One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-05-28 02:02:41

RodneyC86

Re: Murder, Somewhat Quanitified

DestinyCall wrote:
futurebird wrote:

Lets see if the new changes to /die and Eve spawning help with that last graph. No more "choosing" to be Eve just to go kill people...

Has this change been implemented?   If so, I think something is wrong because there are a TON of murderous Eves running around.  I just had three lives in a row where our town was repeatedly attacked by killer Eves.    I couldn't even live long enough to fight back and my connection is too laggy to allow me to run away once I've been death-locked.   Really sucks.

How many peaceful eves have you come across? Are they any shoot on sight incidents against eves? Still think shackles is a bad idea?

#52 2019-05-28 02:53:40

DestinyCall

RodneyC86 wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
futurebird wrote:

Lets see if the new changes to /die and Eve spawning help with that last graph. No more "choosing" to be Eve just to go kill people...

Has this change been implemented?   If so, I think something is wrong because there are a TON of murderous Eves running around.  I just had three lives in a row where our town was repeatedly attacked by killer Eves.    I couldn't even live long enough to fight back and my connection is too laggy to allow me to run away once I've been death-locked.   Really sucks.

How many peaceful eves have you come across? Are they any shoot on sight incidents against eves? Still think shackles is a bad idea?

Yes, it is a terrible idea.   I want the game to be more playable, not less.

I do not encourage shooting Eves on sight.  It just spreads more violence.  These were griefer Eves, strafing peaceful town with bow and stabbing kids, not innocent Eves.    The strange thing is how many of them I encountered.   More were coming as fast as we could kill them.    It was stupid and unpleasant. 

Probably just bad timing and a couple of active griefers abusing the system while they still can.

#53 2019-05-28 03:03:53

DestinyCall

Tarr wrote:

We've essentially killed early game except for maybe around server reset (even though it's likely you'll be near a town) or if you're lucky enough to spawn around a griefer in donkey town. Never imagined I'd say this but I sort of miss early game now and again.

Kind of ironic that this latest update has killed the early game, considering i recall Jason posting not that long ago about how the early game was pretty much perfect and didn't need much fixing compared with other stages.    Whoops ...

#54 2019-05-28 05:17:53

Whatever

wondible wrote:

Additionally, I had a life that was recorded as killed-by on the lineage server, but as hunger in the lifelogs. The lifelogs are under-reporting murder by an unknown factor.

I also noticed that, i think if you get stabbed but then die from hunger it will be reported as hunger.
In very rare cases its also possible that data is missing.
Also i think that the curse logs are missing data, but i am not sure about it.

Board footer