when you were just born?  well, your little sis stepped on him.  sad times but it was a good life, you all were great family.  godspeed sneyder,  i hope to play with you again in another life.

your mom,  nameless

ps,  jack you did an amazing job on the farm.  had any girls made it, we could've thrived in that spot.

#250 2018-06-16 04:36:37

karltown_veteran

To Aura, Athena, Frida, Kimi, Amy and Other One—

I loved you all. You made splendid wives. Unfortunately, the bear did not.

Zeus, you had your chance to be my fling. Too late now.

Wednesday, thanks for supplying me with wives.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=338957

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2018-06-16 04:36:59)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

Board footer