One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-05-30 19:28:19

Dodge

Re: Thoughts on baskets

Dodge wrote:

Im not sure why he doesn't want to add actual furniture like tables,closets etc

But i think it's because it could be potentially used to block entrances and other griefing related stuff

If that's the reason there needs to be a solution to that problem.

Maybe being able to elect a town mayor or achitect and only him could move/destroy/modify these objects could be a solution.

Similar to how the gates have owners

Actually just making them movable would solve the issue, a table or closet would be really heavy and slow you down a lot, so someone couldnt easily steal it.

#52 2019-05-30 22:02:58

Kai

since baskets last forever now the first part is solved, right?

ok so, correct me if i'm wrong, but essentially the root of the problem is the abundance of grain, right?
which for some reason jason believed comes from people growing wheat to make baskets..? hence the option to use thread and only one bundle of straw..?
idk it doesn't make much sense, but then again i'm not a game designer with a vision and deep knowledge of the engine.

so, we know that's not true. i'm fairly new, but afaik wheat is mainly grown for compost purposes.
resulting in more grain than can reasonably be used to make pies and bread. (the problem for jason to understand)
and bean burritos at high water cost.

so, biofuel is a thing irl, it's not terribly efficient, nor would it have to be in ohol since it'd basically come from byproducts of other processes.
i figure a reasonable solution is to add the option to make biofuel from the grain to supplement fuel supply for water.
not good enough to be the sole source of fuel due to labour intensity and water/soil investment, but good enough to essentially use free byproducts.

i'd try and figure out how exactly it'd work, but as per jason's request this should be sufficient and a deep-thought-out plan of steps of the whole process wouldn't be useful.
either that or nerf pies/bread, maybe buff bean burritos (cost-wise) big_smile

#53 2019-05-31 00:54:27

testo

Tarr wrote:

While you may not care whether or not an update is good some of us would rather stuff be introduced in a useful state. When rails were originally released people were just as ecstatic about the new content but it was slow and janky until later buffed.

Regardless of how you think these things are less useful than what we have had previously which is just plain silly. We've had a single storage update since the game was released last year that was an actual upgrade to our storage system and that was by adding rubber wheels to carts.

You're welcome to make slot boxes, and you're welcome to think they're good, however that doesn't change the fact they're downgrades to stuff we already have in game. Pointing out their flaws is an attempt to get Jason to buff the things instead of adding more dead content.

I wonder if it´s really that much of a big deal to introduce an object that costs a little more than a previous one when it looks different and does similar.

Would you rather not introduce it at all? If the answer is yes, then only cost efficient items should be introduced, along side with items that set new mechanics.

However, I´m not really sold to that idea, for the simple reason than an always positive gradient in efficiiency would mean we should always upgrade to the new content, wich ends up being mechanic. I agree some things could get a buff becuase of underuse (has anyone ever used a wheelbarrow?) but calling something dead content because its not the best is not really accurate.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

Board footer