One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-06-18 23:33:18

DestinyCall

Re: Gender lightning rod

Knock it off, guys.  Necrophilia is illegal.

#27 2020-06-18 23:51:01

Spoonwood

Whatever wrote:

someone else necrod this thread and than deleted their comment (i saw it yesterday)

I thought there was another comment, but wasn't sure.  Thanks.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#28 2020-06-19 00:00:35

sigmen4020

Whatever wrote:

someone else necrod this thread and than deleted their comment (i saw it yesterday)
spoon made a comment after the necro comment, this was a trap for spoonwood

What a sneak, framing Spoon for necroing. You saw who it was?

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#29 2020-06-19 02:42:20

Joseph Stalin

at least theres a record of it

#30 2020-06-19 03:41:15

Whatever

i forgot the name of the guy who necroed it, i think slinkys screenshot shows that he is called Guy.

This was a very smart trap, i think Guy searched for a forum post that he knew would draw the attention from spoon (something about fathers)
And then made an alt account and waited patiently until spoon would come on and pushed this thread to the top at the right moment.

Last edited by Whatever (2020-06-19 03:49:37)

#31 2020-06-19 05:16:55

Guy

Whatever wrote:

i forgot the name of the guy who necroed it, i think slinkys screenshot shows that he is called Guy.

This was a very smart trap, i think Guy searched for a forum post that he knew would draw the attention from spoon (something about fathers)
And then made an alt account and waited patiently until spoon would come on and pushed this thread to the top at the right moment.

Haha, No hard feelings

Also don't worry, It won't happen again. If mods want to ban me or whatever, That's fine. In my defense, It was pretty funny.

Last edited by Guy (2020-06-19 11:31:25)

#32 2020-06-23 03:37:36

Laskara

everyone's overthinking it

here's the deal

the game has to simulate birth somehow, so women have babies randomly pop out of them and if they want their lineage to survive they have to care for them. It's also the least effort if they are breastfed, which encourages babies to be reared by fertile women, most likely their mother who saw them first, rather than random adults. The babies are helpless and frail and dependent on an adult to simulate that this is also true IRL, which means it's a great idea for fertile aged women to stay close to food and warmth because that makes it easier for both of them to survive. If a fertile aged woman is busy far from food and warmth, the baby may not make it.

men don't have that happen. that means men can go far from food and fire and it won't hurt anything. This makes it easy for male players to go mine and stuff, when it would not be easy for anyone to mine and stuff if everyone popped babies periodically.

That said, in the earlier days of dev before all the sprites were finished and Jason implemented racelocking , I spawned into an all-ginger town, and at the time all the ginger sprites were female and racial spawn was determined by nearby players, which meant the town was all women for a very long time, and we were still able to function. Pre- and post- fertile women did out of town jobs and the town had designated caretakers so everyone else could run around and do her job. Eventually a blond boy was born and he was considered to be the savior of the town as normal play could resume- players like to raise their own babies.

Board footer