One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-05-25 11:47:51

Léonard

Re: This Game is dead!

Dodge wrote:

I was responding to Spoonwood, read the thread...

Come on.. Don't play dumb..

That still doesn't explain why you brought up the last update in the first place.

You were talking about player peak, retention rates and dead games with the OP and all of the sudden you pull this:

Dodge wrote:

Are people going to be this upset each time there is a significant game changing update?

And you say you talk about the last update.

Why bring it up in the first place? Sounds to me like you are the one who is upset with something..

#27 2019-05-25 12:31:03

Dodge

Léonard wrote:
Dodge wrote:

Come on.. Don't play dumb..

That still doesn't explain why you brought up the last update in the first place.

You were talking about player peak, retention rates and dead games with the OP and all of the sudden you pull this:

Dodge wrote:

Are people going to be this upset each time there is a significant game changing update?

And you say you talk about the last update.

Why bring it up in the first place? Sounds to me like you are the one who is upset with something..

What are you talking about?

I was talking about the update from last week, you remember? the one you couldn't stop talking about....

This is your response:

Léonard wrote:

And this is relevant because... ?

And i responded with:

Dodge wrote:

What are you not getting?

It just sounds like you're looking for trouble.

Also when i said "Are people going to be this upset each time there is a significant game changing update?"

I was refferencing the OP that was obviously upset about the new update when he said :

"Just demonstrates that a primitive graphics war game presented as a cooperative resource management game coupled with project management and update botches won't fly with gamers."

Last edited by Dodge (2019-05-25 12:32:30)

#28 2019-05-25 12:33:29

Dodge

@Léonard Sounds to me like you are the one who is upset with something really..

#29 2019-05-25 14:18:12

Léonard

Dodge wrote:

I was refferencing the OP that was obviously upset about the new update when he said :

"Just demonstrates that a primitive graphics war game presented as a cooperative resource management game coupled with project management and update botches won't fly with gamers."

Oh, my bad.

I must have read the OP a little too quickly there.
I thought this was mostly about player numbers since as you point out these readings happened over months.

Thanks for clarifying that.
That's totally on me for the confusion, sorry.

Dodge wrote:

Dodge wrote:

Well, I still maintain that I'd rather have the thread be about player numbers specifically rather than some update agenda.

But hey, at least I'm not the one who escalated the discussion by bringing up emotion into it.
You know, maybe people genuinely have criticism for the last update and have genuine reasons for disliking it.
And maybe they're tired of people strawmanning them and belittling their opinions into just "all you do is complain sad", kind of like you're doing now...

I'm not saying the OP is innocent but you know you aren't either..

#30 2019-05-25 15:17:37

Dodge

Léonard wrote:
Dodge wrote:

Oh, my bad.

I must have read the OP a little too quickly there.
I thought this was mostly about player numbers since as you point out these readings happened over months.

Thanks for clarifying that.
That's totally on me for the confusion, sorry.

Dodge wrote:

Dodge wrote:

Well, I still maintain that I'd rather have the thread be about player numbers specifically rather than some update agenda.

But hey, at least I'm not the one who escalated the discussion by bringing up emotion into it.
You know, maybe people genuinely have criticism for the last update and have genuine reasons for disliking it.
And maybe they're tired of people strawmanning them and belittling their opinions into just "all you do is complain sad", kind of like you're doing now...

I'm not saying the OP is innocent but you know you aren't either..

Hmmm so you want the thread to be about numbers but you start some low level beef drama with me? sounds good

"But hey, at least I'm not the one who escalated the discussion by bringing up emotion into it."

The whole thread was "emotional" just read the title "This Game is dead!"

Btw yes all you do IS complain, instead of crying about the new updates if you dont like them, you can calmly point out what you dont like about them, tell why and eventually find a way to solve these issues that is not "I dont like this shit, this sucks, remove update etc"

I'm not the one that got triggered by the comment funny that you say im "bringing up emotion into it"

Are you saying i have "some update agenda"?

Im not the one posting in each thread even unrelated ones how much "i dont like this".

"But hey, at least I'm not the one who escalated the discussion by bringing up emotion into it."

Actually you did smile, this is the discussion now, good job.

#31 2019-05-25 17:54:58

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:

Also when i said "Are people going to be this upset each time there is a significant game changing update?"

The OP says 'botches' in the plural and also present months of data.  Consequently, talking about just the latest update... which isn't what you would have said if you spoke correctly... you would have said the xenophobia update or the 'come together' update... makes for a strawman.  So, Léonard is correct to call you on strawmannig.  The OP addresses a trend and multiple updates.  And I don't think that person has made public comments about all of the updates that s/he finds poor before.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#32 2019-05-25 18:09:33

Dodge

Spoonwood wrote:
Dodge wrote:

The OP says 'botches' in the plural and also present months of data.  Consequently, talking about just the latest update... which isn't what you would have said if you spoke correctly... you would have said the xenophobia update or the 'come together' update... makes for a strawman.  So, Léonard is correct to call you on strawmannig.  The OP addresses a trend and multiple updates.  And I don't think that person has made public comments about all of the updates that s/he finds poor before.

YOU say i am strawmanning? this has to be the definition of ironie XD

Since you're the master of distorted aguments, basically 90% of your arguments are "NO!, followed by some distorted, playing on words, sementics or wathever argument"

Also how am i strawmanning?

He's referencing the come together update when he is saying "primitive graphics war game " since it's the update that introduced swords, a little bit of common sense goes a long way...

#33 2019-05-26 13:12:34

kittykatthegreat

It really killed it for me with the spring update, and then property fences and the coming together updates didn't help. I know it didn't make sense making wells out of ponds but I did enjoy the game a lot more when this is the way water was done. As for the game being dead I really don't think so I would say as long as jason keeps making updates I would say he could eventually mold this into a game that supports multiple play styles. To where the majority of the community would recommend it to their friends. I think releasing the game to different platforms could also give it another boost.

Those latest updates have cut my play time down to a 10th of what it was (every hour of my free time lol) but I'm going to hang around in hopes that the game turns back into something i enjoy as much as I did before.

#34 2019-05-26 14:36:15

Spoonwood

Dodge,

I explained how you were strawmanning above.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#35 2019-05-26 14:50:22

Ilka

This game is not dead yet but dies.
Recent updates have made me wonder whether or not to give up the game.
The amount of frustrating, unpleasant situations prevails over what was important to me in this game.
The game currently rewards murders, thievery and xenophobia.

It all fits perfectly to the game that was supposed to rely on cooperation.

What is now in the game resembles a post-apocalyptic world - destroyed nature, deserted cities, bandits and thieves everywhere.
A paradise for griefers.
If this is Jason's vision ...
Despite this, most players are still trying to play normally and welcoming new arrivals friendships.
And this is the only optimistic thing about this.

#36 2019-05-26 15:07:05

Friendly Isopod

I keep trying to be constructive but it falls apart again and again. I gather iron my whole life. Someone steals it all in two seconds. I'm minding my own business farming carrots, and suddenly a rogue Eve stabs me. Makes me not want to bother. I want to build a civilization. I don't want to steal, I don't want to kill, and I don't want to play run from the murderer.

#37 2019-05-26 15:20:55

Potjeh

Yeah, pretty much every life is a shitpile of violence now, and 90% of them at end tech. So much for different experience every life.

#38 2019-05-28 11:35:50

Léonard

Dodge wrote:

The whole thread was "emotional" just read the title "This Game is dead!"

"This game is dead" is a mere observation.
The whole OP is an observation.
The only reflection that was made on it (OP's point) was that when you have a great game you should seek to satisfy your customers so as to encourage player growth and that perhaps Jason is failing in this regard.

YOU brought emotion in this by implying the OP's real reason behind his posting is just anger.
How belittling and arrogant of you.

Dodge wrote:

Hmmm so you want the thread to be about numbers but you start some low level beef drama with me? sounds good

Seeing as my goal is to have a productive discussion regarding player numbers it would make sense that I would call you out on unnecessarily bringing up emotion into it.

I couldn't care less about who you are, Dodge.
The "beef" is in your head.

Dodge wrote:

Also how am i strawmanning?

You're misrepresenting the people who oppose Jason's recent updates by asserting that the underlying reason for their complains are simple anger and then argue about THAT rather than calmly continue the discussion and really answer their criticism like an adult would.

You're making out a strawman from these people, one that looks very angry for no real reason, and then you beat the shit out of that strawman rather than, you know, actually beating the real person and answering their real criticism.
Basically adding nothing of worth to the discussion.

Dodge wrote:

Btw yes all you do IS complain, instead of crying about the new updates if you dont like them, you can calmly point out what you dont like about them, tell why and eventually find a way to solve these issues that is not "I dont like this shit, this sucks, remove update etc"

See! You're doing it again!

This is the icing on the cake..
At this point I don't even know what to say to you.

It seems you genuinely believe people have nothing better to do out of their time than complain endlessly on some obscure forum for no real reason.
You're delusional if that's the case.

Dodge wrote:

I'm not the one that got triggered by the comment funny that you say im "bringing up emotion into it"

Well, I'm talking to the guy that immediately assumed anyone who opposes him is doing so on the simple basis of anger and is now saying I have "beef" with him.
You tell me who's triggered here.

Dodge wrote:

Are you saying i have "some update agenda"?

No, I was talking about both sides actually.
You're the one who is taking this personally once again..

Dodge wrote:

Actually you did smile, this is the discussion now, good job.

No.
This is the discussion YOU think we're having.
YOU are making it about you.

#39 2019-05-28 17:23:18

Joseph Stalin

its from steam players

Board footer