One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-12-11 12:06:29

alphabetter

Re: On zoom mods, should I use one?

i use one hour plus, and i didnt actually know how to work the zoom function on it until, maybe a couple weeks ago? very recently since ive been playing the game for roughly six months now. but let me tell you, the amount of times ive died by animals that RAN from no where without zoom, is probably about half my lives that i tried to explore and gather resources. it made me not want to leave town, because i knew id die. now, i play at... i think 1.5? and it is a life saver. literally. the last time i died to an animal that wasnt on purpose was because of lag jostling me and my daughter six ways to sunday, ending with her appearing on the other side of the biome once i stopped rubberbanding.

even if that DIDNT change my perspective from the wild animals alone, its less cramped. especially in big towns, where i cant find something bc the screen is so small. theres no running in a general direction and hoping thats where my mom went when im chasing after her on stubby baby legs, bc i can still see her. i know that breaks the whole way the game is supposed to be played, but for me, i dont care. its, as mods as made to do, made the game better for me.

i used to name my kids alphabetically. now i just... dont play anymore.

#27 2018-12-12 13:48:56

gabal

What about moskitoes? Can you see them while zooming out?

#28 2018-12-12 16:14:10

MultiLife

gabal wrote:

What about moskitoes? Can you see them while zooming out?

Not very well. It's better to just wait for them to move to see them all and move with them. I usually avoid jungles when zoomed out and just walk around them.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-12 16:15:09)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#29 2018-12-14 00:31:37

golmock

I usually use 1920 or 1600 resolution when I play games.
The base game has a ridiculously narrow view and everything is toooooo big! I can't be immersed.
Do you understand what i feels like to play a classic game from the '90s?

I hope that the age check function and resolution control during the performance become the basic function of the game.

And to answer your question, I'm not interested in using the neighbors' mods.
I usually play with 1.5 times magnification
But if i find someone who's suspected of being a gripper, i zoom in and look at them.
hide their weapons when they eat while watching them make them. Or it's useful to survive trying to kill me.

Last edited by golmock (2018-12-14 00:32:42)

!eve painter! You will have a color name.
I can teach you if i'm not busy. just talk to me.

Board footer