One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-02-08 21:27:12

Booklat1

Re: Why I feel the last few content updates have been lacking.

It was even before the mentioned big server update, of course it couldn't have considered it.

#27 2019-02-09 01:26:52

Grim_Arbiter

InSpace wrote:

The big servers patch is epic and the new items are just like version one, they'll get a use. Like imagine what he can add with the loom and sand! Don't listen to any hate J-man

Not tryin to necro this more but did you ever play arma J-man? I know that's a kinda common name but I wonder..

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#28 2019-02-09 03:18:01

crimeo

The person who suggested tractors and such: YES YES.

Car: totally useless, basically.
Tractor: almost exactly the same recipe-wise, can use all the same development work already sunk, but makes farming easier? Incredibly useful and relevant all of the sudden!

The core dev work is quality, but this subtle shift in perspective and purpose to "things people actually care about because they spend a lot of time on them in game" dramatically shifts its importance and impact.

In order to progress civilization, people want exactly the same things real people wanted at that time period: stuff that makes what they do all day long easier. Not shiny toys. Then the next things that become what you do all day instead will have new things that make them easier. That's great content planning, IMO.

* A horse collar and plow would have been less anachronistic than a tractor, but same idea. Make farming easier
* Gas ovens using the kerosene -- can just switch on and off and cook 1 or 2 items if you want without being inefficient, for example.
* Better woodworking tools, having lathes and things being able to use one type of wood to make other kinds of wood's items, when you take the time to build them, that would make life way easier. Using butt logs to make small handles, etc. etc. using fancy machines. Being able to make a whole tray of letters out of one butt log with a milling machine or sander, that sort of thing.
* Machines that pull more rocks out of a quarry site so you can make more buildings in a radius if you invest in the fancy machines
* Better storage even if fancy and expensive, so you can get more done in a denser urban space
* Stuff like conveyor belts or whatnot to assist in efficiency and automation of basic tasks, especially if emergently designed (like redstone sort of thing, or factorio)

Then, as we can no longer have to worry about food as much anymore, later game, we have free time to spend doing more things that become the next layer of gameplay loop, at a higher tech level. Then new content helps automate THOSE, etc.

Last edited by crimeo (2019-02-09 03:18:58)

#29 2019-02-09 09:07:30

Nepumuk

You guys are necro masters.

I am Eve Speed.

#30 2019-02-11 17:52:17

golmock

I totally agree with you.
may vary from person to person, but I don't like the latest update.
Car? Black smith? Radio? Plane?
Those are the things I don't want. I don't know why this game needs these.
I want a variety of cook recipes, and more clothes.

!eve painter! You will have a color name.
I can teach you if i'm not busy. just talk to me.

Board footer