One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-01-07 04:10:44

Stormyzabeast

Re: Update: Apocalypse 2.0

seth wrote:

Another reason I like this idea:

So you think your society is thriving and all is well right? Well how good is it going really if there's someone around who succeeds at building the bomb that will destroy it all. That's like being really proud that your built a garden in your backyard, and meanwhile global warming is 10 seconds away from flooding your entire city.

I've yet to see any notifications of anyone working toward the apocalypse, but when that happens, and our society does not choose to react because we're too busy baking pies, I think that says something quite meaningful.

We walk around with the delusion that our society works because it's been around for a few hundred years. Well, what if our confidence is entirely unearned?

I've seen several live nosaj :'(

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#27 2019-01-07 13:07:33

Averest

Now that server 14 successfully enacted the Apocalypse, the bell tower listings for it are no longer valid. Is it possible to maybe grey out the text or otherwise let players know that the bell towers have been destroyed while still preserving their record?

#28 2019-01-15 19:02:30

Stormyzabeast

Such bs

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#29 2024-02-10 04:48:48

Spoonwood

The notion of players having "The Button" became strained, at best, in the post-Rift world with the Tarr monument in a fixed position (it should sit in a fixed position).  The Apocalypse does NOT reset Eve spawns to their original area.  That contrasts with the hard wipes Jason has done before where Eve spawns reset to near (0, 0) where the Tarr monument sits.

It becomes even more strained, and indeed nonsensical that players have "The Button" with the recent Methman Memorial Update.

Some of MaDcOw's comments from the discord on this subject:

"If the apoc had diff stages of things happening that made the whole map want to play on a good/bad side, I don't see the apoc as a bad thing" 3/5/2023.

"If it killed everyone and reset to 0,0 it would be at least semi useful"  5/15/2021.

"Which is sad
Nothing cool to explore post apoc" 05/15/2021 (because Eve spawns are not reset)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer